X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't support this team anymore

I don't even want to waste the energy to make an elaborate post explaining

1. lowry's impending free agency, looks like we are going to overpay or let him walk for nothing, plus money that must be thrown at jv and ross next year preventing us from having the capspace to sign impact players

2. mediocre talent. No way to improve through draft, derozan extremely overrated, 1 dimensional. Not a likely chance superstar will be willing to come here based on history of franchises ability to attract talent. Trading for a talented player? Unlikely.

3.unproven GM masai. All he has shown is that he can get rid of lost causes and get a decent return (melo,bargnani,gay), there is nothing to indicate he can build a contener.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't see this ending well, and it is extremely frustrating, it's been a blast later guys.

Where are you going to go? We're the only game in town!

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post

1. lowry's impending free agency, looks like we are going to overpay or let him walk for nothing, plus money that must be thrown at jv and ross next year preventing us from having the capspace to sign impact players

2. mediocre talent. No way to improve through draft, derozan extremely overrated, 1 dimensional. Not a likely chance superstar will be willing to come here based on history of franchises ability to attract talent. Trading for a talented player? Unlikely.

3.unproven GM masai. All he has shown is that he can get rid of lost causes and get a decent return (melo,bargnani,gay), there is nothing to indicate he can build a contener.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't see this ending well, and it is extremely frustrating, it's been a blast later guys.
      Step back from the edge!

I have been enjoying decent ball (when it is played, sadly? happily? Raps can play bad and still win) and not wanting to take away from the here and now.

However I feel the need to throw this at you - and just you, lol - to get you off that ledge: do you think DeRozan is the Raptors Jrue Holiday? (Flashback: Sixers traded Holiday for #6 2013 pick (Noel) and top-5 protected 2014).

In other words, do you think DeRozan a team/management/ownership tired of drafting year after year with wheels stuck in mud might look at their pick and maybe next years as a means to get a 'young', 'all-star' on a 'reasonable contract' that to go with their already young roster? I look at Charlotte, Minnesota, and Cleveland as definite possibilities among likely lottery teams (well, Cats have Pistons' pick and could have their own if they finish top 10 or below).

I know you stated DeRozan is overrated but there were those (especially stat geeks) who said the same about Holiday.

Comment

akashsingh, it's your choice sir

At least we ain't sixers.. just sayin.

I was up for tanking, but seeing our team winning.. it's just amazing.

Comment

Alright man. have fun with the Heat.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

1. I'll wait until it happens before reacting. We might get him on a reasonable contract, we might sign-and-trade him, we might sign him for more than we'd like, then trade him midway through next season (as MU did with Nene). We should have loads of cap space in 2015 summer even accounting for the raises to Ross and JV.

2. Lots of draft prospects in our range will be able to improve the team in the short term, or the draft pick could be traded for an instant upgrade. DeRozan's trade value has never been higher, and he's on a value contract.

3. Sure, and building a contender is hard work that requires a bit of luck. Some GMs lucked their way to building a contender (possibly Demars, whose moves over the last few years suggest he isn't that great a GM), and others make decent moves overall but can't get up to true contender status (Atlanta). Lack of experience is never reason to discount a GM's chances of building a contender... the only thing to discount a GM is a history of bad decisions, which Ujiri hasn't shown.

I can respect that there's a time when fans need to take some time off. I'm sort of taking time off from the NHL team I cheer for right now, because the on-ice product is unwatchable many nights. But the actual quality of ball that the Raptors are playing is enough to make me watch through this year (though there are still quarters that make me wince like vince). I have no delusions (I think) about the Raptors odds: chances are they don't win a championship, regardless of the moves they do or do not make this year. If you were coming into this season thinking that they would make moves that would signal their ascension into the elite, those were probably unrealistic expectations. I think the Raptors have modestly improved their chances of becoming a contender, with the moves they've made and the growth that players have shown (both as potential championship pieces as well as potential trade pieces).

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
              Where are you going to go? We're the only game in town!

good luck man
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Well, I have found your negativity irritating and overblown.

Raptors are currently ranked 12th in the league. Never would have believed that was possible, even last June.
                Masai has shown an ability to find nuggets in the draft and has three first round picks in the next two years, as well as financial flexibility.

Bye bye. Oh...close that door behind you.

Comment

Comment

hahahahaha

He has a point though.... I'm the only one allowed to be that negative!!!!

hahaha

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post

good luck man
                        Starting at $15???

Teams like that should just charge $15, sit wherever the hell you want.

Comment

Well nobody is forcing you to cheer for this team haha
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Comment

Nobody is forcing you to cheer for this team man. Talk about drama. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X