Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ilyasova wants out?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ilyasova wants out?

Ilyasova is arguably the Bucks’ best trading chip and several teams are believed to be interested in him. According to multiple sources, Ilyasova has expressed a desire to be traded, apparently having had his fill of the Bucks’ continual rebuilding project. Racine Journal-Times
    Ilyasova downplayed talk about him wanting out of Milwaukee and declined to comment on whether he or his agent, Andy Miller, had requested a trade. Ilyasova made it clear, though, the Bucks’ revolving door policy with players has irritated him. “The thing I’m upset about is each year, each season, we go through the same thing,” Ilyasova said. “Last year, we make the playoffs and now we start all over again. That’s really frustrating. Racine Journal-Times
    I mean, he "downplayed" it, but...any way to squeeze him from the Bucks?

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fields for Illyasova straight across

Otherwise price is too high, we have a ton of PFs right now

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ummm...... NO! this is such a BC move.

Raptors Republic Starter mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

depends on what we give ... Fields Hansborough and possibly a second rounder swap ... sure

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Ilyasova. I wouldn't mind having him for the right price, but 2Pat is playing so well and is cheaper.

6. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mike, prague wrote: View Post
    depends on what we give ... Fields Hansborough and possibly a second rounder swap ... sure
    And we can throw in Austin Daye if they'll be nice

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I like Ilyasova. I wouldn't mind having him for the right price, but 2Pat is playing so well and is cheaper.
    This. I'm a really big Ilyasova fan, and have been vocal about pursuing him on these forums, but that was before Patterson, who's having a great year on a cheap contract while Ilyasova's having maybe his worst year on a higher contract (that's looking bad right now cuz of his awful season). Ilyasova's a great shooter, defender and rebounder when healthy and on his game....but Patterson is doing all those things for us right now.

9. Like chch166, mcHAPPY, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see ilyasova as a contributing member on a championship team. For that reason alone I say no.

I think that's how we have to look at players. Some guys are good stats guys and might have some of the skills we like. But I think the intangible is one of the most important assets if he he plays like a champion. Hard to define but some guys have it and some don't. Now Massive, go find the guys that do.

(inspired by 'the short game' documentary on netflix)

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    I don't see ilyasova as a contributing member on a championship team. For that reason alone I say no.

I think that's how we have to look at players. Some guys are good stats guys and might have some of the skills we like. But I think the intangible is one of the most important assets if he he plays like a champion. Hard to define but some guys have it and some don't. Now Massive, go find the guys that do.

(inspired by 'the short game' documentary on netflix)
    Really? I've always thought he's got great intangibles. He's not a stats or skills guy. He does lots of positive things like playing very tough D (including little key things like drawing chargs), rebounding well, and taking mostly high % shots. Not a chucker, plays well off the ball. Can defend well enough at multiple positions. Plays his butt off every possession. I don't know exactly what you're looking for....

12. Like Fully liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrong kind of 4. Raps need to get bigger and tougher at the forward positions. The team has enough shooters.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Ilyasova could be a nice 4th or 5th best player on a good team, but the Raptors have lots of 4th or 5th best players and not enough legit all stars. Keep flexibility, focus on getting an all star.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

ANOTHER 4? sweet jesus...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

no

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Ilyasova could be a nice 4th or 5th best player on a good team, but the Raptors have lots of 4th or 5th best players and not enough legit all stars. Keep flexibility, focus on getting an all star.
    Well, if you get him cheap ( which the Masiah is very capable of ), he would make a pretty good trade chip, if we got him back to his old self ... We could do him, Lowry and our 1st rounder for a decent star ... maybe

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, on one hand I could probably talk myself into trading for him if Amir gets shipped out. He'd certainly help spread the floor and I don't think he's that much of a drop off defensively from Amir. I'm a big project pat fan but I think he's at his best off the bench.

On the other hand, that contract.

Post Thanks / Like

On the OTHER hand I'm all in for a Flying V/Ilyasova buddy cop movie

20. Like Fully liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ilyasova has an alright contract. His last year is only guaranteed for $400K. So he's essentially an expiring contract in 2016. He's had a terrible year but he is playing on a really bad team. Not sure how I feel about giving up that precious cap space in 2015 for a guy like him. Even though he could probably be had for cheap (one of the 2016 picks and Salmons) it's not the type of guy I'd want right now.

I think he'd be great next to Howard in Houston.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    This. I'm a really big Ilyasova fan, and have been vocal about pursuing him on these forums, but that was before Patterson, who's having a great year on a cheap contract while Ilyasova's having maybe his worst year on a higher contract (that's looking bad right now cuz of his awful season). Ilyasova's a great shooter, defender and rebounder when healthy and on his game....but Patterson is doing all those things for us right now.
    Ilyasova is also super inconsistent for long stretches of just about every season.

PP is 2 years younger and hopefully will be half the price for the same production - on average. Ilyasova is capable of huge games but the consistency is lacking.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

PP plays the Illyasova role better than than Illyasova.

We need a bruising back up big that can shore up our D so we arent so exposed in the post.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    PP plays the Illyasova role better than than Illyasova.

We need a bruising back up big that can shore up our D so we arent so exposed in the post.
    Taj Gibson!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information