Lowry to the Knicks again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    Yeah Atlanta would need some more assest. But the hawks GM was reported to saying that hes not a fan of teague anymore because he gave him this nice contract in the off season and he never made the jump they thought would happen
    I don't know what jump they expected. He's not having a bad season, and he's not making elite money. He's making $8M per year, which is probably about right for where he sits in the pecking order for PGs.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
      Guys, PM one another please to discuss further. I'm getting bored. This is beyond ridiculous now.
      I didn't "attack" anybody, so please talk to those doing so in this direction. The end.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I don't know what jump they expected. He's not having a bad season, and he's not making elite money. He's making $8M per year, which is probably about right for where he sits in the pecking order for PGs.
        How about this...

Toronto Gets: Hardaway + NETS 2014 First Round Pick + Hawks 2014 First Round Pick

Atlanta Gets: Kyle Lowry + Iman Shumpert

New York Gets: Jeff Teague
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I kinda like what's going on. The Raps will either keep Lowry and make a solid playoff run, or sell him for the remainder of the season for a very high price. Good stuff Masai

Comment

The last couple of times I saw Teague he seemed somewhat passive as opposed to last year (contract year?) or is it missing Horford. He is certainly talented though but if these guys just turn off the switch after the contract this is problematic to say the least. Wish Lowry was on that contract

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              The last couple of times I saw Teague he seemed somewhat passive as opposed to last year (contract year?) or is it missing Horford. He is certainly talented though but if these guys just turn off the switch after the contract this is problematic to say the least. Wish Lowry was on that contract
              Hahaha...yeah to that last part for sure

I don't know. It could be the toll of playing without Horford, and being generally undermanned for much of the year. Could be because of teh coaching change having some kind of effect. Hard to say.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                Dont think that is happening on the face of it.. Atlanta isnt giving up Teague and a 1st for Shumpert. These NY guys are desperate and floating all kinds of scenarios thru their reporter buds. The 1st coming back s/b unprotected imo plus Hardaway...bare minimum...the price has gone up for an allstar with Bird rights for a capped out desperate team wanting to retain Melo.
                Atlanta didn't draft Schroeder to keep Teague
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Also I feel like Teague is a pretty underrated PG. So yeah, Atlanta definitely needs another asset or two in this deal for things to make sense (which is kind of necessary anyway for salary purposes).
                  I think Teague is an underrated PG too, but all season long it's been the same song: Atlanta wasn't happy about re-signing him and wants to move him if they can because they think they're overpaying him at $8m per for four years. Never underestimate the power of existent bias.

Comment

• The Knicks are offering packages including Iman Shumpert, Raymond Felton and Beno Udrih, sources say. They have been reluctant to include sharp-shooting rookie Tim Hardaway Jr. or a future first-round draft pick in any deal. One of those two pieces are believed to be a prerequisite for Toronto to consider giving up Lowry.

"It comes down to, can they talk themselves into getting rid of a first-rounder or Hardaway Jr. for Lowry," one league source said.

Recent reports have stated the Raptors in fact are no longer willing to deal Lowry, content to see how the rest of the season plays out. Lowry has been one of Toronto's best players, and dealing him would send a bad message to the fanbase.

One scenario to keep an eye on here, though, is the possibilty of a three-team deal also involving the Hawks and point guard Jeff Teague. Atlanta has all of its first-round picks in the next four drafts and could conceivably send one to Toronto to satisfy the Raptors' demand for a future draft pick.

League sources say a scenario in which Teague ends up in Toronto, Shumpert goes to Atlanta and Lowry winds up in New York has been discussed. Another scenario could have Teague ending up in New York. The conversations are believed to be preliminary and have not reached an advanced stage

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...espnapi_public

New wrinkles to old debates.

Comment

• Shit.

Missed this.

Don't know how that could have happened.

Comment

• What's Teagues contract situation if he ends up in TO? I always liked him

Comment

• wallz wrote: View Post
                          What's Teagues contract situation if he ends up in TO? I always liked him
                          3 years at $8M per year remaining.

What has to be remembered is his contract was matched by Atlanta (offered by Milwaukee). Therefore he can't be traded without his consent until one year later which is July 13th.

Comment

• wallz wrote: View Post
                            What's Teagues contract situation if he ends up in TO? I always liked him

What has to be remembered is his contract was matched by Atlanta (offered by Milwaukee). Therefore he can't be traded without his consent until one year later which is July 13th.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Who wouldn't wanna play in T.O! 3rd place baby

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                Atlanta didn't draft Schroeder to keep Teague
                                I am missing some of your thoughts here. I can understand on some level giving up Teague for Shumpert....but to throw in a 1st as well? If you agree I think you overvalue the Shump. imo Schroeder is not ready to take over unless Atlanta wants to tank the season with that deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X