Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Toronto Steve Bartman

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Toronto Steve Bartman

    Has anyone ever seen a fan interfere with a play like that douche bag at the laker game?

    I'm shocked that the refs didn't call whatever fan interference is. Well, not shocked because the refs clearly got inked to star in the Kobe Bryant bio pic after the third quarter. What a disgrace from the refs in the fourth quarter. At one point does Stern decide that men in thier 50's and 60's are not mentally/physically healthy enough to run up and down the court for 48 minutes. The whole its the fourth quarter, I'm too tired to make the right calls so I'll just call it favorably for the home team has gotten rather tiresome.

    Can the raps protest? I can't imagine Stern wants any precedents set with fans affecting games from their courtside seats. Isn't that indirectly related to the malice and the palace?

    Lastly what was up with the point they gave us when it was 95-92. Bargs went 2 for 3 from the line and they gave us an extra point. Am i crazy?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    Has anyone ever seen a fan interfere with a play like that douche bag at the laker game?

    I'm shocked that the refs didn't call whatever fan interference is. Well, not shocked because the refs clearly got inked to star in the Kobe Bryant bio pic after the third quarter. What a disgrace from the refs in the fourth quarter. At one point does Stern decide that men in thier 50's and 60's are not mentally/physically healthy enough to run up and down the court for 48 minutes. The whole its the fourth quarter, I'm too tired to make the right calls so I'll just call it favorably for the home team has gotten rather tiresome.

    Can the raps protest? I can't imagine Stern wants any precedents set with fans affecting games from their courtside seats. Isn't that indirectly related to the malice and the palace?

    Lastly what was up with the point they gave us when it was 95-92. Bargs went 2 for 3 from the line and they gave us an extra point. Am i crazy?
    The officials run up and down half of the court and not the full court. The baseline official at one end becomes the guy out at the top at the other end and visa versa. The guy in the middle goes from foul line to foul line or so.

    In any case this biased officiating happens all the time in Lakers home games and has for years. It is not going to change. Teams playing in Los Angeles know this and live with it. Is it unfair to the visiting team? Of course. Is it good for the NBA as a whole? Of course it is when the Lakers have good teams like they do now.

    Unfairness exists in all sports where officiating is actively involved. I don't watch much football, but I know in baseball it also happens. The great pitchers get a wider and more mobile strike zone. The great hitters get a smaller strike zone. Not all the time but enough to have it make the difference in wins and losses.

    People love to complain about it when their favorite players and teams are on the short end of the officiating stick.

    I think that there is a greater chance of taking the corruption out of Beltway politics than there is of officials starting to call games involving the leagues favorite players and teams fairly.

    Just my opinion.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They had the call right at the time in the building. It should have been 96 points and they had us at 95 on the TV and the official scorers. I think I would have put a whole through my 40" if they didn't count that one, especially after the fuckin Kobe love fest that was happening. Ugh. I hate you too Pau Gasol...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lapo Elkann is a douchbag, just take a look at a few pictures:







    "Someone" even left this entry in his Wikipedia page:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapo_Elkann

    Elkann recently raised the ire of Raptors fans everywhere when he touched a ball that was going out of bounds. Toronto Raptor Jose Calderon was trying to get the ball but was prevented from doing so when Elkann interfered

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    haha, thats amazing. How did this guy get courtside tix to a laker game? Guess the raps aren't the draw they used to be.

    Buddhafan, yes you are right we love to complain when our team loses as it is easier to blame the officials than point the finger where it belongs. Turk is an abomination and anyone who thinks he is going to step up his game in the play offs probably thought Hurt Locker was better than Avatar.

    Turk Locker is fast becoming an IED for the raps play off hopes. That pass to fisher was the last act of a desperate man. The sad thing is I actually thought he played with some heart last night.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i told you something crazy was going to happen.

    "Yesterday, 05:22 PM

    LBF
    Member
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Posts: 69 " maybe somethign weird is going to happen cause this is the first 10:30 raps game ina while" "

  7. #7
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,060
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For those that missed it.


  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    haha, thats amazing. How did this guy get courtside tix to a laker game? Guess the raps aren't the draw they used to be.
    He was apparently sitting in his cousin's seats.

  9. #9
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It was a dumb move but it looks like it was out of bounds anyway. Calderon's foot was on the line.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    For those that missed it.

    Foot on the line or not, that's some bull shit.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    i told you something crazy was going to happen.

    "Yesterday, 05:22 PM

    LBF
    Member
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Posts: 69 " maybe somethign weird is going to happen cause this is the first 10:30 raps game ina while" "
    Thanks for reminding us, you want a cookie or something?

  12. #12
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,060
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lapo's apologizing for the other night:

    Late in the fourth quarter Raptors’ point guard Jose Calderon tried to save the ball that was going out of bounds, but Lapo knocked it off the Spaniard’s head with both his hands.

    The Lakers were awarded possession and went on to win by a two-point margin.

    “Having two Italians on the team and being Italian, I wished for them to win,” Elkann told ESPN, referring to Raptors’ duo Marco Belinelli and Andrea Bargnani.

    “I saw the ball coming on me and I pushed it. I’m not an expert in basketball. I know more about soccer than I do about basketball,” he concluded as he pulled up his sleeve to show a tattoo of the Juventus logo.
    Source - Click here

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I will accept his appology if he will give me a brand new Fiat car it should be a simple write off for him.

    Until then Lapo you are on the noticed board, wedged right in between the Boston Celtics and Hedo Turkoglu.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •