Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 101

Thread: I can't support this team anymore

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default I can't support this team anymore

    I don't even want to waste the energy to make an elaborate post explaining

    1. lowry's impending free agency, looks like we are going to overpay or let him walk for nothing, plus money that must be thrown at jv and ross next year preventing us from having the capspace to sign impact players

    2. mediocre talent. No way to improve through draft, derozan extremely overrated, 1 dimensional. Not a likely chance superstar will be willing to come here based on history of franchises ability to attract talent. Trading for a talented player? Unlikely.

    3.unproven GM masai. All he has shown is that he can get rid of lost causes and get a decent return (melo,bargnani,gay), there is nothing to indicate he can build a contener.

    Basically what I'm saying is I don't see this ending well, and it is extremely frustrating, it's been a blast later guys.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Where are you going to go? We're the only game in town!

  3. Like Blacklash2k4, connected liked this post
  4. #3
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,087
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    I don't even want to waste the energy to make an elaborate post explaining

    1. lowry's impending free agency, looks like we are going to overpay or let him walk for nothing, plus money that must be thrown at jv and ross next year preventing us from having the capspace to sign impact players

    2. mediocre talent. No way to improve through draft, derozan extremely overrated, 1 dimensional. Not a likely chance superstar will be willing to come here based on history of franchises ability to attract talent. Trading for a talented player? Unlikely.

    3.unproven GM masai. All he has shown is that he can get rid of lost causes and get a decent return (melo,bargnani,gay), there is nothing to indicate he can build a contener.

    Basically what I'm saying is I don't see this ending well, and it is extremely frustrating, it's been a blast later guys.
    Step back from the edge!

    I have been enjoying decent ball (when it is played, sadly? happily? Raps can play bad and still win) and not wanting to take away from the here and now.

    However I feel the need to throw this at you - and just you, lol - to get you off that ledge: do you think DeRozan is the Raptors Jrue Holiday? (Flashback: Sixers traded Holiday for #6 2013 pick (Noel) and top-5 protected 2014).

    In other words, do you think DeRozan a team/management/ownership tired of drafting year after year with wheels stuck in mud might look at their pick and maybe next years as a means to get a 'young', 'all-star' on a 'reasonable contract' that to go with their already young roster? I look at Charlotte, Minnesota, and Cleveland as definite possibilities among likely lottery teams (well, Cats have Pistons' pick and could have their own if they finish top 10 or below).

    I know you stated DeRozan is overrated but there were those (especially stat geeks) who said the same about Holiday.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  5. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    akashsingh, it's your choice sir

    At least we ain't sixers.. just sayin.



    I was up for tanking, but seeing our team winning.. it's just amazing.

  6. Like 92TillInfinity liked this post
  7. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,923
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Alright man. have fun with the Heat.

  8. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    930
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    1. I'll wait until it happens before reacting. We might get him on a reasonable contract, we might sign-and-trade him, we might sign him for more than we'd like, then trade him midway through next season (as MU did with Nene). We should have loads of cap space in 2015 summer even accounting for the raises to Ross and JV.

    2. Lots of draft prospects in our range will be able to improve the team in the short term, or the draft pick could be traded for an instant upgrade. DeRozan's trade value has never been higher, and he's on a value contract.

    3. Sure, and building a contender is hard work that requires a bit of luck. Some GMs lucked their way to building a contender (possibly Demars, whose moves over the last few years suggest he isn't that great a GM), and others make decent moves overall but can't get up to true contender status (Atlanta). Lack of experience is never reason to discount a GM's chances of building a contender... the only thing to discount a GM is a history of bad decisions, which Ujiri hasn't shown.

    I can respect that there's a time when fans need to take some time off. I'm sort of taking time off from the NHL team I cheer for right now, because the on-ice product is unwatchable many nights. But the actual quality of ball that the Raptors are playing is enough to make me watch through this year (though there are still quarters that make me wince like vince). I have no delusions (I think) about the Raptors odds: chances are they don't win a championship, regardless of the moves they do or do not make this year. If you were coming into this season thinking that they would make moves that would signal their ascension into the elite, those were probably unrealistic expectations. I think the Raptors have modestly improved their chances of becoming a contender, with the moves they've made and the growth that players have shown (both as potential championship pieces as well as potential trade pieces).
    tank-agnostic

  9. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Where are you going to go? We're the only game in town!


    good luck man
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  10. Like Nilanka, Akkerman, Bendit, Letter N liked this post
  11. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    I don't even want to waste the energy to make an elaborate post explaining

    1. lowry's impending free agency, looks like we are going to overpay or let him walk for nothing, plus money that must be thrown at jv and ross next year preventing us from having the capspace to sign impact players

    2. mediocre talent. No way to improve through draft, derozan extremely overrated, 1 dimensional. Not a likely chance superstar will be willing to come here based on history of franchises ability to attract talent. Trading for a talented player? Unlikely.

    3.unproven GM masai. All he has shown is that he can get rid of lost causes and get a decent return (melo,bargnani,gay), there is nothing to indicate he can build a contener.

    Basically what I'm saying is I don't see this ending well, and it is extremely frustrating, it's been a blast later guys.
    Well, I have found your negativity irritating and overblown.

    Raptors are currently ranked 12th in the league. Never would have believed that was possible, even last June.
    Masai has shown an ability to find nuggets in the draft and has three first round picks in the next two years, as well as financial flexibility.

    Bye bye. Oh...close that door behind you.

  12. Like Sig, NoPropsneeded, JawsGT liked this post
  13. #9
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  14. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    hahahahaha

    He has a point though.... I'm the only one allowed to be that negative!!!!


    hahaha

  15. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  16. Like RNsteve, RandomGuy liked this post
  17. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post


    good luck man
    Starting at $15???

    Teams like that should just charge $15, sit wherever the hell you want.

  18. Like Nilanka liked this post
  19. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,632
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well nobody is forcing you to cheer for this team haha

  20. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,428
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  21. #15
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    I don't even want to waste the energy to make an elaborate post explaining

    1. lowry's impending free agency, looks like we are going to overpay or let him walk for nothing, plus money that must be thrown at jv and ross next year preventing us from having the capspace to sign impact players

    2. mediocre talent. No way to improve through draft, derozan extremely overrated, 1 dimensional. Not a likely chance superstar will be willing to come here based on history of franchises ability to attract talent. Trading for a talented player? Unlikely.

    3.unproven GM masai. All he has shown is that he can get rid of lost causes and get a decent return (melo,bargnani,gay), there is nothing to indicate he can build a contener.

    Basically what I'm saying is I don't see this ending well, and it is extremely frustrating, it's been a blast later guys.
    Nobody is forcing you to cheer for this team man. Talk about drama. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  22. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
  23. #16
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    692
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So long! I personally won't miss you at all. I guess the fact that we're currently a 3rd seed in the east and also that Demar is an all-star really hurts.... lol. Real fans would be happy or at least content.

    Bye bye

  24. Like lilmamba_, TRex liked this post
  25. #17
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Starting at $15???

    Teams like that should just charge $15, sit wherever the hell you want.
    Agreed.

    Courtside is 65 bucks.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  26. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    2. mediocre talent. No way to improve through draft, derozan extremely overrated, 1 dimensional. Not a likely chance superstar will be willing to come here based on history of franchises ability to attract talent. Trading for a talented player? Unlikely.

  27. Like 92TillInfinity liked this post
  28. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,522
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A face only a mother could love.

  29. #20
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    good riddance. this place doesn't need any more whiny crybabies. you're welcome for bumping your thread up to satiate your attention-seeking self.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •