Our Players at the New Orleans Allstar This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Players at the New Orleans Allstar This Year

1) Jonas Valanciunas - Pretty disappointing game, got his shot blocked by Anthony Davis, seems like no one passes to him but he played ok, at least he got the start, runs alot as usual

2) Terrence Ross - Could've done better but both him and McLemore look like they are overhyped for the game beside this year's slam dunk contest was boring. Freestyle, come on, I hope it gets back to the way it was before so some of the dunkers can have a 2nd chance to redeem themselves but the John Wall's dunk was sick and wicked and nasty

3) DeMar DeRozan - 8pts
    Hey at least he did better than Chris Bosh when he was selected as a first time allstar. Keep it up DeMar, maybe one day he will be an Allstar MVP. What I Hate about this game: Players dont seem to pass to DeMar as both him and Millsap just jacking up shots after shots and DeMar need to attack the rim more, no highlights from this guy, hopefully next year but i will stop cheering him if he's not a Raptors by the end of the deadline or the offseason but decent game, at least the East won.

Once again, a meh All-star weekend. The only reason I paid attention to it a bit more was because we had 3 Raptors in it. I'm just glad its over and we can get on with our playoff push.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
        1) Jonas Valanciunas - Pretty disappointing game, got his shot blocked by Anthony Davis, seems like no one passes to him but he played ok, at least he got the start, runs alot as usual

2) Terrence Ross - Could've done better but both him and McLemore look like they are overhyped for the game beside this year's slam dunk contest was boring. Freestyle, come on, I hope it gets back to the way it was before so some of the dunkers can have a 2nd chance to redeem themselves but the John Wall's dunk was sick and wicked and nasty

3) DeMar DeRozan - 8pts
        Hey at least he did better than Chris Bosh when he was selected as a first time allstar. Keep it up DeMar, maybe one day he will be an Allstar MVP. What I Hate about this game: Players dont seem to pass to DeMar as both him and Millsap just jacking up shots after shots and DeMar need to attack the rim more, no highlights from this guy, hopefully next year but i will stop cheering him if he's not a Raptors by the end of the deadline or the offseason but decent game, at least the East won.
        WOW first time ive ever seen TENFORTHEWIN post something outside of the trade proposal section hahahha
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

By far the MOST boring all star weekend I have watched all time. The rooks and sophs s
          Didn't care. The only thing fun on all-star Saturdays most fun thing was the three point contest. All star game was so boring cause they did bit play defence WHAT SO EVER. To make it fun for the fans the players need to take the weekend more seriously or else it is never going to be 'for the fans'

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Meaningless pick up game at best. Everyone was expecting a Lebron KD 1 on 1 but Lebron chickened out, Irving stole the show, and KD did his best Rudy Gay impression.

I'm surprised how the OKC coach stuck with that lineup that failed to stop the comeback, with KD just chucking 3's. You could see everyone on the west bench was sad.

I wish they would add some stipulation to make the game more competitive, like whichever conference wins gets homecourt advantage in the finals, like MLB. Now I think I know why they didn't pick Kyle Lowry. He might have drawn at least 5 charges on that game lol. Demar played ok though although I wished he took it to the hole more agressively, no props needed.

The dunk contest format wasn't as bad although they left us fans hanging by ending it at the conference battle round. The 3 winners should have faced each other in a final battle to determine who's the best individual dunker, with the normal scoring.

Rookie/sophomore game is overrated. Drummond did get MVP, but we all know that he's JV's bitch. Unless he develops a post game, he'll just be another Tyson Chandler or Deandre Jordan.

And lastly, props to Drizzy Drake for being our Spike Lee/Jack Nicholson and proudly singing O Canada. I know he's hired, but I think this would just benefit the organization and the city's sports teams in the long run. Although I don't understand why the OVO 416 zone tickets cost $119.

Comment

The freestyle round is a lose-lose situation. Even if there's a really nice dunk, the crowd doesn't get to react because the next guy has to go five seconds later.

Example: I thought Lillard's lob between-the-legs dunk was easily the second best of the night, behind Wall's. Didn't really seem like nobody noticed though.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                The freestyle round is a lose-lose situation. Even if there's a really nice dunk, the crowd doesn't get to react because the next guy has to go five seconds later.

Example: I thought Lillard's lob between-the-legs dunk was easily the second best of the night, behind Wall's. Didn't really seem like nobody noticed though.
                I like the freestyle round idea because of how creative the players can be. But it really should just be a warmup to get the crowd into it. Or it could be the only deciding east vs west part of the contest, then individual dunking rounds afterwards to crown a champ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jv, I dont really mind about the performance he put up because nobody watched that game
                  TRoss, would forever be our dunk champ <3
                  Man, I dont give a SHIT what people say about DeMar because he made all of us hella proud
                  so, I considered this all-star break a success

How 'bout we all get back to the rest of the season.
                  http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?search=d...an&show=292856
                  ^^^^ (video) Demar after the game
                  What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                  The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                  No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

The new dunk contest format sucked soooooooo bad, players only got one individual dunk
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Im just happy that the Raptors and its players are receiving some positive press for once.
                      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Working...
                      X