What happened to the game day thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuing to use this as a make-shift game day thread

Good job by the Raptors here to start the fourth quarter. Nice defense. Good offense.

They've unsettled the Blazers here.
    nbaroundtable

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Hey guys, I stopped doing them because for the most part it was only Dave and I chatting amongst ourselves. With the game chat on the blog, it takes away from the purpose of the game threads. Not to mention the time they take for me to do.

Perhaps I'll start them again next season, but I sincerely can't be bothered right now. Sorry.
      I think we'll need to wait for more general activity in the forums before we see enough comments in a game thread to make it worthwhile.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

Bosh needs to drive on Camby. Bosh bails him out when he settles for the face up J.

Camby isn't up to much as a man-to-man defender. Make him work and you'll get some joy.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
          Continuing to use this as a make-shift game day thread

Good job by the Raptors here to start the fourth quarter. Nice defense. Good offense.

They've unsettled the Blazers here.
          Yup and in the meantime, when does Jay bring in Amir?

Comment

Raptors offense has fallen off a bit as the starters came back in during the fourth.
            nbaroundtable

Comment

Nice block by Camby on Calderon's layup attempt. Excellent job by Andre Miller in the open court to set up Batum in the corner too.

That should give Portland the game.

Brandon Roy did a very good job over the past 3-4 minutes. He took control of the game. Too much one-on-one play and not enough team play from Roy but he made enough shots to make that irrelevant.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

*sighs*

Comment

So this game puts Toronto back under .500?

Not good. Thankfully the Chicago Bulls are falling apart too due to their midseason trades + the injury to Joakim Noah. Otherwise, the Raptors postseason dreams would be in real trouble.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

This game is done. Night folks!
                    "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Oh, beautiful pass by Andre Miller out of the post up to Camby for the easy dunk.
                      nbaroundtable

Comment

Not good. Thankfully the Chicago Bulls are falling apart too due to their midseason trades + the injury to Joakim Noah. Otherwise, the Raptors postseason dreams would be in real trouble.
                        OK, not to be a "Debbie Downer" again but wouldn't you rather be a lottery pick team again then be the 8th seed and taking on the Cavs, Magic or Celts in the 1st round? Seriously, I want to win something as much as the next Raptors fan, but I'd rather go for the pick at this point unless something changes in the next couple weeks.

In all likelihood Wednesday and Friday night's will probably be losses and considering the way this team has played as of late (outside of tonight which wasn't terrible) I'm not all that confident playing the lowly Nets or Wolves either.

Comment

Yeah, the Raptors offense fell apart when the starters came back in.

Too much onus on Chris Bosh and not enough team involvement.

A lack of penetration, nobody got into the teeth of the defense, allowed Portland to stay in front of their man + limited the amount of help defense they had to play. Too easy for Portland's defense.
                          nbaroundtable

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                            OK, not to be a "Debbie Downer" again but wouldn't you rather be a lottery pick team again then be the 8th seed and taking on the Cavs, Magic or Celts in the 1st round?
                            Yes, I would rather see the Raptors pick up a lottery pick too.

Toronto needs all the opportunities they can get to add quality young talent to their roster.
                            nbaroundtable

Comment

On a forum note -- I only just discovered the "new posts" option on the top toolbar for the forums recently. It's a fantastic feature.

It makes it much easier to navigate your way around the forums. Allows one to see which threads have been recently created or recently comment on. Keeps track of which threads you've already read and highlights the others. Excellent feature.
                              nbaroundtable

Comment

On a forum note -- I only just discovered the "new posts" option on the top toolbar for the forums recently. It's a fantastic feature.

It makes it much easier to navigate your way around the forums. Allows one to see which threads have been recently created or recently comment on. Keeps track of which threads you've already read and highlights the others. Excellent feature.
                                "New Posts" rules Dave and makes the forums much easier to stay in tune with. I'm surprised most haven't discovered that tab before.

Comment

Working...
                                X