Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Demar in the skills challenge?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    hahahah he might be the 1st player to not make a shot in the 3pt contest
    Now don't be hard on him! Besides, he'd probably take a step inside the line on half the shots anyway

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    GUYS, don't hate on Derozan. He's developing that Iverson crossover as we speak. Here is some evidence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFx9UCyE4UE

Haha Im going to root for him and alphabet. Lets go SG's!

Edit: On a more serious note, Demar definitely has some skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VgNvpT-56s
    He definitely displayed his Tim Hardaway cross-over with the last play in Portland.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

And the internal ridiculing of our own All-Star continues. Shame.

People complain about our players not getting any respect in the US? Sheesh.
    In Masai we Trust.

4. Like salmon, Burnit482 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post

Ah DeMar, there you go flying too close to the sun on wings of pastrami again.

In all seriousness though, I'm glad he's out there repping our team. He's a good kid and it's great to see him get some exposure outside of Toronto.

6. Like drunkmunky liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

Praise unto thee oh all-star. Let thy light illuminate the darkness of our nights and shine upon the path of salvation from mediocrity. May infidels look upon the Saviour and weep.

Better?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    Praise unto thee oh all-star. Let thy light illuminate the darkness of our nights and shine upon the path of salvation from mediocrity. May infidels look upon the Saviour and weep.

Better?
    ...?

What do you think, Smart Ass? Lol
    In Masai we Trust.

9. Like stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

I agree 1000% with what you said. Except Demar himself didn't want to do it (given he's probably aware of his shortcomings). His agent talked him into it.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I agree 1000% with what you said. Except Demar himself didn't want to do it (given he's probably aware of his shortcomings). His agent talked him into it.
    Always, but always, trust agents to do the absolute right things by their clients.

12. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry I love derozan but in this event he's gonna be like a pinto on the autobahn. This will end one of two ways: bad or embarassingly so.

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

looool I was NOT expecting this , its just so random
    atleast DeMar in the dunk contest makes some sense

what ever happenes we got your back DeMar just don't embarrass your self DD
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I'm sorry I love derozan but in this event he's gonna be like a pinto on the autobahn. This will end one of two ways: bad or embarassingly so.
    Disagree. Have a little a faith in the guy.
    In Masai we Trust.

16. Like TRex liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Watch Lillard from last year. The layup, dribbling, and long 2 will be easy enough for Demar. The passing through the hoop, especially the bounce pass, will be tough. That's usually where the non-PGs get stuck. If he can get those quick he'll be just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Watch Lillard from last year. The layup, dribbling, and long 2 will be easy enough for Demar. The passing through the hoop, especially the bounce pass, will be tough. That's usually where the non-PGs get stuck. If he can get those quick he'll be just fine.
    We don't even know if its the same format. They've added teams.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Rookie CalibreMC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently George hill and lance stephonson both declined to participate...

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The skills comp. is lame and boring, at least compared to the dunk and 3pt contests. I doubt any NBA player is salivating thinking about doing this. Demar didn't want to participate and I can't blame him. It really doesn't matter how it goes, cause who really gives a rats ass, just try and have some fun with it DeRo!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    The skills comp. is lame and boring, at least compared to the dunk and 3pt contests. I doubt any NBA player is salivating thinking about doing this. Demar didn't want to participate and I can't blame him. It really doesn't matter how it goes, cause who really gives a rats ass, just try and have some fun with it DeRo!!
    I like the skills comp. The dunk is just a popularity contest these days. The 3Pt shooting is good still but the skills comp shows off players who are more than just fan favs. I'd like to see them expand it more.
    F*ck Brooklyn

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I like the skills comp. The dunk is just a popularity contest these days. The 3Pt shooting is good still but the skills comp shows off players who are more than just fan favs. I'd like to see them expand it more.
    Honestly, I don't even like all-star weekend anymore. It has lost it's novelty for me, and I look at the skills comp as being the dirt and poverty of the whole fiasco. I can remember in years past just waiting for the dunks to start, and then there would be a string of commercials, and then some commentary, and then another string of commercials and so on and so forth. It takes 3 hours to complete 45 minutes of competitions. I've lost interest really, and the dunk comp has really gone to the dogs. Anyone remember the Birdman competing? Took him like 10+ tries to complete a dunk, it was pathetic and it hasn't gotten much better IMO. Anyways, that's just my sour look on it...I'll catch the highlights, but I would much prefer if regular games were on instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Honestly, I don't even like all-star weekend anymore. It has lost it's novelty for me, and I look at the skills comp as being the dirt and poverty of the whole fiasco. I can remember in years past just waiting for the dunks to start, and then there would be a string of commercials, and then some commentary, and then another string of commercials and so on and so forth. It takes 3 hours to complete 45 minutes of competitions. I've lost interest really, and the dunk comp has really gone to the dogs. Anyone remember the Birdman competing? Took him like 10+ tries to complete a dunk, it was pathetic and it hasn't gotten much better IMO. Anyways, that's just my sour look on it...I'll catch the highlights, but I would much prefer if regular games were on instead.
    Oh, I completely agree about the dunk contest. It's honestly not even worth watching live anymore. PVR and fast forward through the crap is the only way I watch it.

The skills comp gets treated like the "dirt and poverty" as you put it (honestly say I've never heard that expression), but that's not because of the value of the event but more the perceived value to the average viewer. If there's anything that has been proven in life, it's that the "average viewer" is dumb. True fans get pushed aside as all leagues go for quantity over quality.
    F*ck Brooklyn

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan is a curious choice considering past participants. But let's be honest, it's not like the competition really requires a ton of skill. Guys lazily jog half-assed, palm the ball while dribbling around the pylons, and stop the clock with a casual layup. Nobody here thinks DeRozan can win this thing, but I doubt he'll embarrass himself.

The biggest hiccup would be the passing through the barrels. But that could stymie anyone.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Damian Lillard, Michael Carter-Williams, Goran Dragic, Victor Oladipo, Trey Burke, DeMar DeRozan, Reggie Jackson, Giannis Antetokounmpo

DD and Po just seem like really odd choices, and under the new format (4 teams of 2), of course they get teamed up together. (Perhaps this is all Masai's master plan to recruit Po to the Raps!)

Also, we should be more politically correct, it's not the skills challenge, it's the Taco Bell Skills Challenge.

F*ck Brooklyn

Thread Information