No announcement yet.

Rivals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't have any rivals. And there really aren't many rivalries in the NBA today. I would say Heat vs Pacers is one. Warriors vs Clippers, maybe? but that's about it.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Warriors vs Clippers is one, even if they deny it. And it's great viewing!

Bulls vs Heat had lots of potential, there was definitely a lot of tension there. Irrelevant without Rose though.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
        Real 'rivalries' are formed in the play offs. Not amongst teams in the regular season. We have no rivalries. There may be teams that there's dislike with but that's not a rivalry
        I agree with the above, and although I don't think we have much of a rivalry with any team in particular, there is one NBA team that we've lost to in a playoff series and that we've beaten in a playoff series... they were both consecutive series as well.

So my answer is the NY Knicks
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I'd say the Knicks and Nets. Both are division rivals, both are somewhat close geographically, and we're the biggest cities in our respective countries. I don't think we need to play them in the playoffs to make it a rivalry. We just need to start winning the division every year and both teams will come to hate us.

Comment

Rivals are made in the playoffs, and both teams have to win a series before fans and players on both sides consider it a rivalry.

Raptors have no rivals yet.

Comment

Raptors vs Bryan Colangelo's decision-making
              @Boymusic66

Comment

Orlando, maybe. They beat us twice in the playoffs.
                The nets for sure, fleeced us in that trade and beat us in they playoffs.
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                  Orlando, maybe. They beat us twice in the playoffs.
                  The nets for sure, fleeced us in that trade and beat us in they playoffs.
                  Nope...actually no team has beat us twice in the playoffs. NY is the only team we've faced twice. Beat them once and lost once

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Nope...actually no team has beat us twice in the playoffs. NY is the only team we've faced twice. Beat them once and lost once
                    My bad, they beat us so bad it must've felt like twice
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Will let you know after the playoffs.

Comment

Closest thing is the Knicks.

Comment

The Pacers for sure. Especially if we face them in the playoffs and beat them.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                            The Pacers for sure. Especially if we face them in the playoffs and beat them.
                            lol the pacers are not the raptors 'rivals'. jesus. are we already forgetting the knicks vs pacers of the past 20 years?

Comment

Our rivals are everyone we lose to
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

so everyone
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X