Trade Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    No one is untouchable for the right price but realistically Raps will not get offer for DD that they is what raptors fans' and management feel he is worth. Then again if Phoenix offered three first rounders for DD you never know.
    I don't think you get the right price before the trade deadline - for DD or whoever.

After the trade deadline, asking price might go down or offers might come up.... who knows?

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Sorry I can't edit on the mobile site and I can't access the desktop site from mobile.

What I was going to ask is, how are teams with cap space at the Raps' mercy when it comes to Lowry? Don't we have little to no leverage whatsoever this summer?
      Only leverage Toronto will have is ability to offer a 5th year and 7.5 vs 4.5 raises.

If Raps aren't offering that 5th year (btw, I wouldn't) or Raps offer $8M and another team is offering $9.5M.....

Lowry is going to be top PG available in a year with a lot of cap space among teams.

Comment

Moore states that 'NBA.com reports that ... the Raptors ... are certain ... they're not going to shell out for him (Lowry) in the summer.' Really, this is not at all what the original article is saying, which is David Aldridge speculating that the Raptors don't want to give him a big contract (a reasonable speculation, I'm sure they'd love to get him for $8 million a season). But Aldridge does not say at any point that the Raptors will not give him a significant contract if that's what the market dictates. I think it's likely that both the Raptors and Lowry are willing to see what the market dictates for his services, and then go from there, which is essentially what I got from Aldridge's piece. No idea how Moore makes the leaps he does from it.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Only leverage Toronto will have is ability to offer a 5th year and 7.5 vs 4.5 raises.

If Raps aren't offering that 5th year (btw, I wouldn't) or Raps offer $8M and another team is offering $9.5M.....

Lowry is going to be top PG available in a year with a lot of cap space among teams.
          So we are at the mercy of other teams, right?

Comment

The only teams I can see that could and would make Lowry an offer in the $9M range are us, LAL, and Orlando. LA still has to pay Nash at PG and Orlando will have to at least partially pay Jameer Nelson, so even those two teams aren't perfect fits like we are. There's a decent chance both LA and Orlando take a PG in the 1st round, so I'd say it will most likely be us and one more suitor. I feel pretty confident we'll be able to resign Lowry for around $8-9M per year. I just don't think the market for him will be that great, and I think Masai can convince him to stay.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              So we are at the mercy of other teams, right?
              Sorry, raps are at mercy of teams below and leverage with teams above salary cap

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Sorry, raps are at mercy of teams below and leverage with teams above salary cap
                Don't forget that Lowry is also at the mercy of the market. Not a lot of teams with cap space and looking for a starting PG.

Looking at who's got space, I think it's safe to scratch off teams like Philly (MCW), Dallas (Jose & Ellis), Suns (Bledose & Dragic), Utah (Burke and rebuilding), and it's unlikely that teams are going to ditch their younger PGs for Lowry (teams like Charlotte - Walker, Cleveland - Irving).

I put the list of suitors for Lowry as follows:
                Lakers - even if they draft Exum, they may want to bring in a vet although Exum wants to start from day 1
                Orlando - depending on who they draft and how quickly they want to rebuild. Already have a nice core and Lowry would make them better
                Detroit - cause who knows what's going on there

Then the S&T option of New York. That's a total of 4 teams plus the Raps. I'd put the Lakers interest at 50/50 depending on the draft. Even Orlando, and Detroit are unknown interest. That leaves the Knicks and Raps as the only "for sure" interested teams.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I've heard some Brandon Bass rumours.. I think he'd be better to have off the bench by Hayes, actually has a nice outside game, and nice touch.

Comment

Not a rumour, but any thoughts on a Lowry for Isaah Thomas swap? Lowry is hands down the better player, but Thomas is pretty good already, younger and cheaper as well.

Comment

I think Orlando gets Embiid with their pick and Ennis with the 12th (if he's there). That's a great lineup for a rebuild. And hopefully no need for Lowry then
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        Not a rumour, but any thoughts on a Lowry for Isaah Thomas swap? Lowry is hands down the better player, but Thomas is pretty good already, younger and cheaper as well.
                        Not sure if that would work per the CBA unless other parts are included. IF gay opts out, then it might be possible to do it as a S&T while Gay's deal is off the books.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                          I think Orlando gets Embiid with their pick and Ennis with the 12th (if he's there). That's a great lineup for a rebuild. And hopefully no need for Lowry then
                          I don't think so, they already have Vucevic who is highly rated. I've always heard they were more looking PG or PF.

Comment

Trade Rumours

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                            I don't think so, they already have Vucevic who is highly rated. I've always heard they were more looking PG or PF.
                            And what're they gonna do with Harris?
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                              I think Orlando goes BPA. They'd probably love to have with Parker/Randle or Exum/Smart. If they draft Randle, then signing KL would make them a very dangerous team.

Comment

Ujiri should be thinking long term but considering the good play-off possibility, it's highly unlikely he'll change much. For a good return the only starter who could be moved is Amir IMO. PP and Salmons are almost sure to stay for the remainder of the season, so Gravis could be the major bench player to be moved.

So to package the others in Novak, Hayes etc along with Amir or Gravis will be difficult 'cause neither Amir nor Gravis are exactly 'earth shattering' players.

I'm pretty sure a couple of changes will be made but nothing major.
                                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X