No announcement yet.

Trade Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But it would be a mistake to think that what the Raptors have accomplished to date — a first-place standing in the Atlantic and a top three spot in the Eastern Conference (as it stands now) — has changed Ujiri’s timetable in any way.

“On my side, no,” he said. “I think we always want to get better, we want to continue to grow. I think what (the trade) did for us is it kind of gave the young guys a good platform to grow, Jonas (Valanciunas), Terrence (Ross) , DeMar (DeRozan) and I think even (Patrick) Patterson, I can consider him a young power forward in the NBA at 24, he’s just finishing his rookie contract. It’s given them a good place to grow and that’s the way I look at it. We have plenty of work to do. I think they play hard, they compete. I think coach Casey has done an excellent job so we’ll see how it continues to grow.”

The timetable remains the same.

“I always said since I came in, the players will dictate where we go and the team will dictate where we go and that’s kind of how it’s been,” Ujiri said. “So they’re growing and you want it that way. When we go find players, these are the type of young players you want to find and we hope that we continue to draft well and find good young players and grow the team.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/16...deadline-looms
    I think it is safe to say if you're proposing a trade for the Raptors, draft picks are not to be included.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I think it is safe to say if you're proposing a trade for the Raptors, draft picks are not to be included.
      Seems like he's been fairly pleased with how Casey's handled the team..
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        Seems like he's been fairly pleased with how Casey's handled the team..
        Sounds at least possible Casey gets brought back.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Sounds at least possible Casey gets brought back.
          No. That would be terrible, despite our recent success he has still been pretty bad.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            No. That would be terrible, despite our recent success he has still been pretty bad.
            Yeah I liked the comment but really not sure how I think about that.... Oh wait yes I do.

Comment

• I think Casey will be extended but he'll continue to have a short leash. He's not the world's greatest coach but his team seems to like playing for him - and they are winning. That's really all you can ask for.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                SI's Point Forward has proposed a few trades that should happen. With all the Greg Monroe, trade with OKC chatter that has been on here recently, this deal would certainly trump our offers to OKC.

http://nba.si.com/2014/02/17/2014-nb...e-evan-turner/
                OKC traded Harden so that they can stay out of luxury tax. Monroe is probably going to command at least $13M a year (probably more like $15M). Not sure why OKC trades for him and then sees him leave when they can't afford to match another team's offer. I think Monroe would be a great upgrade over Perkins.. just don't see it being very realistic though.

Comment

• @WolstatSun: Sun sources: Raptors kicking the tires on Celtics star Rajon Rondo. Nothing close, but team high on him: http://t.co/tnDcVMhAEy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    @WolstatSun: Sun sources: Raptors kicking the tires on Celtics star Rajon Rondo. Nothing close, but team high on him: http://t.co/tnDcVMhAEy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• The Toronto Raptors have expressed interest in acquiring Denver Nuggets power forward Kenneth Faried before Thursday’s trade deadline, league sources told Basketball Insiders.
                      Denver is listening to offers for the 24-year-old, but nothing is imminent.
                      Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri was previously the GM of the Nuggets, and he selected Faried in the 2011 NBA Draft.
                      The New York Knicks continue to express interest in Faried as well.
                      This season, Faried is averaging 10.4 points, 7.5 rebounds and a block.
                      Per Alex Kennedy

Read more at http://www.basketballinsiders.com/ra...2y0cBp44ZPr.99
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        That's probably Masai just messing with the Knicks again. Oh you want that guy, oh we are about to trade for him. Guess you'll have to throw another future first in
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• What's the asking price for Faried anyway?? of all the trade rumours this is the one that intrigues me the most.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            What's the asking price for Faried anyway?? of all the trade rumours this is the one that intrigues me the most.
                            Faried is just another Amir....

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              What's the asking price for Faried anyway?? of all the trade rumours this is the one that intrigues me the most.
                              Supposedly more than Shumpert.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                                Faried is just another Amir....
                                Yeah pretty much..

Amir is only 2 years older. Amir is slightly better defensively while Faried is slightly better offensively and on the glass.

Amir makes $7M next season (expiring). Faried is an RFA and could be making a lot more. Amir loves Toronto and obviously has chemistry with everyone on the team. I'd stick with Amir.

Comment

Working...
                                X