CNN: The 9 Year Old Basketball Prodigy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNN: The 9 Year Old Basketball Prodigy

You guys have to check this kid out. Dakota Simms from Georgia and only 9 years old. Click the link at the bottom to see the video courtesy of CNN.

Dakota Simms seems on track for greatness and is hoping the NBA changes its age requirement so he, like Dawkins, can go directly to the NBA from high school.

Simms' jump shot is masterful; a basketball fan might consider it art.
    He elevates through his legs, toes pointed downward and back straight, and strokes the ball toward the hoop, following through as if he were painting a wall with his fingertips.

He practices the jumper and other elements of his game every day, staying at the gym until he makes at least 200 three-point shots with an NBA regulation ball.

And Dakota is only 9.

"That form is great. There's some guys in the NBA who don't have form like that," said ex-Atlanta Hawk and NBA Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins after he and the youngster met at Philips Arena's practice court for a friendly three-point shooting contest from the NBA arc.

"The fact that he's able to make that many shots is pretty incredible," Wilkins said. "If he stays focused like he is right now, he'll write his own ticket."
    Source - Click here to view video

That was an awesome video clip! Thanks for sharing it.
    RR OG

Comment

What if he stops growing at 5'6"?

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        What if he stops growing at 5'6"?
        Muggsy part deux?

Comment

I will put your basketball kid against my basketball kid FTW

Comment

I'm with Hotshot, at least this kid has a legitimate shot with the Harlem Globetrotters.

Comment

What some kids will to get a free college edumacation. State Schools FTW!!!
              RR OG

Comment

Doc wrote: View Post
                You guys have to check this kid out. Dakota Simms from Georgia and only 9 years old. Click the link at the bottom to see the video courtesy of CNN.

Source - Click here to view video
                And 10 years later...there is no discernable success or passing acknowledgement in the NBA for one Dakota Simms.

Beware the hype.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

And 10 years later...there is no discernable success or passing acknowledgement in the NBA for one Dakota Simms.

Beware the hype.
                  Great deep dive follow-up here!

Comment

Doc wrote: View Post

Great deep dive follow-up here!
                    LOL....
                    Thanks..but I clicked the wrong sub thread with my Brazilian like fat thumb.
                    Saw it and responded. Pavlovian.

Still this is yet another example of a can’t miss phenom who wasn't out of grammar school.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

LOL....
                      Thanks..but I clicked the wrong sub thread with my Brazilian like fat thumb.
                      Saw it and responded. Pavlovian.

Still this is yet another example of a can’t miss phenom who wasn't out of grammar school.
                      Haha great thread bump indeed. I googled his name...last seen playing high school basketball in Georgia in 2019..looks like he didn't go straight to the NBA..or div 2 college for that matter..
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X