Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: I can't support this team anymore

Post Thanks / Like

Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    I have serious misgivings about this team as currently constructed and am concerned they are going to get locked into a team that has a 2nd round ceiling at the very best and none of you can tell me to cheer for another team as I've been a fan since inception, which could very well be a lot longer than many of you talking that "don't let the door hit you on the way out" nonsense.
    Difference being, you're not saying "you can't support this team anymore".
    You're saying the exact opposite as I understand it; "none of you can tell me to cheer for another team as I've been a fan since inception".

Totally different tune than akash.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So Akash, you planning to stay in the Division or you movin' out west?
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSchool wrote: View Post
    The team is finally over 500, playoff bound and finally have a squad that gels well on the court and this dudes frustrated as hell, talking about ditching the team for good?!?

Peace. Be gone.
    And what will you say next year if they fall back into the lottery next year?They are only a few games over .500 in one of the weakest conferences in modern day sports but all fans should jump up and cheer and not be critical, just because?lol

You'd think after the BC debacle most of you guys would be a little bit cautionary and actually try and look down the road at the bigger picture here. Even if you don't it's all good, but you can't knock other fans for having different opinions than yours, even if you don't like it.

Raptors Republic Starter 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why if someone questions the direction of the team is it suggested they leave and cheer for another team?

Fans of a team don't have to be all love and adoration, especially if they think the team is moving in the wrong direction.

The team play has improved but they have accomplished absolutely nothing at this point and many fans were saying the exact same things in 2007.

If a fan has a difference of opinion it's one thing but to suggest he shouldn't be a fan of the team because of it is offensive and irrational.

I have serious misgivings about this team as currently constructed and am concerned they are going to get locked into a team that has a 2nd round ceiling at the very best and none of you can tell me to cheer for another team as I've been a fan since inception, which could very well be a lot longer than many of you talking that "don't let the door hit you on the way out" nonsense.
    Did you read his original post? HE said he was leaving.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post

...as if the 'west' is the Raptors' penalty box or something...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

...as if the 'west' is the Raptors' penalty box or something...
    It's close...
    Last edited by lilmamba_; Wed Feb 12th, 2014 at 05:25 PM.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

7. Like Axel, CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Did you read his original post? HE said he was leaving.
    lol, though I disagree with much of his view of the state of the team, that's what makes his ranting so humourous/entertaining. he needed to vent again I guess.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't be surprised to see Akash take his talent to South Beach LOL! Most Heat fans are bandwagoners.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    good riddance. this place doesn't need any more whiny crybabies. you're welcome for bumping your thread up to satiate your attention-seeking self.
    The only problem with this analogy, is that the 76'ers traded Jrue for draft picks. If they trade Demar for an established young player, you might not fetch as much as DD's on that $9 million dollar deal, which is reasonable but might not be enough to get a young star in return and probably will not be able to get a young up and comer on his rookie deal due to salary mismatches.

If they trade him for picks like what 76ers did with Jrue then why were you trying at all this year to compete? You should have bottomed out as soon as possible if that was the goal.
    True.

I personally think it was attempted.

Unfortunately they started winning and you have to play hand dealt.

Maybe Lowry and DD return two high picks this year on draft night/July 1st, another next year, and 2015 draft is the one Raps aim to be high in.

I don't know of course, just throwing it out there.

Possibilities are endless.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is hilarious. I understand the frustration that the OP has but I don't think the team is stuck in the middle.. not yet anyway. Perhaps there was a lost opportunity (still an avid tanker at heart) but this team still has lots of potential to become a legit contender.

To address each of the OP's points:

Lowry's contract status is unknown of course. But say he does not return.. is that really that bad? He is still a 27 year old PG that had one outstanding year.. will he repeat what he did in a non-contract year? Is he going to be good in say 3 years when JV hits his prime and the Raptors are really ready to contend? I don't think MU will overpay to keep him (and that's the speculation in one of the rumours I've seen). I do think Lowry and his agent will play fair, and MU will be able to give him a good contract. Big test for sure but until its done you can't really react to a perceived outcome this early.

