Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Lowry to the Knicks again?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote connected wrote: View Post
    I say we just get a pick for lowry and immediately ship that and one our own future first rounds for Rondo

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...First-Rounders

sure our floor would need some desperate spacing but with Ross and Patterson starting I think could manage with 2nd best (behind paul) passing guard in the league
    You think Rondo is gonna play any better than Lowry is now?

2. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Akkerman wrote: View Post
    You think Rondo is gonna play any better than Lowry is now?
    I think Lowry is going to leave - just from the articles I've read... so I would rather another year of rondo than no lowry.

and Rondo has really come back into form after his surgery -- almost back to his triple/double self

If we could convince Rondo to stick around long term I think it would go a lot further to entice a superstar to sign here *cough* durant *cough* #dreaming

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Playoffs aren't the goal tho
    If it isn't then MU should be in teardown mode. Four games above .500 and flipping Lowry for picks, assets isn't enough (to keep us from no man's land). Should include Demar as well.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    If it isn't then MU should be in teardown mode. Four games above .500 and flipping Lowry for picks, assets isn't enough (to keep us from no man's land). Should include Demar as well.
    I'm just saying any trades going forward shouldn't be with a view to make or get further in the playoffs
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

@MySportsLegion: Knicks, Raptors and Hawks have discussed a three team trade that would send Kyle Lowry to NY, Jeff Teague to TOR and Iman Shumpert to ATL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

I was a really big fan going into the 2009 draft.

@Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I'm just saying any trades going forward shouldn't be with a view to make or get further in the playoffs
    Agreed. As a matter of fact, any trades shouldn't involve giving up picks to bolster roster for playoffs. Perfectly content with as is OR an offer that MU CANNOT RESIST (ie. DD or Lowry - with an eye towards the future).
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

9. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont know enough about Teague. anyone catch a lot of Hawks games? he certainly has a favorable contract for a starting pg

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    i dont know enough about Teague. anyone catch a lot of Hawks games? he certainly has a favorable contract for a starting pg
    He's been having a bad year so far especially from deep, so if we do trade for Teague, our 3 point shooting will go down...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    @MySportsLegion: Knicks, Raptors and Hawks have discussed a three team trade that would send Kyle Lowry to NY, Jeff Teague to TOR and Iman Shumpert to ATL.
    Due to the source, I passed over this on my original pass through this discussion. I then decided that I would search through Twitter to see if I could figure out where this rumour started, or if it at least had a credible source at one point in the process. Turns out, ESPN NY has an article about this very proposal:

Recent reports have stated the Raptors are no longer willing to deal Lowry, content to see how the rest of the season plays out. Lowry has been one of Toronto's best players, and dealing him would send a bad message to the fan base.

One scenario to keep an eye on, though, is the possibility of a three-team deal involving the Hawks and point guard Jeff Teague. Atlanta has all of its first-round picks in the next four drafts and could conceivably send one to Toronto to satisfy the Raptors' demand for a draft pick.

League sources say a scenario in which Teague ends up in Toronto, Shumpert goes to Atlanta and Lowry winds up in New York has been discussed. Another scenario could have Teague ending up in New York. The conversations are believed to be preliminary.
    How would people feel about turning an expiring Lowry into Teague, and Atlanta's 2014 First? I would be pleased with a 2014 first, but can't help thinking that New York would need to bleed more to Atlanta than just Shumpert, and could need to add something for us as well. Lowry shouldn't come that cheap to them!

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...pursuing-lowry

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't want Felton - as a player or his contract.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

14. Like TRex liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    This sounds like a total Knicks rumor. They are turning Shump into Lowry?? While we downgrade at the point?

Don't think it makes us better long term either, which is what Ujiri has his focus on.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    This sounds like a total Knicks rumor. They are turning Shump into Lowry?? While we downgrade at the point?

Don't think it makes us better long term either, which is what Ujiri has his focus on.
    gotta be picks involved.. may be two.. one for taking on that contract and another for loosing lowry and the 3rd seed..

17. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw an article that was titled "The One 2014 Deadline Move Each NBA Team's Fanbase Most Wants to See Made"

The one for Toronto said:

"Receive Iman Shumpert, Tim Hardaway Jr., Raymond Felton, Toure Murry and a 2018 1st-Round Pick from the New York Knicks for Kyle Lowry and Dwight Buycks"

Any thoughts on that?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    Saw an article that was titled "The One 2014 Deadline Move Each NBA Team's Fanbase Most Wants to See Made"

"Receive Iman Shumpert, Tim Hardaway Jr., Raymond Felton, Toure Murry and a 2018 1st-Round Pick from the New York Knicks for Kyle Lowry and Dwight Buycks"

Any thoughts on that?
    Was it bleacher report?

Post Thanks / Like

Thing with bleacher report is you have to look at who actually wrote it now

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post

Any thoughts on that?
    Throw in Landry fields and it ain't bad at all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote wallz wrote: View Post
    Throw in Landry fields and it ain't bad at all

No way the Knicks would take that contract though...

Of course, they are the Knicks

Raptors Republic Starter YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I don't want to give up on Hardaway Jr. He is going to be a star in this league, and he can be an explosive 6th man for our team. If we don't go for a PF, then I think having a bench of Vasquez, Hardaway Jr, Salmons, Amir (keep Patterson in the starting lineup) and Hayes is solid. We are still deep at the forward/C spots with Hansborough, Novak, Amir, Patterson, JV, and Hayes.

Teague sounds promising, with him being a talented player on a feasible contract. He's been struggling this year, but you know what you are getting with Teague; a talented, young, explosive player with plenty of upside. Our Toronto Kings were struggling before they came to T.O., and with the mentality this team has right now, I don't see why Teague can't do the same.

By getting teague we can then focus on drafting a PF/C or SF/ focus on picking up one in free agency.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."

Demar Derozan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    Personally I don't want to give up on Hardaway Jr. He is going to be a star in this league, and he can be an explosive 6th man for our team. If we don't go for a PF, then I think having a bench of Vasquez, Hardaway Jr, Salmons, Amir (keep Patterson in the starting lineup) and Hayes is solid. We are still deep at the forward/C spots with Hansborough, Novak, Amir, Patterson, JV, and Hayes.

Teague sounds promising, with him being a talented player on a feasible contract. He's been struggling this year, but you know what you are getting with Teague; a talented, young, explosive player with plenty of upside. Our Toronto Kings were struggling before they came to T.O., and with the mentality this team has right now, I don't see why Teague can't do the same.

By getting teague we can then focus on drafting a PF/C or SF/ focus on picking up one in free agency.
    Chemistry. With 30 games to go. That would be a huge hit to a team that's striving.

@Chr1st1anL

Thread Information