• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor - NY - Den

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l35x834

Tor gets: Faried
    NY gets: Lowry, McGee
    Nugs get: Chandler, Shump

Why Toronto does this, upgrade at PF. Don't lose Lowry for nothing. MU very familiar with Faried.

Why Knicks do this: Lowry, get younger in the middle.

Why Nugs do this: Chandler is on shorter deal than McGee, Faried doesn't fit with current team. Shump is shump.
    @sweatpantsjer

Toronto can't make a Lowry deal and want to stay competitive without getting a PG back.

Udrih, Miller or Prigioni would probably have to be included.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l35x834

Tor gets: Faried
      NY gets: Lowry, McGee
      Nugs get: Chandler, Shump

Why Toronto does this, upgrade at PF. Don't lose Lowry for nothing. MU very familiar with Faried.

Why Knicks do this: Lowry, get younger in the middle.

Why Nugs do this: Chandler is on shorter deal than McGee, Faried doesn't fit with current team. Shump is shump.

I've been trying to work out a deal like this, but never thought of the McGee/Chandler swap. Very interesting addition!

I agree with WMCJ about the PG situation. My assumption would be the Denver would ask to add Miller, to make up for the additional annual salary that Chandler brings. He is also not with the team at present. Faried by himself (or along with Miller) would most likely not be enough to satisfy Ujiri in a Lowry trade. My guess is that he would still push for a 2018 pick to be included.

Most likely, NY would also require that Felton be included in the deal...which then makes financials tricky.
      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

If we did this trade, i`m guessing Amir or 2Pat get`s flipped for a better PG then miller
        @Boymusic66

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Toronto can't make a Lowry deal and want to stay competitive without getting a PG back.

Udrih, Miller or Prigioni would probably have to be included.
          None of those guys are better than Vasquez.

No one else thinks it's off we've kept 4 PGs on the roster?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I just don't see how we improve all that much here. Personally, I'd take 2Patt over Faried anyways, as Faried doesn't give you much other than energy and rebounding, and doesn't have 2Patt's offensive versatility/range or defensive competence. Plus, Faried's name value will probably artificially raise his value going into contract negotiations, and thus, would probably cost more than 2Patt to keep around, yet would fit terribly next to JV.
            If we get a great offer for Lowry, I'm not completely opposed to trading him. I would not, however, trade him just because we might not be able to resign him. Without receiving a capable PG in return, the team's recent play and improveement would all go to waste as well, as we still wouldnt get a lottery pick, yet we'd definitely get smoked in the 1st round so what's the point?
            Being a Toronto Raptors fan is like being in an abusive relationship... Every time you've reached your breaking point after years of disappointment and neglect, they do just enough to give you hope for the future... Only to let you down again.

Here's hoping 2014-2015 breaks the cycle!!! #WeTheNorth

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              None of those guys are better than Vasquez.

No one else thinks it's off we've kept 4 PGs on the roster?
              Who said they were? They're all better than Buycks or Stone though. We'd still need a backup if Vasquez moves up the pecking order.

Comment

I'd send an offer to Jordan Hill before making this trade.

Comment

Faried is not that much of an improvement... At this point, I think we should not trade Lowry.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    Faried is not that much of an improvement... At this point, I think we should not trade Lowry.
                    Im with you on that. Especially given the way Patterson has stepped up as of late. I like this core and I want to see how far they can go together this season.
                    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                      Im with you on that. Especially given the way Patterson has stepped up as of late. I like this core and I want to see how far they can go together this season.
                      Agreed. I wish we had kept Quincy Acy tho. He would have been good relief for 2pat. Brought some of that rebounding/hustle/intensity that Faried brings.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        I'd send an offer to Jordan Hill before making this trade.
                        Apparently Hill might be available. A gasol trade might be iffy now after his most recent injury and they're still looking to drop below the luxury tax line this season.
                        Being a Toronto Raptors fan is like being in an abusive relationship... Every time you've reached your breaking point after years of disappointment and neglect, they do just enough to give you hope for the future... Only to let you down again.

Here's hoping 2014-2015 breaks the cycle!!! #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                        X