Lowry to the Knicks again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I'm fine with opposition if it has some rational thought attached to it.

I'm not fine with some monstrously stupid person thinking he's right about everything when he doesn't even understand the basic rules of the league. And then he brings cojones into it? You're the ball-less fuck who never makes any kind of reasonable argument and relies on chestpounding, shouting and debasement. You're just a fucking wanna be bully with two stale turds for a brain. You think you're so fucking high and mighty that you never need to understand or justify anything. Then you get banned for being a prick (because we all know you're pooka), and come back just so you can keep being a prick. Go fuck yourself. Go get a life.

Sorry mods, but seriously, this guy is the worst poster in the history of RR. He's nothing but offensive and never provides any substance to any discussion, always instead looking to start arguments, not have discussions.
    Yet, somehow I've managed to stay within forum rules boundries a whole lot better than this veteran forum mouth. Some brave hero behind that keyboard.

Look pal, I gave my impressions of the topic of discussion, without resorting to this childish name calling hissy fit, though based on what I saw of Matt52's buffoon rant in the DeMar thread, it would seem you two get a pass from the mods on that crap. In any case, I gave my impressions and opinions on the subject. Get over my not complying with whatever nebulous standards you have for "discussion", and get over yourself. You type a lot, and sometimes make great points, but other times speak out of the wrong hole, like now. Eat your own, pal.

Edit: PS. "Go get a life". That's precious coming from a guy that's on here posting 10-30 essays a day, most of which could be copied and pasted from previous essays, if he kept a few days of them. That's quite a life you got, but I'll pass.
    Last edited by salmon; Mon Feb 17, 2014, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• I've been busy with work for the last couple weeks, so I don't have a clue what's going on now here at the forums now. I suggest everyone use the "ignore" feature and move on. Please and thank you.

Comment

• Two notes:

1.:

2.: Tom Haberstroh at ESPN Insider suggests:

New York Knicks receive: Kyle Lowry and Dwight Buycks

Toronto Raptors receive: Tim Hardaway Jr., Raymond Felton, Cole Aldrich and a 2018 lottery-protected first-round pick

Why I want to see it: Let's just get this over with, shall we? The Knicks are an absolute mess at point guard, and Lowry would garner instant cult status in New York with his gutsy flair and bulldog intensity on both ends of the floor. The Knicks won't want to part with two long-term assets, but if you're going to acquire the East's best point guard right now, you're going to have to pay up.

Yes, the Knicks will risk losing Lowry to free agency over the summer, but there are two reasons why they shouldn't be worried on that front. One, the Knicks play in New York, which is a pretty big deal. Two, they'd own his Bird rights, which is gold for a capped-out team like the Knicks.

The Knicks can't dream of bringing in a talent like Lowry on the open market unless they possess the precious Bird rights that allow teams over the cap to re-sign their own free agents. Lowry, who boasts a 20.1 PER, is both younger and better than Felton has ever been, especially on the defensive end, where Felton unfurls a red carpet to the rim. Adding Lowry could make the Knicks the third-best team in the East, even if that's a mostly cosmetic achievement.

The deal would add to Masai Ujiri's stockpile of Knicks draft picks while giving the Raptors an exciting young player in Hardaway. The Raptors already own the Knicks' 2016 first-rounder and the team's 2017 second-rounder from last summer's Andrea Bargnani trade, so it's easy to see why Jim Dolan would be reluctant to send yet another pick over the border. However, tacking lottery protection to the pick would ease some of their concerns in the event the Knicks don't turn it around soon.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
          I've been busy with work for the last couple weeks, so I don't have a clue what's going on now here at the forums now. I suggest everyone use the "ignore" feature and move on. Please and thank you.
          Not trying to be rude or anything but you mods need to start moderating some of these posters on RR. I never usually get into a heated discussions with others because I don't have time to argue for no rhyme or reason. This angry post that "White Men Can't Jump" posted is how me and some others feel towards some of our fellow RR posters, anytime we decide to share our input we have other members constantly attacking our views without no evidence to support what their eluding to and then the name calling ensues then the whole thread becomes a me vs you battle not a place to post and discuss about the Toronto Raptors! Anyways that's all
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Interesting

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...wry?src=mobile
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• WOW!
              Lowry to Knicks
              Jeff Teague and 1st round pick to Raptors
              Shumpert to Hawks

