Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Lowry to the Knicks again?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    The last couple of times I saw Teague he seemed somewhat passive as opposed to last year (contract year?) or is it missing Horford. He is certainly talented though but if these guys just turn off the switch after the contract this is problematic to say the least. Wish Lowry was on that contract
    Hahaha...yeah to that last part for sure

I don't know. It could be the toll of playing without Horford, and being generally undermanned for much of the year. Could be because of teh coaching change having some kind of effect. Hard to say.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont think that is happening on the face of it.. Atlanta isnt giving up Teague and a 1st for Shumpert. These NY guys are desperate and floating all kinds of scenarios thru their reporter buds. The 1st coming back s/b unprotected imo plus Hardaway...bare minimum...the price has gone up for an allstar with Bird rights for a capped out desperate team wanting to retain Melo.
    Atlanta didn't draft Schroeder to keep Teague
    @jerboat

3. Like MACK11 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Also I feel like Teague is a pretty underrated PG. So yeah, Atlanta definitely needs another asset or two in this deal for things to make sense (which is kind of necessary anyway for salary purposes).
    I think Teague is an underrated PG too, but all season long it's been the same song: Atlanta wasn't happy about re-signing him and wants to move him if they can because they think they're overpaying him at $8m per for four years. Never underestimate the power of existent bias.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Knicks are offering packages including Iman Shumpert, Raymond Felton and Beno Udrih, sources say. They have been reluctant to include sharp-shooting rookie Tim Hardaway Jr. or a future first-round draft pick in any deal. One of those two pieces are believed to be a prerequisite for Toronto to consider giving up Lowry.

"It comes down to, can they talk themselves into getting rid of a first-rounder or Hardaway Jr. for Lowry," one league source said.

Recent reports have stated the Raptors in fact are no longer willing to deal Lowry, content to see how the rest of the season plays out. Lowry has been one of Toronto's best players, and dealing him would send a bad message to the fanbase.

One scenario to keep an eye on here, though, is the possibilty of a three-team deal also involving the Hawks and point guard Jeff Teague. Atlanta has all of its first-round picks in the next four drafts and could conceivably send one to Toronto to satisfy the Raptors' demand for a future draft pick.

League sources say a scenario in which Teague ends up in Toronto, Shumpert goes to Atlanta and Lowry winds up in New York has been discussed. Another scenario could have Teague ending up in New York. The conversations are believed to be preliminary and have not reached an advanced stage

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...espnapi_public

New wrinkles to old debates.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Shit.

Missed this.

Don't know how that could have happened.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What's Teagues contract situation if he ends up in TO? I always liked him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote wallz wrote: View Post
    3 years at $8M per year remaining.

What has to be remembered is his contract was matched by Atlanta (offered by Milwaukee). Therefore he can't be traded without his consent until one year later which is July 13th.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote wallz wrote: View Post

What has to be remembered is his contract was matched by Atlanta (offered by Milwaukee). Therefore he can't be traded without his consent until one year later which is July 13th.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

Who wouldn't wanna play in T.O! 3rd place baby

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Atlanta didn't draft Schroeder to keep Teague
    I am missing some of your thoughts here. I can understand on some level giving up Teague for Shumpert....but to throw in a 1st as well? If you agree I think you overvalue the Shump. imo Schroeder is not ready to take over unless Atlanta wants to tank the season with that deal.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am missing some of your thoughts here. I can understand on some level giving up Teague for Shumpert....but to throw in a 1st as well? If you agree I think you overvalue the Shump. imo Schroeder is not ready to take over unless Atlanta wants to tank the season with that deal.
    Atlanta may be looking at improving their draft situation. It's tough to judge. They are undermanned and have just started struggling. Ferry may prefer jostling for the 10th pick or so rather than scraping by to get eliminated in the 1st round. Don't know. Really tough situation to judge I think.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Atlanta may be looking at improving their draft situation. It's tough to judge. They are undermanned and have just started struggling. Ferry may prefer jostling for the 10th pick or so rather than scraping by to get eliminated in the 1st round. Don't know. Really tough situation to judge I think.
    Possibly. I havent mentioned the money not matching either...which reminds me that Atlanta is not one of the richer franchises so maybe wanting to cut payroll. Anyway much spec based on musings by some NY writer!!

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno I'm just saying its clear Teague isn't in their long term plans. Depends how much they want to get out of his contract I guess.

I'm thinking if ATL do include a draft pick it'll be protected.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a feeling Ferry is looking at the Hawks situation in the east with a similar eye as Masai.

A trade with Shump coming back and trading Teague opens up another $6M in cap space for them this summer giving them enough to offer up to $14M assuming a $60M cap.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a feeling Ferry is looking at the Hawks situation in the east with a similar eye as Masai.

A trade with Shump coming back and trading Teague opens up another $6M in cap space for them this summer giving them enough to offer up to $14M assuming a $60M cap.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I dunno I'm just saying its clear Teague isn't in their long term plans. Depends how much they want to get out of his contract I guess.

I'm thinking if ATL do include a draft pick it'll be protected.
    It's just that I think Teague is a good asset to just "give away". That would be like less than 50c on the dollar (with a protected first). And Ferry thought enough of him to match an offer sheet last summer. Something smells funny....or they figure taking minimum return is trumped by a better position in the draft & cap space (as Matt above suggests). Could be.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

Is this one of those situations where if there's smoke, there's fire? Wouldn't it be in the best interest of the franchise to ride Lowry as far as he can take the team (say all the way to the 2nd round) and then just flip him via sign and trade (with increased value in mind)? I just can't see Lowry leaving in the midst of this run. Also, as the PG, he's running the team. A new guy via a Jeff Teague coming in means he's going to have to re-learn things and build chemistry. Teams just don't do that with an eye towards the playoffs.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

Playoffs aren't the goal tho
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I say we just get a pick for lowry and immediately ship that and one our own future first rounds for Rondo

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...First-Rounders

sure our floor would need some desperate spacing but with Ross and Patterson starting I think could manage with 2nd best (behind paul) passing guard in the league

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Is this one of those situations where if there's smoke, there's fire? Wouldn't it be in the best interest of the franchise to ride Lowry as far as he can take the team (say all the way to the 2nd round) and then just flip him via sign and trade (with increased value in mind)? I just can't see Lowry leaving in the midst of this run. Also, as the PG, he's running the team. A new guy via a Jeff Teague coming in means he's going to have to re-learn things and build chemistry. Teams just don't do that with an eye towards the playoffs.
    I'd agree with you.

Could be a lot of hyping with an eye to the off season too.

Masai comes off sweet and mild mannered but I guarantee you he knows and plays the game with the best of them.
    Tim Leiweke

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information