Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: I can't support this team anymore

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote sig wrote: View Post
    i love how big of an attention whore you are that you had to let everyone know like we give a shit, man people like you excessively piss me off.

Hey don't forget to make a facebook status about it later... Fuck outta here
    #boom

2. Like Uncle_Si liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I thought there would be an actual reason here, like some dastardly thing the team did. The number one reason was the uncertainty of a pending free agent? I stopped reading.

Again, don't let the door hit you, loser. We don't want you.

Real fans show loyalty. Real fans stick with their team when times are low, and that's what makes it so rewarding when it does turn around, you can say "I was there! Thru it all! I watched the aaron williams raptors, the aaron gray raptors. I watched "the guy" go from bosh to bargnani to rudy gay, and I'm still here!" "Sunny days wouldn't be special, if it wasn't for rain!"

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I betcha there is a song in there somewhere

Post Thanks / Like

Finally, akashsingh starts a thread that I've actually enjoyed reading... And he's leaving!? I guess it's fitting you would leave now, because it makes no sense.

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    I've got a girlfriend and play a lot of sports. The raptors success still ways heavy on my mood and I quite like it. I just have realistic expectations.
    Ditto. Haha, "if you get mad at raptors losses or happy at wins you're single and have no hobbies"
    These boards today are littered with idiots.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I betcha there is a song in there somewhere

8. Like MixxAOR, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's ease up on the name calling guys.

But seriously akash .. did you think guys wouldn't call your drama-queen bluff?
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    That made me laugh.... like out loud.... for real.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    I don't even want to waste the energy to make an elaborate post explaining

1. lowry's impending free agency, looks like we are going to overpay or let him walk for nothing, plus money that must be thrown at jv and ross next year preventing us from having the capspace to sign impact players

2. mediocre talent. No way to improve through draft, derozan extremely overrated, 1 dimensional. Not a likely chance superstar will be willing to come here based on history of franchises ability to attract talent. Trading for a talented player? Unlikely.

3.unproven GM masai. All he has shown is that he can get rid of lost causes and get a decent return (melo,bargnani,gay), there is nothing to indicate he can build a contener.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't see this ending well, and it is extremely frustrating, it's been a blast later guys.
    It sounds like you need a deep playoff run to bring you back to the fold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Well, I have found your negativity irritating and overblown.

Raptors are currently ranked 12th in the league. Never would have believed that was possible, even last June.
    Masai has shown an ability to find nuggets in the draft and has three first round picks in the next two years, as well as financial flexibility.

Bye bye. Oh...close that door behind you.
    Ouch.

Post Thanks / Like

I suspect most of the negativity on this thread can be overcome by winning in the playoffs. A decade of mostly losing sours some but come on--we may have the best TEAM in the history if our franchise.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys all missed the most obvious person to compare him to that insults the most... cmon guys

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Let's ease up on the name calling guys.

But seriously akash .. did you think guys wouldn't call your drama-queen bluff?
    Sadly, I think he got what he wanted. 4 pages and running

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    I don't even want to waste the energy to make an elaborate post explaining

1. lowry's impending free agency, looks like we are going to overpay or let him walk for nothing, plus money that must be thrown at jv and ross next year preventing us from having the capspace to sign impact players

2. mediocre talent. No way to improve through draft, derozan extremely overrated, 1 dimensional. Not a likely chance superstar will be willing to come here based on history of franchises ability to attract talent. Trading for a talented player? Unlikely.

3.unproven GM masai. All he has shown is that he can get rid of lost causes and get a decent return (melo,bargnani,gay), there is nothing to indicate he can build a contener.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't see this ending well, and it is extremely frustrating, it's been a blast later guys.
    This honestly disgusts me *puke* buh bye you can go party with LeBron and lets see if he lets you into the locker room

the way how you start chaos and then just run off with out even defending your self , I swear this is just disgusting, it's not even funny, I'm trying not be rude but honestly if your gonna come back......Don't
    Ain't no body missin you.....
    jump on some other bandwagon try the nets and we'll see how you come runnin back to us in April
    Quote japetas wrote: View Post

According to this chart by RealGM, we are in quite good position There are no reason to leave a team because of speculations where the team will be after couple of seasons. That's why NBA franchises have GM's who can trade assets to improve situation
    this is so damn sick *props* great find
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

17. Like salmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Step back from the edge!

I have been enjoying decent ball (when it is played, sadly? happily? Raps can play bad and still win) and not wanting to take away from the here and now.

