Rivals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivals

What Team(s) do you guys consider to be our rivals? Or it could be just a team that you despise
    #BringBackUzoh

everyone.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

It's hilarious, but in my mind it's the Bobcats.
      Not so much in respect to actual rivalry, but in respect to the team I really want to see the Raptors beat.

They just seem to have our number, and Henderson's remarkably smooth head knows it.

But for real, I bet the next match-up with Brooklyn will be intense.

Comment

I think you need a long playoff history to really have a rivalry. And because the Raptors have had a pretty terrible playoff history you can't really consider another team. Maybe NY comes the closest because the Raptors beat them in the playoffs once. You can throw in the Bargnani trade as well.. but NY would never consider Toronto a rival. So it would be one sided and that's a bit pathetic.

Comment

I'd like to hope that Brooklyn and Atlanta ... but I'm afraid Charlotte is among them...
          I was really hoping that Detroit and Cleveland would be rivals, but they have been horrible this season! ... to put it nicely

Comment

Personally, I think Pacers or Celtics

The game atmosphere always feels different when we're playing against them

Comment

Nets
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

brooklyn forsure

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I think you need a long playoff history to really have a rivalry. And because the Raptors have had a pretty terrible playoff history you can't really consider another team. Maybe NY comes the closest because the Raptors beat them in the playoffs once. You can throw in the Bargnani trade as well.. but NY would never consider Toronto a rival. So it would be one sided and that's a bit pathetic.
                  This. We don't deserve a rival. Haven't been in the playoffs long enough to create animosity with another team. Detroit and Chicago for example. If we create a one sided rivalry with a storied franchise, which a lot of you are suggesting, they have every right to call us pathetic because it trivializes the meaning of the word.
                  Last edited by akashsingh; Sun Feb 9, 2014, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Themselves (ie. self-implosion).
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Brooklyn Nets and NYK
                      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

No one really, but if there's 1 team I love to beat it's the Knicks. I don't think the Nets are our rivals, just a lot of people here (including myself) don't like them.

Around 2008 though it was the Celtics, Bargnani always used to have such good games against them. And the time Garnett barked at Calderon, ah the memories.

Comment

Brooklyn, the Bobcats, and the Knicks

used to be the Celtics and Philly as well
                          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Real 'rivalries' are formed in the play offs. Not amongst teams in the regular season. We have no rivalries. There may be teams that there's dislike with but that's not a rivalry
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

Sadly, the guy who said themselves is correct.

Comment

Working...
                              X