If they make it a 2014 1st it take that if MU knows they cannot retain Lowry

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                Not trying to be rude or anything but you mods need to start moderating some of these posters on RR. I never usually get into a heated discussions with others because I don't have time to argue for no rhyme or reason. This angry post that "White Men Can't Jump" posted is how me and some others feel towards some of our fellow RR posters, anytime we decide to share our input we have other members constantly attacking our views without no evidence to support what their eluding to and then the name calling ensues then the whole thread becomes a me vs you battle not a place to post and discuss about the Toronto Raptors! Anyways that's all
                Since that's not what happened here, not that "evidence" is needed to support opinion (I gave my reasoning at each stage of this foolishness though), and your pal "White Men Can't Jump" is the one that started anything that could be called "attacking", and continues to, your point is misguided, at best.

Comment

• salmon wrote: View Post
                  Since that's not what happened here, not that "evidence" is needed to support opinion (I gave my reasoning at each stage of this foolishness though), and your pal "White Men Can't Jump" is the one that started anything that could be called "attacking", and continues to, your point is misguided, at best.
                  You see this is the problem! you think your never wrong in anything you say here on RR! You think you know more then anyone here like your some higher power or something hahaah im not going to sit here and try to explain myself to an irrational person

Comment

WOW!
                    Lowry to Knicks
                    Shumpert to Hawks

Dont think that is happening on the face of it.. Atlanta isnt giving up Teague and a 1st for Shumpert. These NY guys are desperate and floating all kinds of scenarios thru their reporter buds. The 1st coming back s/b unprotected imo plus Hardaway...bare minimum...the price has gone up for an allstar with Bird rights for a capped out desperate team wanting to retain Melo.

Comment

You see this is the problem! you think your never wrong in anything you say here on RR! You think you know more then anyone here like your some higher power or something hahaah im not going to sit here and try to explain myself to an irrational person
                      Just put him on your ignore list. If everyone does it, he'll just be ranting and raving to nobody.

Comment

WOW!
                        Lowry to Knicks
                        Shumpert to Hawks

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Dont think that is happening on the face of it.. Atlanta isnt giving up Teague and a 1st for Shumpert. These NY guys are desperate and floating all kinds of scenarios thru their reporter buds. The 1st coming back s/b unprotected imo plus Hardaway...bare minimum...the price has gone up for an allstar with Bird rights for a capped out desperate team wanting to retain Melo.
                        Yeah, I also don't see how that happens for Atlanta. There would have to be something more for them to consider the deal. Although I also think Atlanta may finally be dropping down after the Horford injury, and realize that at best they're a lower playoff team if they can really keep their shit together for the rest of the season.

Also I feel like Teague is a pretty underrated PG. So yeah, Atlanta definitely needs another asset or two in this deal for things to make sense (which is kind of necessary anyway for salary purposes).

Comment

Yeah, I also don't see how that happens for Atlanta. There would have to be something more for them to consider the deal. Although I also think Atlanta may finally be dropping down after the Horford injury, and realize that at best they're a lower playoff team if they can really keep their shit together for the rest of the season.

Also I feel like Teague is a pretty underrated PG. So yeah, Atlanta definitely needs another asset or two in this deal for things to make sense (which is kind of necessary anyway for salary purposes).
                          Yeah Atlanta would need some more assest. But the hawks GM was reported to saying that hes not a fan of teague anymore because he gave him this nice contract in the off season and he never made the jump they thought would happen

Comment

ummm, you think it's a "problem" that I express opinions that I think I'm right on? Since you seem to be a master at expressing opinions you're wrong on, help me out then: how does one come up with opinions that they think they're wrong on, and why would they want to express them?

Since you're so interested in poking into this topic, perhaps you can help me on another front: You and others like using this "like your some higher power" whine. I don't feel anything of the kind, nor do I feel I express it. I give opinions that are contrary to others that are given. I believe in those opinions at the time I offer them. So does everybody else. What's your problem?

Comment

• Guys, PM one another please to discuss further. I'm getting bored. This is beyond ridiculous now.

Comment

Just put him on your ignore list. If everyone does it, he'll just be ranting and raving to nobody.
                                lol, the infantile name calling didn't accomplish anything, so now he wants to lead a movement. Ain't you a hero.

Comment

Working...
                                X