Rajan Rondo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rajan Rondo

@WolstatSun: Sun sources: Raptors kicking the tires on Celtics star Rajon Rondo. Nothing close, but team high on him: http://t.co/tnDcVMhAEy

I'm all for it if Casey gets an extension. Both him and Rondo are defensive minded. Both are from Kentucky as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

What would we give away?

And honestly, I like lowrys 3 point shooting + Lowry could be cheaper..
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I would absolutely love if this happens. Love that kid's game.

Comment

I don't actually think Rondo is that much better than Lowry... but..

He's a legit star (name/brand-wise). Bringing him in could be a stepping stone to adding another all-star down the line.

I wonder what a deal would look like though? Maybe Lowry and picks going back the other way?
        Last edited by imanshumpert; Tue Feb 18, 2014, 02:44 AM.

Comment

2 unprotected first round picks or a lottery pick + a talented young player?? no thanks.

We don't even know if this guy is the same player. He suffered a pretty serious injury last year. Tore his ACL and he hasn't played much at all this season.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lowry and a 2016 1st for Rondo? Haha.

Comment

Doesn't excite me too much at all. Please no.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                We don't even know if this guy is the same player. He suffered a pretty serious injury last year. Tore his ACL and he hasn't played much at all this season.
                What we saw from him up to date this season proves that he's still the same... if there's something he's better, having added some 3 point shooting to his game.

Comment

If we are going to use draft pics, I'd rather keep Lowry and get a good young PF (Derrick Favors?) to grow with this team. Rondo has injury concerns plus attitude issues. I don't see it being a good fit.

Comment

The injury has made me so conflicted. Love the guy and what he has brought to the table in the past, but I still don't really know how I feel about this.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      What we saw from him up to date this season proves that he's still the same... if there's something he's better, having added some 3 point shooting to his game.
                      um hes only played like 10 games this season. that hardly proves anything. nor does a 10 game run prove anything about his 3 point shooting. the guy hasn't EVER played a full season in his entire career and the closest he ever has was back in 2009.

Comment

Lowry this season has been better than Rondo has ever played, maybe other than the playoffs when The Celtics won. But Lowry has been so good this year, giving him plus a first doesn't intrigue me.

Comment

The benefit of trading for Rondo is he is signed for one more year after this one, we could lose Lowry for nothing.

Rondo also seems to have a decent reputation around the league with players, he has won a championship and gets teammates involved, he may attract a good free agent this summer to put the team up another level.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

There are various good reasons why to keep Lowry, and there are various good reasons why to have Rondo. I'm fine with both options.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Akkerman wrote: View Post
                              Lowry this season has been better than Rondo has ever played, maybe other than the playoffs when The Celtics won. But Lowry has been so good this year, giving him plus a first doesn't intrigue me.
                              rondo has been 1st team nba defensive twice and 2nd team nba defensive three times. let the league in assists twice and steals once. lowry has never touched those numbers. better scorer? yes. better all round player? not so sure

Comment

Working...
                              X