Trade Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I can't imagine thats actually real .. is it? I need to know names.
    Strange but true. Lots of others saying they wouldn't trade Amir for less than a top-10 2014 1st round pick.

The biggest problem with Amir is that when he's on - healthy and focused - he's great, but he takes a beating, can mentally checkout at times, and can disappear for stretches of games. That's fine for an above average backup PF / 3rd big, but I personally would prefer more and/or consistent contributions from a starting PF.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      * I am not suggesting or promoting tanking *

Having said that, I don't understand why some people feel trading Lowry would mean this is a lost season. If MU wants to trade Lowry (for a variety of possible reasons, which have been well discussed in several threads already), the team could still compete for the playoffs OR descend into the lottery (depending the trade return and/or subsequent trades).

On one hand, Lowry's value has never been higher, which means there should be some decent talent coming back via trade. You also can't look at a single trade in a vacuum, so the PG spot could be addressed by more than just Vasquez & Stone/Buycks. Given the relatively weak EC, this team could very well continue to compete for a playoff spot, while concurrently starting a rebuild/retool job.

On the other hand, rebuilding through the lottery is an option that is far from being off the table. As of today, the Raptors are in 3rd place and leading the Atlantic, 3 games ahead of Brooklyn (who has 2 games in-hand). Toronto is only 4.5 games ahead of 8th place (with 1 game in-hand, so either 4 or 5 game lead after tonight) and 5 games ahead of 9th place (Detroit), with NY & Cleveland (10th & 11th) seemingly improving. If Lowry is traded (even if no other moves are made), the team could easily take a huge step backward this season, quite possibly right out of the playoffs. Once in the lottery, who knows what could happen.

At this point, I expect Lowry to be kept and the Raptors to push for the 3rd spot. However, I'm still quite intrigued to see what MU might do between now and the trade deadline. The only thing I am certain about, is that as of today, the rest of this season is quite uncertain... until the trade deadline passes.
      yeah im not really sure where your tanking rant came from but hey man i agree
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• i'm just saying i think Lowry gets traded
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          yeah im not really sure where your tanking rant came from but hey man i agree
          haha sorry about that, it came from reading related comments in the 'Lowry to Knicks part 2' thread, which said that trading Lowry would result in a wasted season

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            I'm waiting until the trade deadline, to get direction from MU. I still think it would have been a good strategy for this season, if initiated from the outset. Plus, the text in my avatar was proven true - no need to wait and see with that group, since it was awful with Gay and better only after a significant trade. I've been happy watching the youngsters develop and to see this team playing like a team, for the first time in a long time.
            There is still the possibility the Raps get the benefits of a tank with the benefits of a strong season.

I would not be surprised to see DeRozan dealt in a similar fashion to Jrue Holiday and Lowry to the Lakers via sign and trade for Nash/pick just makes too much sense.

Time will tell but a strong season certainly lets Ujiri negotiate from a position of indifference versus a position of desperation. In other words, he won't be selling assets for nickels and dimes on the dollar.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              I like 2Pat as well, but we don't have a shortage nor have we had trouble signing quality back up's. It's signing quality starters and ones with potential to be above average that we struggle with.
              And I Amir. 2P is young and with the qualities I mentioned imo will be a Shane Battier clone for years to come. This guy was "the man" at Kentucky before Calipari came in and got his one-and-done team building started. PP subjugated his game and kept the young hotshots (incl Cousins ) glued to win a championship. Pity he is a bit of a tweener but its his intangibles which are special. And he fell into our laps. I understand our needs for star power but what is being discussed here (the GS players) have not yet achieved this and ostensibly being let go for "bench help". All I am saying is use someone else in this deal if it happens.

Comment

• If there is one GM that can eat his cake (winning season and making the playoffs) and have it too (rebuild through lottery), it's MU. For all we know he could just be show casing the talent we have through the season and making fans happy with wins, then trade everyone he wants to in order to get into the draft lottery. There's no point trying to figure him out.

Comment

• John (Canada) [via mobile]

Will Kyle Lowry be a Raptor past the trade deadline?

