Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors should make Patterson their full time starter at the 4 spot

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors should make Patterson their full time starter at the 4 spot

That's my opinion. Thoughts?

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorsForever's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cant be quick to judge after 1 game but yeah, his efficiency is incredible.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we can get a legitimate sixth man wing I approve. Patterson is literally the Raptor Bench. (Trade Amir)

4. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    That's my opinion. Thoughts?
    PP had good game tonight but let's see how things go. Certainly if Amir cannot go he is a good choice. Hansbrough was pretty good in limited minutes.

Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He played well, but Im a bit concerned with the offensive boards while he is on the floor. He made some tough shots, and I am so happy he is in a dino jersey, but Im still somewhat worried about teams out-rebounding us.

To his credit, he guarded Davis rather well tonight, and also put a lot of pressure on him whilst getting Davis in foul trouble.
    My conclusion would be that we should give Patterson the starting job some more, and see what happens. Amir is a great leader for oursecond unit, and is a team player who won't have any qualms with coming off of the bench.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    He played well, but Im a bit concerned with the offensive boards while he is on the floor. He made some tough shots, and I am so happy he is in a dino jersey, but Im still somewhat worried about teams out-rebounding us.

To his credit, he guarded Davis rather well tonight, and also put a lot of pressure on him whilst getting Davis in foul trouble.
    My conclusion would be that we should give Patterson the starting job some more, and see what happens. Amir is a great leader for oursecond unit, and is a team player who won't have any qualms with coming off of the bench.
    patman actually gets slightly more offensive rebounds than amir does (3.0 per 36 for amir vs 3.1 per 36 for pat).

overall though, i dont think its a good move. we finally had a decent start, but without his scoring punch in the second unit, it all went to hell.

Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    patman actually gets slightly more offensive rebounds than amir does (3.0 per 36 for amir vs 3.1 per 36 for pat).

overall though, i dont think its a good move. we finally had a decent start, but without his scoring punch in the second unit, it all went to hell.
    Yeah his scoring punch off of the bench has been so crucial to the success the Raptors have had in the past 2 months. For now, I guess Amir will have to do, but I would still like to see an upgrade at the 4 spot either this season or in the summer.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan

9. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We need him in the second unit because they cannot score at all ( seen tonight), He can be the fulltime starter if we trade for some scorers to come off the bench for us because a lineup of TH,Vasquez,Novak,Hayes,Salmons is not going to score enough
    Masai treats the Knicks like they are his personal farm team system, where he can cultivate assets for the future. It's not right or fair, but he's THE WARLORD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    We need him in the second unit because they cannot score at all ( seen tonight), He can be the fulltime starter if we trade for some scorers to come off the bench for us because a lineup of TH,Vasquez,Novak,Hayes,Salmons is not going to score enough
    salmons has started dropping off a lot from his hot streak in january.

feb
    30% FG
    33% from 3.

jan
    42% FG
    45% from 3.
    Last edited by iblastoff; Mon Feb 10th, 2014 at 10:48 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets see how Amir does when he gets back. If he goes back to being Amir, then, we can play around with it.

If not, then I say, since his value is still high, ship him out.

Salmons is as good as gone before next season. The fact that he's only guaranteed a small amount will come into play later on when taxes are about to roll out.

But yes, we need a scoring punch off the bench. Somebody who can give us a bit of a punch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    salmons has started dropping off a lot from his hot streak in january.

feb
    30% FG
    33% from 3.

jan
    42% FG
    45% from 3.
    It's what salmons does

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    It's what salmons does
    of course, to be fair it's been a small sample size in feb so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This guy is so good, such a good team player. But yeh, the bench was woeful tonight. I still say start Hansbrough.

Post Thanks / Like

We have to see how the team D looks for a couple games before making a decision like that. He did good on D tonight, but that's just one game. Give him a couple games playing with the first unit and defending the other team's starter the majority of the time, and then see what Amir looks like coming back from injury, before you can make that call.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it could work. It was bad today because of the bench drop off but I think a lot of that had to do with Casey playing Hayes way too much tonight and there being no Amir. If you had Amir and Tyler coming off the bench it might not be as bad. Vasquez and Amir might actually be pretty good in the pick and roll. And Tyler can draw fouls and be used in the post. Both Vasquez and Salmons can pass so Tyler and Amir might get more touches and both of them are efficient so that would be a good thing.

18. Like Beagle, charlesnba23 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Id rather have Tyler start and Patterson come off the bench as the sixth man. We need his production from the bench more then we need it in the starting lineup.

20. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

relying on amir and tyler for scoring in the second lineup would not work. they would offer no spacing whatsoever.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Only way this works is if the bench unit can play to a scoreless draw every time they take the floor. With Vasquez at the point, that seems unlikely.

Patterson could eventually be the starter (next season?) but with this current group, he need's to be on the 2nd unit.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are way too quick to forget the impact Amir brings when healthy. His team defence is what makes us a top defensive team. You haven't noticed our defence slipping of late?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

24. Like JohnnyBoy liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors should make Patterson their full time starter at the 4 spot

Right now, Patterson should be part of the distant future of this team, whether it be starting or off the bench. But like it's been said above, need a couple more games of this to analyze before I make a decision.

I'd definitely be okay with Amir as the main backup big, but I think another piece would have to be added for the bench to be solidified.

Defense is a huge part of this decision, for sure.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information