Rajan Rondo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    Havent quite followed Rondo's return after his ACL problems.

Is everyone quite sure about his full recovery? Especially on defense and his ability to make those quick cuts he used to? I am suspicious of Ainge...why is he trying to peddle off RR? R has not expressed a desire to move (that I have seen) in his public pronouncements and the Celtics have I believe potentially 17 draft picks over the next 5 years (Boston Globe)...does he really need more and more importantly why get rid of such a player who could assist with the rebuild of your own team.
    I'm actually also a little suspicious of this.

Maybe he's just trying to do a full, proper rebuild... But I, dunno, Rondo's still pretty young.

Something else to remember: how is he going to play without a HOF cast?
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Is everyone quite sure about his full recovery? Especially on defense and his ability to make those quick cuts he used to? I am suspicious of Ainge...why is he trying to peddle off RR? R has not expressed a desire to move (that I have seen) in his public pronouncements and the Celtics have I believe potentially 17 draft picks over the next 5 years (Boston Globe)...does he really need more and more importantly why get rid of such a player who could assist with the rebuild of your own team.
      Interesting. If that's Ainge's mindset, he's making it way too obvious.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        2 unprotected first round picks or a lottery pick + a talented young player?? no thanks.

We don't even know if this guy is the same player. He suffered a pretty serious injury last year. Tore his ACL and he hasn't played much at all this season.
        Exactly why MU won't get sucked into a Rondo trade.

Comment

Ainge is always suspicious in these situations Lol, he says stuff and half the time does the exact opposite. He's a master.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            I've been calling for a trade for Rondo for a long time and I think it would be a great move. Love Lowry, but Rondo is a much better player and has played at a high level for much longer than Lowry.
            Rondo was a much better player than Lowry in their 1st 4 years in the league, but has been in slow but steady decline since his terrific 08-09 season. Lowry on the other hand has shown fairly continuous improvement. Each of the past 4 seasons Lowry has been better, both in yearly totals and per minute. And despite Lowry being considered injury prone, he's played 72 more games than Rondo these past 4 seasons.
            Last edited by 3inthekeon; Tue Feb 18, 2014, 12:25 PM. Reason: spelling
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              I could see a deal like that working out..

The original NY/Lowry rumoured deal was THJR/Felton/2018 pick for Lowry I believe.

Maybe a proposed deal would be:

Toronto gets Rondo, Felton
              NY gets Lowry
              Boston gets THJR, 2018 pick (NY), 2016 pick (TOR), Salmons

That way Boston gets a prospect, two picks, plus an expiring (well $1M guaranteed next year) for Rondo. NY gets Lowry. Toronto gets Rondo and a fat guy riding the pine for the next 2.5 years.
              Getting stuck with Felton may limit flexibility moving forward.

Comment

I love Rondo but doesn't that mean we have no three point shooting in our starting backcourt?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

With Lowry we have an attacking guard with a nice 3 point shot. Rondo makes it much easier for JV DeMar and Ross to score to cover that plus he can score at will on his own when he decides to attack the basket is a triple double waiting to happen. In his completely healthy state though.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    With Lowry we have an attacking guard with a nice 3 point shot. Rondo makes it much easier for JV DeMar and Ross to score to cover that plus he can score at will on his own when he decides to attack the basket is a triple double waiting to happen. In his completely healthy state though.
                    Well said.

Comment

Can someone edit the title so his name is correct. It's annoying me far more than it should.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                        Can someone edit the title so his name is correct. It's annoying me far more than it should.
                        Maybe it's a play on words? Should have put Ragin' Rondo if that was the case though...
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          Getting stuck with Felton may limit flexibility moving forward.
                          Yeah he sucks.. he's basically got 2 years @ $4M per year after this year. So could put him on the bench and then just let GV walk. Not the best use of $8M but if it helps to get Rondo then perhaps it's worth it? Could also use the stretch amnesty on him to get rid of him. His last year is a player option so he could also leave on his own (doubtful but that possibility could exist).

I'd prefer not to take Felton, but NY's roster blows. To take on Lowry's contract they would have to give up someone like Felton, Smith, Bargnani or Amare. Pick your poison?

Comment

do not want.

Comment

Brett Poirier NBA ‏@BrettNBA:
                              "Can deny reports of Raptors/Celtics trade that would involve Rajon Rondo. Toronto expressed interest but asking price was too high."

Comment

Too good to be true. Has the feel of an GM guaging to see what the interest would be like. I think Rondo will eventually get sick of the losing once he is healthy and back to 100%, and will probably ask for a trade at that point. He was pretty spoilt by all the immediate winning when he arrived and I can't see him wanting to take such a huge step backwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X