Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Game #52: Atlanta Hawks 83 - Toronto Raptors 104

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Novak with the strip! Dude is working his ass off on D tonight.
    He does work.

However I would like to know the team rebounding rates when he is on the floor. I feel like we get murdered on the glass whenever Casey plays Novak (since he plays him at the 4...)

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously weird game.... Really ugly first quarter, and Gustavo Ayon looked like an all-world Center there for a good part of the game but to win by 20 is nice. DeRozan played a great offensive game, far more in control.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

ugly first half, DeMar, with a little help from his friends, put any Atlanta hopes to bed efficiently in the second half. Great way to head off for the break, and looking very well positioned (relative schedules and all) to finish in that 3rd spot. Would be nice if Atlanta finished in 6th

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote salmon wrote: View Post
    ugly first half, DeMar, with a little help from his friends, put any Atlanta hopes to bed efficiently in the second half. Great way to head off for the break, and looking very well positioned (relative schedules and all) to finish in that 3rd spot. Would be nice if Atlanta finished in 6th
    I wish. I think Atlanta's gonna keep slipping in the standings. I'm scared the Raps will be matched up with Chicago, who always seem to get past the first round regardless of who's hurt

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote wallz wrote: View Post
    I wish. I think Atlanta's gonna keep slipping in the standings. I'm scared the Raps will be matched up with Chicago, who always seem to get past the first round regardless of who's hurt
    Chicago is a tough team, but you have to wonder if they can keep playing their "starters" for such long minutes. They are riding guys like DJ Augustin for heavy minutes. Hard to think they'd hold up for a series.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    He does work.

However I would like to know the team rebounding rates when he is on the floor. I feel like we get murdered on the glass whenever Casey plays Novak (since he plays him at the 4...)
    Yeah, that's why I was getting so amped watching him play yesterday because he was really scrappy out there last night. Not something I expect from him on a regular basis, but nice to see.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey told JV needs a mental rest.

Let's hope couple days in Mexico will be good for him.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    He does work.

Novak on court: 24.9 ORB%; 74.8 DRB%
    Novak off court: 28.3 ORB%; 75.2 DRB%

So a bit of a cut into our offensive rebounding, but not much in way of impact defensively. Also note that without him we are well above average, and with him we only reduce to an average rebounding team.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote wallz wrote: View Post
    I'd rather play Chicago than Brooklyn in first round.

10. Like BigCamB liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Novak on court: 24.9 ORB%; 74.8 DRB%
    Novak off court: 28.3 ORB%; 75.2 DRB%

So a bit of a cut into our offensive rebounding, but not much in way of impact defensively. Also note that without him we are well above average, and with him we only reduce to an average rebounding team.
    Interesting...I feel like the gap should be bigger than that from what I see. Maybe its just something I look for and it sticks out because of it. Guess Chuck Hayes is a beast

I would still like to see Novak play the three though. Haven't seen this line up yet this season....

Lowry/Ross/Novak/Hansborough/Val

I think could be an interesting line-up, just run PnR with Lowry/Val with some wicked spacing and have TH crashing the O-Boards. Simple way to end the first quarter with early subs for DD/Patt so they can enter earlier into the second and help carry the second unit. (Vasquez/DD/Salmons/Patt/Hayes)

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah. Not too worried about the other teams below us. I think we can beat them all in a 7 game series. Chicago probably is the toughest of the bunch because they're battle tested. But i still like our chances against them.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread Information