The team does not have superstars on the roster.. but it can get one (even if they don't draft one). They have pieces. We have seen it happen in the past where a team's superstar wants to leave. Bosh did it. Carmelo did it. James did it. DWilliams did it, etc.. Toronto has the pieces to capitalize if a situation like that opens up. Just be flexible and have your ears opened to the ground. TL/MU want to build a winner, and I believe they will. The worse contracts on the books are Fields and Hayes and both are expiring next year. JV/Ross don't get their extension until 2016 (not after next year).. and by then they may not even be on the roster.

As for MU being unproven.. well so what? He's not Bryan Colangelo or Rob Babcock. That's really all that's important. He is a young guy with lots of energy and has a background in scouting. He's made some nice sweet deals already and there is an opportunity for him to build a good team especially when he has a guy like Lieweke leading the charge.

12. Like Mapko liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My sources tell me he recently joined a Miami Heat forum.

And a Pacers forum.

And a Thunder one.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

14. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stuck in the middle...........*smh*

If you were a Hawks fan and they went to the 2nd round 6 years in a row and lost you can get pissed about not being good enough to win it all. If you're a Raps fan you should be happy that you might make the playoffs.

You walk before you run.

Edit: It won't let me do the start time thing if I embed, just jump to 28 seconds in.
    Last edited by Letter N; Wed Feb 12th, 2014 at 08:03 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    I don't even want to waste the energy to make an elaborate post explaining

1. lowry's impending free agency, looks like we are going to overpay or let him walk for nothing, plus money that must be thrown at jv and ross next year preventing us from having the capspace to sign impact players

2. mediocre talent. No way to improve through draft, derozan extremely overrated, 1 dimensional. Not a likely chance superstar will be willing to come here based on history of franchises ability to attract talent. Trading for a talented player? Unlikely.

3.unproven GM masai. All he has shown is that he can get rid of lost causes and get a decent return (melo,bargnani,gay), there is nothing to indicate he can build a contener.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't see this ending well, and it is extremely frustrating, it's been a blast later guys.
    So you stick with them when they're garbage and over paying for guys like Fields, and now when things are looking up you're splitting? Sounds like some serious attention-whoring.

17. Like iblastoff, Mack North liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    My sources tell me he recently joined a Miami Heat forum.

And a Pacers forum.

And a Thunder one.
    And the Trailblazers forum

And the Warriors one

And I'm guessing he'll be visiting the Hawks forum quite a few times this season

and then he'll come runnin back to us
    under the user name: LeBronDidn'tLetMeIn
    Last edited by lilmamba_; Wed Feb 12th, 2014 at 08:38 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This honestly disgusts me *puke* buh bye you can go party with LeBron and lets see if he lets you into the locker room

the way how you start chaos and then just run off with out even defending your self , I swear this is just disgusting, it's not even funny, I'm trying not be rude but honestly if your gonna come back......Don't
    Ain't no body missin you.....
    jump on some other bandwagon try the nets and we'll see how you come runnin back to us in April

this is so damn sick *props* great find
    Mamba"2real". But you realize you bashed him and gave him props in the same post?
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Mamba"2real". But you realize you bashed him and gave him props in the same post?
    props were for the other guy looool

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

props were for the other guy looool
    From what you quoted, he WAS the other guy. (At least that how it looks on my phone)
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    So you stick with them when they're garbage and over paying for guys like Fields, and now when things are looking up you're splitting? Sounds like some serious attention-whoring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    I've got a girlfriend and play a lot of sports. The raptors success still ways heavy on my mood and I quite like it. I just have realistic expectations.
    Last edited by LBF; Wed Feb 12th, 2014 at 09:33 PM.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

24. Like stooley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    From what you quoted, he WAS the other guy. (At least that how it looks on my phone)
    I've noticed this actually.. if you have multiple quotes in a reply, Tapatalk doesn't like that. Lol
    In Masai we Trust.

Thread Information