Chad Ford
                  (1:08 PM)

I'd be surprised. They've been aggressive looking for the right deal for him.
                  http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ider-chad-ford

Ford is really, really adamant on this topic. Hasn't changed his tune one bit since training camp.

Comment

• mike, prague wrote: View Post
                    Lowry for Thompson and Barnes ???

http://www.jobsnhire.com/articles/85...ors-rumors.htm
                    (not sure how trustworthy this is)

Would you do this? I mean talent-wise you can't ask for anything more than this, but would it work chemistry-wise? Do we want Vazquez to be our PG in the playoffs with Stone backing him up? Definitely would be interesting though.
                    I would seriously consider trading Lowry for one of Thompson or Barnes. But Lowry for Thompson AND Barnes?? in a HEARTBEAT.

Just like the Knicks offer though. Not gonna happen.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      i'm just saying i think Lowry gets traded
                      Chad Ford agrees with you:

John (Canada) [via mobile]

Will Kyle Lowry be a Raptor past the trade deadline?

Chad Ford
                      (1:08 PM)

I'd be surprised. They've been aggressive looking for the right deal for him.
                      It seems like there are people who view a Kyle Lowry trade in very black-and-white terms. I can't understand the hard stance that some are taking, that they just wouldn't trade Lowry at this point in the season. Granted, Lowry has been pivotal to the Raptors currently sitting third in the East...but I don't think we can judge a trade until we know what is coming back.

If Ujiri trades Lowry for Felton, Peace, and a 2018 first...I would be disappointed. But, if Ujiri can extract greater assets from a team (or teams) in a Lowry trade, I have no issue with it. Ujiri has shown that he wants to have a good idea of what is available to him in the summer...and Lowry is a huge question mark at the moment.
                      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• i dunno the way i see it is if Lowry does get dealt the odds are we'll still make the playoffs, which in itself is a strong season. as in, remember the last time we were in the playoffs? me too, faintly.

add to it all what you get back from lowry, the cap space we'll have from the gay trade, our first all star since bosh and the continued improvement of Ross and JV and this is a season we'll look back on, fondly.

does anyone actually care what happens in the playoffs? honestly? there's really no difference between losing in the first or second round and the team as constructed WITH lowry is a second round team at best.

the warlord MU and Leweike aren't fucking with playoffs. they want hardware.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          There is still the possibility the Raps get the benefits of a tank with the benefits of a strong season.

I would not be surprised to see DeRozan dealt in a similar fashion to Jrue Holiday and Lowry to the Lakers via sign and trade for Nash/pick just makes too much sense.

Time will tell but a strong season certainly lets Ujiri negotiate from a position of indifference versus a position of desperation. In other words, he won't be selling assets for nickels and dimes on the dollar.
                          I've thought about this as well. DeRozan would give them an opportunity to bring in a young All-Star, who is a hometown boy. Easily could be sold to fans, and allows them to try and remain competitive rather than adding a young unknown. I wonder how he would fit beside Kobe though?

Either way, I would jump on this type of trade. If DeMar could be turned into a top 6 pick somehow...wow!
                          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• I would really like to see a lot of activity leading up to and during the deadline, but I expect it will be like many years where there are so many rumours but very little fails to happen. Lowry isn't being traded to NYK now, I mean, why would NYK even make that deal? It made more sense before, but NYK hasn't really progressed and acquiring Lowry might mean playoffs, but little else. Plus, he's expiring, and expensive in terms of what TO wants, so why would any team take that chance? I just don't see any team giving up decent assets for a potential rental. Same with Monroe, I'm betting he stays put until the offseason, but his chances are greater considering he is a RFA.

I'm hoping for a blockbuster deal or two, cause it's always fun to see teams shake things up a bit, but I think it's more likely that we will see small moves. Teams may try and clear some cap space, and maybe a contender or wannabe contender makes a move to fill a hole on the bench, but I don't predict an exciting trade deadline.

Comment

• I'd like to see all hell break loose at the trade deadline
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• if MU is actively looking to trade lowry, that means he must know something that we don't, like lowry not re-signing. hate to see us let him walk without any return.

Comment

Working...
                                X