Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loul Deng - Seriously we gotta get this guy in the off season

4 years 48 million get it done
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Defensive presence, strong vet leadership, perfect fit.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

12 mil a year, 4 years, turning 29, played way too many minutes in chicago, and isn't going to bring us to the finals? No thanks. And I say that as someone who loves his game
      @Boymusic66

Comment

The problem with a 4 year deal for Deng is that if the ceiling for that team is 3rd in the East it's pretty hard to get off that treadmill.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Pass. I'd rather see Ross grow into a legit, mobile 3.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            Pass. I'd rather see Ross grow into a legit, mobile 3.
            I think asking ross to guard bigger players night in, night out is not a good thing. I'm sure it's exhausting.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I agree, it's showing too. But something's got to give - it shouldn't be Deng though. Having to move assets like a Demar to Phoenix for picks, Bledsoe, etc. is preferable and then drafting a 3 is better IMHO.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                I agree, it's showing too. But something's got to give - it shouldn't be Deng though. Having to move assets like a Demar to Phoenix for picks, Bledsoe, etc. is preferable and then drafting a 3 is better IMHO.
                I know that's just an example but Bledsoe is worth more than Demar is.

I agree with Stooley regarding Ross. I'd rather have him be a big 2 then a small 3.

Comment

well Its that or Ross comes off the bench I'd rather him be a long mobile 3. DeMAr has earned the long term starting 2 no doubt.

Comment

Pass on Deng. 5 years too late for that.

I like Ross at the 3 but it makes sense that he needs a big body back-up to help defend and give him some breathers. Right now, our only back-up on the wing is Salmons, who doesn't really have the size for the 3 spot. Landry should have filled that role but hasn't and possibly can't.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                      12 mil a year, 4 years, turning 29, played way too many minutes in chicago, and isn't going to bring us to the finals? No thanks. And I say that as someone who loves his game
                      I completely agree. Plus, what this team really need is a POWER FORWARD. Why waste money on an injury prone 29 year old SF??
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

It's not so much that he's too old -- he's not. I wouldn't mind signing 12 mil a year 4 years to a 29 year old if he's been healthy. But someone like Deng? The guy hasn't played a full season since 2010. I'd be concerned about giving him that deal 2 years ago, let alone next season.

It'll be more like $48M for 2.5 years with his track record.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

"Hey, our team is playing .500 ball in a weak conference, so clearly the next step to become title contenders is to spend big money and eliminate all our cap space to add a wing who's past his prime, has played a zillion minutes the last few years and whose shooting has been steadily getting worse in that time!"

Raps fans gonna Raps fans, I guess

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                            "Hey, our team is playing .500 ball in a weak conference, so clearly the next step to become title contenders is to spend big money and eliminate all our cap space to add a wing who's past his prime, has played a zillion minutes the last few years and whose shooting has been steadily getting worse in that time!"

Raps fans gonna Raps fans, I guess
                            sorry I thought we could use a defensive ace/all star small forward with size who can stymie the efforts of the Lebon James or the leagues.

sorry about that...I really thought we were in search of a David West type vet to anchor our starting unit. my bad. Who wants a guy that can guard 4 positions? Anyone? We pay ten million a year for Turkoglu but people balk at 12 million for an actual all star that doesn't need the ball to be successful? Cap space be damned...spend the fucking money, lets find a way to get Paul Millsap and Loul Deng next to DeRozan and Lowry. Adding those two pieces makes us a contender...an actual legit NBA finals shot. If we are that cose we gotta go for it.
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I say lock him up for 3 years at $36M, leaving us with even more flexibility in the in the summer of 2017, when DD comes off the books too. Maybe I'd give Deng a $14M, $12M and $10M for each year respectively to make him more trade-able, if his health went south and stuff ... maybe I'd go as far as $16M, $12M and $8M ... but that's just nit-picking. Definitely a solid pickup though. A solid vet is needed here, with Salmons gone in the summer and with Hayes being who knows how much of a long-term member.

Comment

Working...
                              X