Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    And what're they gonna do with Harris?
    I don't watch the magic too often, but I'm Pretty sure he plays SF, I mean he's playing alongside Big Baby so he surely ain't the PF

This draft is just too fascinating.

Comment

Haha naw he comes off the bench. I think the magic play

Nelson
      Oladipo
      Afflalo
      Harris
      Vucevic

If they got embiid, realistically they could very easily flip vucevic
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

People keep forgetting, but MU got 3 draft picks for Bargnani. 3! For Bargnani! From a team that HAD a good 3 point shooter AND THEN INCLUDED HIM IN THE DEAL TO US!

I'm not worried about the warlord MU.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          People keep forgetting, but MU got 3 draft picks for Bargnani. 3! For Bargnani! From a team that HAD a good 3 point shooter AND THEN INCLUDED HIM IN THE DEAL TO US!

I'm not worried about the warlord MU.
          We should start a petition to let Dolan buy a 2nd team so we have more assets to fleece from him.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            and he dealt Gay, Gray and Acy for a wholotta cap space and a trip to the play-offs. Another mark of Ujiri's superb Managerial skills. However a 'ridiculous rip-off' like the Bargnani deal does not happen often.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              DeRozan is really the only real asset this team has (age, talent, room for improvement, reasonable salary, under contract for a couple more seasons) that would return a high quality/priced player via trade.

Lowry's contract status likely diminishes his trade value, especially ahead of the 2014 draft.

JV & Ross are on rookie deals and wouldn't return much contract on their own. The Raps would try to use filler, while other teams would probably request additional assets.

Amir is the only other quality player under contract (non-rookie scale), but his injury history and inconsistent play likely diminish his trade value too. He's young, but the mileage on his body belies his age.

Players like Patterson, Vasquez, Hansborough, Novak and Salmons might have some trade value (or their contracts), especially for contending teams, but they're much more likely to return minor assets (ie: 2nd round pick) unless combined as part of a larger deal.

In all honesty, what other coveted assets does this team really have to offer in trade?
              This line of thinking doesnt make much sense to me. To me, our most valuable trade assets are Ross and JV, exactly for the reason that they are on rookie contracts and thus are underpaid (and of course they are young and have upside.) Sure, you would need to include other salary to make a deal work, but throw in, say, Salmons (who is basically an expiring given $1m buyout) with either of these guys and you can match pretty much any salary that you could with Demar.

DD is valuable too .. but not as valuable as the young guys given their rookie contract status.

So, I would say we have four assets of note that people would want and could return us a legit player. Ross, JV, DD and our picks.

Amir and KL maybe you get something, but I agree with your assessment, that on their own, they dont have a lot of value.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                This line of thinking doesnt make much sense to me. To me, our most valuable trade assets are Ross and JV, exactly for the reason that they are on rookie contracts and thus are underpaid (and of course they are young and have upside.) Sure, you would need to include other salary to make a deal work, but throw in, say, Salmons (who is basically an expiring given $1m buyout) with either of these guys and you can match pretty much any salary that you could with Demar.

DD is valuable too .. but not as valuable as the young guys given their rookie contract status.

So, I would say we have four assets of note that people would want and could return us a legit player. Ross, JV, DD and our picks.

Amir and KL maybe you get something, but I agree with your assessment, that on their own, they dont have a lot of value.
                It is because of the rules of the CBA. For teams over the cap they can only send out/receive 150% of the salary. So it is going to be tough to find fair value for a guy like JV making $3.3M same with Ross making about $2.6 - especially when you factor in potential. It is why rookie deals are so valued in new CBA.

Key thing to remember is CRF said "on their own".

Comment

How about a Hansbrough + Buycks for Lou Williams swap with Atlanta? They need PF/C depth, we need guard depth.

How about the Rudy Gay TPE for Kaman straight up? Saves LAL a bunch of money on their tax bill. Gives us a big backup center.

These are the kind of little trades that could help push us deeper into the playoffs without sacrificing future assets or flexibility.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    Not a rumour, but any thoughts on a Lowry for Isaah Thomas swap? Lowry is hands down the better player, but Thomas is pretty good already, younger and cheaper as well.
                    Thomas is a great scoring point guard, no question, but he doesn't play defense - like, at all - and he's not quite up to running a team's offense yet. Plus, Sacramento is going to be able to re-sign him extremely cheaply: they just sign his qualifying offer (LESS THAN A MILLION BUCKS) and match whatever anybody else offers him, and Thomas is going to be the second choice point guard in free agency at best after Lowry anyway. And Boogie and Thomas are good friends. If I'm the Kings there is almost no reason to trade Thomas unless the offer is too nuts to pass up, and for the Raptors there simply isn't enough upside.

Comment

Which Wild-Card Team Will Surprise Us?

Four teams are generating some curiosity from gawkers around the league:
                      4. Toronto Raptors

The Rudy Gay trade invigorated a moribund team with depth and clear-cut roles, but as the great David Aldridge at NBA.com reported Monday, Masai Ujiri, the team’s whip-smart GM, is always on the prowl. The Raps have a lot of dead or semi-dead salary they’d like to move, an extra first-round pick courtesy of the Knicks (BARGS BARGITTY BARGS!), an aggressive ownership group, and a potential hole at point guard next season as Kyle Lowry enters free agency.

Lowry is ornery, but he’s also very good, and the market for him could be cool this summer. Most of the 10 or so teams set to have $10 million or more in cap space don’t need a point guard, and Lowry’s clashes with head coaches could deter the rest. The Raps may well be able to re-sign him at something like $21 million or $24 million over three seasons, and that should be a happy outcome for everyone.
                      http://grantland.com/features/the-nba-swap-meet/

Comment

3 year deal is perfect. $21-$24M is also perfect.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If the Raptors can get Lowry for $21 million over three years, and keep him from feeling slighted at the same time, then it's a slam dunk deal.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            3 year deal is perfect. $21-$24M is also perfect.
                            Agreed. Assuming we say goodbye to salmons, that would keep our salary around the 52-54 mil range. We'd be able to keep lowry and still be able to do a GSW type trade if a star like melo wanted to come here in the offseason (unlikely)
                            @Boymusic66

Comment

Kenneth Faried's name is coming up everywhere as being available in a trade. What would it take to get him? I have no clear idea of what Denver wants to do...compete, tank?

Comment

Three years at $8m per year is probably lowballing it. I'd expect Lowry to re-sign for $9m a year at least; the Lakers will be able to easily manage that, if nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                                X