However I feel the need to throw this at you - and just you, lol - to get you off that ledge: do you think DeRozan is the Raptors Jrue Holiday? (Flashback: Sixers traded Holiday for #6 2013 pick (Noel) and top-5 protected 2014).

In other words, do you think DeRozan a team/management/ownership tired of drafting year after year with wheels stuck in mud might look at their pick and maybe next years as a means to get a 'young', 'all-star' on a 'reasonable contract' that to go with their already young roster? I look at Charlotte, Minnesota, and Cleveland as definite possibilities among likely lottery teams (well, Cats have Pistons' pick and could have their own if they finish top 10 or below).

I know you stated DeRozan is overrated but there were those (especially stat geeks) who said the same about Holiday.
    The only problem with this analogy, is that the 76'ers traded Jrue for draft picks. If they trade Demar for an established young player, you might not fetch as much as DD's on that $9 million dollar deal, which is reasonable but might not be enough to get a young star in return and probably will not be able to get a young up and comer on his rookie deal due to salary mismatches.

If they trade him for picks like what 76ers did with Jrue then why were you trying at all this year to compete? You should have bottomed out as soon as possible if that was the goal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    This honestly disgusts me *puke* buh bye you can go party with LeBron and lets see if he lets you into the locker room

the way how you start chaos and then just run off with out even defending your self , I swear this is just disgusting, it's not even funny, I'm trying not be rude but honestly if your gonna come back......Don't
    Ain't no body missin you.....
    jump on some other bandwagon try the nets and we'll see how you come runnin back to us in April
    Boom. Akash gets told off by a teenage Girl.

Stay golden Mamba!
    In Masai we Trust.

20. Like isaacthompson, lilmamba_ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    1. I'll wait until it happens before reacting. We might get him on a reasonable contract, we might sign-and-trade him, we might sign him for more than we'd like, then trade him midway through next season (as MU did with Nene). We should have loads of cap space in 2015 summer even accounting for the raises to Ross and JV.

2. Lots of draft prospects in our range will be able to improve the team in the short term, or the draft pick could be traded for an instant upgrade. DeRozan's trade value has never been higher, and he's on a value contract.

3. Sure, and building a contender is hard work that requires a bit of luck. Some GMs lucked their way to building a contender (possibly Demars, whose moves over the last few years suggest he isn't that great a GM), and others make decent moves overall but can't get up to true contender status (Atlanta). Lack of experience is never reason to discount a GM's chances of building a contender... the only thing to discount a GM is a history of bad decisions, which Ujiri hasn't shown.

I can respect that there's a time when fans need to take some time off. I'm sort of taking time off from the NHL team I cheer for right now, because the on-ice product is unwatchable many nights. But the actual quality of ball that the Raptors are playing is enough to make me watch through this year (though there are still quarters that make me wince like vince). I have no delusions (I think) about the Raptors odds: chances are they don't win a championship, regardless of the moves they do or do not make this year. If you were coming into this season thinking that they would make moves that would signal their ascension into the elite, those were probably unrealistic expectations. I think the Raptors have modestly improved their chances of becoming a contender, with the moves they've made and the growth that players have shown (both as potential championship pieces as well as potential trade pieces).
    Javale McGee/Nene trade and then JM resigned.

That in hindsight was a bad deal.

Post Thanks / Like

This is funny what's happening in here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Nobody is forcing you to cheer for this team man. Talk about drama. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Why if someone questions the direction of the team is it suggested they leave and cheer for another team?

Fans of a team don't have to be all love and adoration, especially if they think the team is moving in the wrong direction.

The team play has improved but they have accomplished absolutely nothing at this point and many fans were saying the exact same things in 2007.

If a fan has a difference of opinion it's one thing but to suggest he shouldn't be a fan of the team because of it is offensive and irrational.

I have serious misgivings about this team as currently constructed and am concerned they are going to get locked into a team that has a 2nd round ceiling at the very best and none of you can tell me to cheer for another team as I've been a fan since inception, which could very well be a lot longer than many of you talking that "don't let the door hit you on the way out" nonsense.

24. Like mcHAPPY, CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys don't you see what's happened here ... for good or for worse, akash has brought us all together!
    We finally ALL agree on something!
    In Masai we Trust.

26. Like stooley, Dr. James Naismith liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information