This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sig wrote: View Post
    i love how big of an attention whore you are that you had to let everyone know like we give a shit, man people like you excessively piss me off.

Hey don't forget to make a facebook status about it later... Fuck outta here
    #boom

Comment

Wow, I thought there would be an actual reason here, like some dastardly thing the team did. The number one reason was the uncertainty of a pending free agent? I stopped reading.

Again, don't let the door hit you, loser. We don't want you.

Real fans show loyalty. Real fans stick with their team when times are low, and that's what makes it so rewarding when it does turn around, you can say "I was there! Thru it all! I watched the aaron williams raptors, the aaron gray raptors. I watched "the guy" go from bosh to bargnani to rudy gay, and I'm still here!" "Sunny days wouldn't be special, if it wasn't for rain!"
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I betcha there is a song in there somewhere

Comment

Finally, akashsingh starts a thread that I've actually enjoyed reading... And he's leaving!? I guess it's fitting you would leave now, because it makes no sense.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
            I've got a girlfriend and play a lot of sports. The raptors success still ways heavy on my mood and I quite like it. I just have realistic expectations.
            Ditto. Haha, "if you get mad at raptors losses or happy at wins you're single and have no hobbies"
            These boards today are littered with idiots.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              I betcha there is a song in there somewhere

Comment

Let's ease up on the name calling guys.

But seriously akash .. did you think guys wouldn't call your drama-queen bluff?

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                  That made me laugh.... like out loud.... for real.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                    I don't even want to waste the energy to make an elaborate post explaining

1. lowry's impending free agency, looks like we are going to overpay or let him walk for nothing, plus money that must be thrown at jv and ross next year preventing us from having the capspace to sign impact players

2. mediocre talent. No way to improve through draft, derozan extremely overrated, 1 dimensional. Not a likely chance superstar will be willing to come here based on history of franchises ability to attract talent. Trading for a talented player? Unlikely.

3.unproven GM masai. All he has shown is that he can get rid of lost causes and get a decent return (melo,bargnani,gay), there is nothing to indicate he can build a contener.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't see this ending well, and it is extremely frustrating, it's been a blast later guys.
                    It sounds like you need a deep playoff run to bring you back to the fold.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                      Well, I have found your negativity irritating and overblown.

Raptors are currently ranked 12th in the league. Never would have believed that was possible, even last June.
                      Masai has shown an ability to find nuggets in the draft and has three first round picks in the next two years, as well as financial flexibility.

Bye bye. Oh...close that door behind you.
                      Ouch.

Comment

I suspect most of the negativity on this thread can be overcome by winning in the playoffs. A decade of mostly losing sours some but come on--we may have the best TEAM in the history if our franchise.

Comment

You guys all missed the most obvious person to compare him to that insults the most... cmon guys

@Boymusic66

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Let's ease up on the name calling guys.

But seriously akash .. did you think guys wouldn't call your drama-queen bluff?
                            Sadly, I think he got what he wanted. 4 pages and running

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                              I don't even want to waste the energy to make an elaborate post explaining

1. lowry's impending free agency, looks like we are going to overpay or let him walk for nothing, plus money that must be thrown at jv and ross next year preventing us from having the capspace to sign impact players

2. mediocre talent. No way to improve through draft, derozan extremely overrated, 1 dimensional. Not a likely chance superstar will be willing to come here based on history of franchises ability to attract talent. Trading for a talented player? Unlikely.

3.unproven GM masai. All he has shown is that he can get rid of lost causes and get a decent return (melo,bargnani,gay), there is nothing to indicate he can build a contener.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't see this ending well, and it is extremely frustrating, it's been a blast later guys.
                              This honestly disgusts me *puke* buh bye you can go party with LeBron and lets see if he lets you into the locker room

the way how you start chaos and then just run off with out even defending your self , I swear this is just disgusting, it's not even funny, I'm trying not be rude but honestly if your gonna come back......Don't
                              Ain't no body missin you.....
                              jump on some other bandwagon try the nets and we'll see how you come runnin back to us in April
                              japetas wrote: View Post

According to this chart by RealGM, we are in quite good position There are no reason to leave a team because of speculations where the team will be after couple of seasons. That's why NBA franchises have GM's who can trade assets to improve situation
                              this is so damn sick *props* great find
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Step back from the edge!

I have been enjoying decent ball (when it is played, sadly? happily? Raps can play bad and still win) and not wanting to take away from the here and now.

However I feel the need to throw this at you - and just you, lol - to get you off that ledge: do you think DeRozan is the Raptors Jrue Holiday? (Flashback: Sixers traded Holiday for #6 2013 pick (Noel) and top-5 protected 2014).

In other words, do you think DeRozan a team/management/ownership tired of drafting year after year with wheels stuck in mud might look at their pick and maybe next years as a means to get a 'young', 'all-star' on a 'reasonable contract' that to go with their already young roster? I look at Charlotte, Minnesota, and Cleveland as definite possibilities among likely lottery teams (well, Cats have Pistons' pick and could have their own if they finish top 10 or below).

I know you stated DeRozan is overrated but there were those (especially stat geeks) who said the same about Holiday.
                                The only problem with this analogy, is that the 76'ers traded Jrue for draft picks. If they trade Demar for an established young player, you might not fetch as much as DD's on that $9 million dollar deal, which is reasonable but might not be enough to get a young star in return and probably will not be able to get a young up and comer on his rookie deal due to salary mismatches.

If they trade him for picks like what 76ers did with Jrue then why were you trying at all this year to compete? You should have bottomed out as soon as possible if that was the goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X