No announcement yet.

Lowry to the Knicks again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just out of curiosity is here any deal you could fathom in order to let Lowry go at this stage that involves the Knicks...they literally have nothing I want
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
      The real funny part about this though is that Dolan didn't do the trade originally since he didn't want to be laughed at by being fleeced by Ujiri again, and he's being laughed at now because he didn't make the deal.
      Dolan can't win.

Comment

Lowry for THJ, Shump & the 2018 1st rounder, then we sign Kyle as a free agent next year.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          just out of curiosity is here any deal you could fathom in order to let Lowry go at this stage that involves the Knicks...they literally have nothing I want
          Lowry for Hardaway Jr., Prigioni, Udrih, Knicks 2018, 2020, 2022, 2024 1st round picks, Sacto's 2014 2nd rounder, NY's 2018, 2019, 2020 2nd rounders

Or something along those lines

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Lowry for Hardaway Jr., Prigioni, Udrih, Knicks 2018, 2020, 2022, 2024 1st round picks, Sacto's 2014 2nd rounder, NY's 2018, 2019, 2020 2nd rounders

Or something along those lines
            That's the first scenario that has even slightly interested me so far. Perhaps they could add another 1st rounder?

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
              That's the first scenario that has even slightly interested me so far. Perhaps they could add another 1st rounder?
              It might work out for NY too.

If they make such a bad trade, owners may just rally together to have Dolan pushed out of the league.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                3 Team deal perhaps? Tim Hardaway Jr. has to be on the table though, if they are in 'win now' mode.

Comment

A trade that I'd be content with us trading LOWRY(MVP) to the knickerbockers is:
                  Tim Hardaway jr, 2018 1st, Udrih, Shump for
                  Lowry, Fields
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Lowry for THJ, Shump, Udrih and their 2018 first-rounder would be a pretty damn good return for Lowry. Lowry for THJ, Shump, Udrih and the 2018 and 2020 first rounders would be kind of insane.

Comment

ballsohard8 wrote: View Post
                      http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-In-Kyle-Lowry

What do you guys think about this? We're on pace to lock up the atlantic, do you think Masai will do his best Mr. Burns impersonation and rob the knicks again, or will he resign Lowry?
                      I say we keep him. Sorry knicks! Offer expired, hes playing the best basketball of his career. Wonder whats going through Dolan's head.
                      What does Mr. Burns have to do with robbing?
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

knicks have zero assets

THJ maybe?

the only conceivable thing i can think of is if we somehow move a guy like fields AND novak along with lowry and get nothing but THJ, expirings and picks
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Lowry is not being traded. If he does the season is lost. No way MU takes that chance.

Comment

LOL they could have had him already ... Now, they have to pay more!
                            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

At this point in the season, it doesn't make sense to trade Lowry. We probably still make the playoffs without him, finishing at least 10th. IF you could make a secret deal with Lowry to resign him at a decent price in the off season, than it could work out as you are basically renting him out for 1/4 of a season in return for assets (cap relief, draft picks). But that seems like an likely scenario.

Plus, if we do trade Lowry, I'd rather not send him to the Knicks. Yes it's a business, but the guy has been stellar for us and I'd hate to send him into that clusterf*ck.
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

The deal with the Knicks as they seem to want to buy retail and sell wholesale would be good if we have another move in the works. If you could get them to cough up Tim Hardaway Jr. (a TROSS compareable), a first pick, and Shumpert you might be able to then pass the one of the Knicks first rounder's we have (2016 or 2018) or even one of ours and Tim Hardaway jr to the Pistons for Greg Monroe.

Detroit is thinking about moving Monroe and can use a floor spacer wing like Ross or Hardaway right now on a cheap deal They also get a future 1st. We still wind up short a quality PG but if you could turn the Lowry expiring into Monroe that would be larceny.
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 12, 2014, 12:34 PM.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X