Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything VC: the man, the legacy, the possible return in '14-15

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Everything VC: the man, the legacy, the possible return in '14-15

I wonder if something's up after watching that VC special that aired a few wks back. He's a free agent next yr and maybe the organization along with Vince himself are angling for a reunion of sorts. I could see a 2yr contract for 3-4 mil per yr. I think he's got just enough gas left in the tank to provide some decent minutes off the bench and be a good mentor for DD & TRoss. We're not re-signing Salmons and the price would be right for Vince to fill that slot.

Now it boils down to all the haters. Yes I was one of them too (for good reasons) but bygones are bygones now and I really believe he's grown up and genuinely loves the city of Toronto. Also I believe in legacy and there's a real chance to right the wrongs of the past and have him retire as a Toronto Raptor. People are gonna say he hasn't changed, he'll be a bad influence in the locker room on a young team, we'll never forgive him for what he did, etc, etc. I realize it's a bit of a risk but it's one that I feel is worth the gamble considering his maturity level these days and current price tag. Maybe I'm a sucker for nostalgia and fairytale endings but bringing back Vince will enrich this franchise. I think as soon as Air Canada takes flight again and rocks that first dunk all will be forgiven. IMO if that happens the city along with Vince will be better off for it..
    Last edited by Raps76; Wed Feb 19th, 2014 at 07:14 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be fine with it. Nostalgia is cool and all, but he still is a very effective bench player who could help them and that's more important

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, he needs to apologize publicly for the way he left us. I don't think he ever did it? right?

Next, I'll be fine with him in raps uniform only if he agrees to take minimum which is 1.5m ~ per year.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He could fit in nicely as Salmons' replacement as our bench wing scorer.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

5. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly @BigCamB! He's still very capable of providing some lightening in a bottle off the bench, just imagine how electric the place would be after a dunk or knocking down a 3....@rocwell that would be great but I think his value is higher than that, minimum 2.5mil I would imagine with the numbers he's still putting up. As for the apology I couldn't see that, don't forget the ownership/management was brutal at that time and played a big role in it too (although it doesn't excuse Vince for his actions of course).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

meh, I'm cool with that, why not....
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this might be a viable possibility, the only thing preventing it could be Mark Cuban. Apparently he loves Vince and wants him to retire as a Mav. The Raps would def give it some thought as they need an affordable wing to plug that hole. VC will have some options to mull over in the summer.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    I'd be fine with it. Nostalgia is cool and all, but he still is a very effective bench player who could help them and that's more important
    This. Lets not let emotion cloud smart basketball moves.
    Last edited by stooley; Tue Feb 18th, 2014 at 11:15 AM.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no..not another VC resurrection thread!!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

@Stooley that's the thing though, it is a smart basketball move first and foremost given the positional need, length & amount of contract, and production value currently from VC. The emotions & nostalgia are a bonus and the icing on the cake...Lol @Bendit I hear you but it's been a couple yrs now & the time is right this offseason for this to become a reality.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a Vince fan by any means but I'm open to the idea of a return. However I think $3-4 million per year would be too much. He makes $3 million now and he's obviously not going to get better as he nears 40. If he wants to sincerely 'bury the hatchet', a good first step would be to sign for the vets minimum.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

@Fully I agree but don't you see anyone offering him any more than that?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    First of all, he needs to apologize publicly for the way he left us. I don't think he ever did it? right?

Next, I'll be fine with him in raps uniform only if he agrees to take minimum which is 1.5m ~ per year.
    I do think a heartfelt public apology would go a long way to enabling his return to Toronto.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raps76 wrote: View Post
    @Stooley that's the thing though, it is a smart basketball move first and foremost given the positional need, length & amount of contract, and production value currently from VC. The emotions & nostalgia are a bonus and the icing on the cake...Lol @Bendit I hear you but it's been a couple yrs now & the time is right this offseason for this to become a reality.

Notice you are new here...welcome. There have been similar threads lately...the most recent will give you a pulse of reactions on the subject:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ll-as-a-Raptor

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raps76 wrote: View Post
    @Stooley that's the thing though, it is a smart basketball move first and foremost given the positional need, length & amount of contract, and production value currently from VC. The emotions & nostalgia are a bonus and the icing on the cake...Lol

You got my opinion mixed up.

Generally people here hate Carter. They don't want him back.

I'm arguing: forget that. If he's a good role player (which he is), don't let emotions be the reason we don't sign him.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He could fit in nicely as Salmons' replacement as our bench wing scorer.
    I agree with Nilanka a lot and hes right. Let Salmons walk sign VC to the minimum and give him back his fucking #15 Amir....

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Vince and Aminu to back up DeMar and Ross... That would be pretty nice

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

@Bendit thanks for the link, a lot of good stuff on there. I agree he should be HOF as a Rap but it should def be after playing a 1 or 2 yrs or it won't be the same...@stooley thx I totally got you and agree 100%...@Raptors4Life that's funny, I agree with Nilanka too...@charlesnba23 I'm not sure about Aminu though because we've got Amir, Patterson, and Hansborough at PF and not enough minutes so one of PP or TH has been eating up the backup SF minutes. I think we'll be re-signing PP but if we don't then Aminu would be a good option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I agree with Nilanka a lot and hes right. Let Salmons walk sign VC to the minimum and give him back his fucking #15 Amir....
    Fuck that if he comes back he can choose a new number. Amir deserves that #15 more than Vince does.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information