Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors should make Patterson their full time starter at the 4 spot

That's my opinion. Thoughts?

Cant be quick to judge after 1 game but yeah, his efficiency is incredible.

Comment

If we can get a legitimate sixth man wing I approve. Patterson is literally the Raptor Bench. (Trade Amir)

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        That's my opinion. Thoughts?
        PP had good game tonight but let's see how things go. Certainly if Amir cannot go he is a good choice. Hansbrough was pretty good in limited minutes.

Comment

He played well, but Im a bit concerned with the offensive boards while he is on the floor. He made some tough shots, and I am so happy he is in a dino jersey, but Im still somewhat worried about teams out-rebounding us.

To his credit, he guarded Davis rather well tonight, and also put a lot of pressure on him whilst getting Davis in foul trouble.
          My conclusion would be that we should give Patterson the starting job some more, and see what happens. Amir is a great leader for oursecond unit, and is a team player who won't have any qualms with coming off of the bench.
          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
            He played well, but Im a bit concerned with the offensive boards while he is on the floor. He made some tough shots, and I am so happy he is in a dino jersey, but Im still somewhat worried about teams out-rebounding us.

To his credit, he guarded Davis rather well tonight, and also put a lot of pressure on him whilst getting Davis in foul trouble.
            My conclusion would be that we should give Patterson the starting job some more, and see what happens. Amir is a great leader for oursecond unit, and is a team player who won't have any qualms with coming off of the bench.
            patman actually gets slightly more offensive rebounds than amir does (3.0 per 36 for amir vs 3.1 per 36 for pat).

overall though, i dont think its a good move. we finally had a decent start, but without his scoring punch in the second unit, it all went to hell.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              patman actually gets slightly more offensive rebounds than amir does (3.0 per 36 for amir vs 3.1 per 36 for pat).

overall though, i dont think its a good move. we finally had a decent start, but without his scoring punch in the second unit, it all went to hell.
              Yeah his scoring punch off of the bench has been so crucial to the success the Raptors have had in the past 2 months. For now, I guess Amir will have to do, but I would still like to see an upgrade at the 4 spot either this season or in the summer.
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

We need him in the second unit because they cannot score at all ( seen tonight), He can be the fulltime starter if we trade for some scorers to come off the bench for us because a lineup of TH,Vasquez,Novak,Hayes,Salmons is not going to score enough
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                  We need him in the second unit because they cannot score at all ( seen tonight), He can be the fulltime starter if we trade for some scorers to come off the bench for us because a lineup of TH,Vasquez,Novak,Hayes,Salmons is not going to score enough
                  salmons has started dropping off a lot from his hot streak in january.

feb
                  30% FG
                  33% from 3.

jan
                  42% FG
                  45% from 3.
                  Last edited by iblastoff; Mon Feb 10, 2014, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Lets see how Amir does when he gets back. If he goes back to being Amir, then, we can play around with it.

If not, then I say, since his value is still high, ship him out.

Salmons is as good as gone before next season. The fact that he's only guaranteed a small amount will come into play later on when taxes are about to roll out.

But yes, we need a scoring punch off the bench. Somebody who can give us a bit of a punch.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      salmons has started dropping off a lot from his hot streak in january.

feb
                      30% FG
                      33% from 3.

jan
                      42% FG
                      45% from 3.
                      It's what salmons does
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        It's what salmons does
                        of course, to be fair it's been a small sample size in feb so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

This guy is so good, such a good team player. But yeh, the bench was woeful tonight. I still say start Hansbrough.

Comment

We have to see how the team D looks for a couple games before making a decision like that. He did good on D tonight, but that's just one game. Give him a couple games playing with the first unit and defending the other team's starter the majority of the time, and then see what Amir looks like coming back from injury, before you can make that call.
                            @Boymusic66

Comment

I think it could work. It was bad today because of the bench drop off but I think a lot of that had to do with Casey playing Hayes way too much tonight and there being no Amir. If you had Amir and Tyler coming off the bench it might not be as bad. Vasquez and Amir might actually be pretty good in the pick and roll. And Tyler can draw fouls and be used in the post. Both Vasquez and Salmons can pass so Tyler and Amir might get more touches and both of them are efficient so that would be a good thing.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                              X