Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The All-Star Weekend Cheering Thread- Let's go JV, T Ross, and DD!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, there's several good format change ideas here. Problem isn't the quality, it's the quantity. In terms of the actual dunks, this year was pretty damn good. There just wasn't enough of it.

And that all-white suit was fresh. Keep on Wildin Out nick!

Raptors Republic All-Star Jangles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    One last thing, Harrison Barnes should be banned from the dunk contests. That was just embarassing. And what the hell is the NBA thinking bringing Cannon back as the MC?
    Barnes was awful. What was do bad about Nick? The whole night sucked, but to me he wasn't terrible.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So this is why I usually opt out of watching the all-star festivities.. man was that brutal. I really see the dunk contest going away.. its just getting worse and worse. These missed dunks just ruin it for me.

Maybe they should have participants performing dunks on their own in their own gyms back at home.. and then they could upload all the videos to youtube or something and have the fans vote on the best dunk.

They could show the top 10 dunks at the festivities and then have a panel decide on the winner.

And Nick Cannon better not show up to Toronto in 2016.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jangles wrote: View Post
    Barnes was awful. What was do bad about Nick? The whole night sucked, but to me he wasn't terrible.

5. Like Jangles, MixxAOR liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well John Wall really saved that shitty Dunk Contest format.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't hate on Nick Cannon if you watch Kevin Hart's show...

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketb...ll-new-heights

So in this article Derozan says he would dunk in the 2016 contest if the fans want him too...
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Well John Wall really saved that shitty Dunk Contest format.
    Did he ever!!! Shades of 2000 with Vince, T-Mac and Stevie Franchise. This was the greatest Slam Dunk since freakin nothing!!! I'd rather watch J.R. Rider vs Harold Miner anyday...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Starter rapfan10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Worst all star weekend to date. Only highlights are a couple of Anthony Davis dunks and hardaway Jr. Vs. Waiters in rising stars. Bosh half court shots and the three point contest yesterday. Shame on NBA for making the all star weekend so boring. They care more about charities than the fans. Hopefully the actual all star game tonight has something in store for us.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys,

I dont typically watch the Allstar game weekend stuff, but if there are Raptor players I like to pay attention. Ross, seems to have been horrible, is this true?? reading NBA.com coverage, it seems that they prefer to continue hyping the shit out of John wall, even though come on, that reverse dunk was ok, but nothing o write home about.

So tell me, what did Ross actually do? I saw in the write up he basically took down everyone he faced, and his little between the legger was nice.... Is it just a case of same ole same ole?

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Hey guys,

I dont typically watch the Allstar game weekend stuff, but if there are Raptor players I like to pay attention. Ross, seems to have been horrible, is this true?? reading NBA.com coverage, it seems that they prefer to continue hyping the shit out of John wall, even though come on, that reverse dunk was ok, but nothing o write home about.

So tell me, what did Ross actually do? I saw in the write up he basically took down everyone he faced, and his little between the legger was nice.... Is it just a case of same ole same ole?
    Ross battle vs Lillard

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

still sucks that it took 3 attempts but ross wasn't horrible. just overall boring. either way once again i'm glad i didnt waste a saturday night watching it live and can just tune in on youtube the next day. super boring shit.

Post Thanks / Like

ok, that says it all, thanks for the vid Rocwell. You can' tmiss like that, Terrence didnt deserve to win if he was missing dunks.

Ah well.

I'm not sure why the NBA has yet to catch on, but the slam dunk contest, until it goes back to the old format, like, 1980's rules, AND the stakes are higher, AND you have the NBA's top stars competitng, will NEVER be interesting.

The crowd doesn't care.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    ok, that says it all, thanks for the vid Rocwell. You can' tmiss like that, Terrence didnt deserve to win if he was missing dunks.

Ah well.

I'm not sure why the NBA has yet to catch on, but the slam dunk contest, until it goes back to the old format, like, 1980's rules, AND the stakes are higher, AND you have the NBA's top stars competitng, will NEVER be interesting.

The crowd doesn't care.
    yah that was the other thing. there doesn't seem to be any interest from the crowd whatsoever. although that could just be the norm from a crowd where 90% of the people are probably trying to tweet/instagram/vine/facebook their reactions rather than showing it in the stands. kind of hard to cheer when you're busy trying to crop and pick a filter for a photo to post. shrug.

Post Thanks / Like

great point man. fans dont need to be involved, its dumb.

Could yo imagine the last few years, old format..... Guys like Wade, Lebron, Kobe, the kid from OKC????

Dunking for say One million bucks?

3 misses allowed per round, but misses being a HUGE factor?

what a show, no fan votes.... just respected formers players who were dunkers....

I'd watch that

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

t-mac yup

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The best part by far was Joe Johnson embarrassing himself
    the second best had to be the 90 seconds of dunking from the east's side
    the third...... " the beast of the east and the bench of the west" LOOOOOOOL

otherwise Terrence Jones did a heck of a job last year, Nick just got on my nerves, I rather have tj interrupting the events that have Nick -.-

When terrence came out with drake, I had it all wrong, I thought it was Terrences last year trophy and I had it more of a bathrobe than a boxers robe ahahahah and great to see the support from DeMar as well<3

As far as MacLemore goes I thought the Shaq-LeMore thing was a bit too far

EDIT: Chuck was sending out some real nice vibes to DeMar, Lowry, and Terrence and the rest of the team. Respect has come our way.
    Last edited by lilmamba_; Sun Feb 16th, 2014 at 11:13 AM.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    waste of a night.

That Wall dunk was pretty sick though.
    Looks like my usual decision to skip the all star "festivities" was worthwhile
    Hurry up and get back to the regular season already!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    http://www.csnwashington.com/basketb...ll-new-heights

So in this article Derozan says he would dunk in the 2016 contest if the fans want him too...
    Hell Yes!!!!!
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Post Thanks / Like

I feel bad for the west they got run over...... Real hard

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information