Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Everything VC: the man, the legacy, the possible return in '14-15

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    PJ Tucker, Marvin Williams, Deng, Ariza (probably going back out west), I would probably choose as my Salmons replacement over Carter if the money and term was right. We don't have a Juwan Howard or a Hakeem Olajuwon (you probably forgot he signed with us in his last season) slot on this team next year. 37/38 is still 37/38 I don't care if you are Ray Allen or Kevin Garnett, this team doesnt have that luxury to have players that are that late in their career.

Honestly, I believe what we do with our first wing off the bench is our most important off-season decision after signing Lowry.
    Those guys are ideal for us because they can handle the bigger SF in this league
    Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Only way to get Deng Ariza etc is to dump Fields and Novak.We're paying for a SF we just aren't using him.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Only way to get Deng Ariza etc is to dump Fields and Novak.We're paying for a SF we just aren't using him.

Deng looks broken down and Ariza is lazy. Fields is an expiring so he'll probably be around til the trade deadline, Novak is locked in on an unfavorable contract but maybe some team might be desperate enough perimeter help.

I think Vince is the play along with a backup center and then you can package Fields and/or Hayes at the deadline if necessary for something.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Rookie Niagara Raptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am really not into bringing back carter just to bring him back and go through all this forgiveness bull crap that MLSE is trying to force down our throats ... he quit on the team and he wanted out and that's on him even though the franchise was crap as well your still responsible for your own actions etc etc etc

but on a side note he would be a good redemption story line if he was a major part of helping us win a championship

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
    I am really not into bringing back carter just to bring him back and go through all this forgiveness bull crap that MLSE is trying to force down our throats ...
    If MLSE brings him back I will swallow my words because he is still a top 100 player in the league, which would automatically make him The Raptors 4th best player...maybe 3rd best. And if he was brought off the bench, as he is in Dallas, what a boost to the bench. I caught the end of a Dallas game a couple of nights ago and they were down by 1 with 1:45 to go in the fourth, and Carter was on the floor. He got 2 rebounds and scored a basket during that time. If he is good enough for be on the floor for closing time for Dallas in a tight game, he's good enough to come off the Raptors bench. He got 16 points, 2 rebounds and an assist in 25 minutes. Still playing 25 minutes a game at his age. I would take him over Salmons in a second.

7. Like stooley, BigCamB, Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Vince this weekend for making the TOP 25 of alltime in points ...

Raptors Republic Rookie Niagara Raptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    If MLSE brings him back I will swallow my words because he is still a top 100 player in the league, which would automatically make him The Raptors 4th best player...maybe 3rd best. And if he was brought off the bench, as he is in Dallas, what a boost to the bench. I caught the end of a Dallas game a couple of nights ago and they were down by 1 with 1:45 to go in the fourth, and Carter was on the floor. He got 2 rebounds and scored a basket during that time. If he is good enough for be on the floor for closing time for Dallas in a tight game, he's good enough to come off the Raptors bench. He got 16 points, 2 rebounds and an assist in 25 minutes. Still playing 25 minutes a game at his age. I would take him over Salmons in a second.
    agree with you on all points I was taking more about the off the court issues and I guess im the same as you if he became a raptor again im still a raptor fan first and foremost so I would cheer for him too to excel

10. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/pl...nba/index.html

vince carter on the game winning 3 pointer shot against the spurs. around 40 second mark someone asks him about a similar shot he had taken and he immediately brings up the one he missed for us. clearly its been lingering on his mind for a long time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I want this guy on our team next season. Whether that's starting next to DeMar or as a 2/3 off the bench behind him and Ross. He'd give us everything Fields can defensively while being much more potent on the offensive end.

13. Like Puffer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem with VC and Casey is that he would bench Ross and reduce DD and JV on offense. VC would be the new Rudy Gay under Casey.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem with VC and Casey is that he would bench Ross and reduce DD and JV on offense. VC would be the new Rudy Gay under Casey.

Wtf no he would be the new john 'stupid' salmons/Alan 'sucks' Anderson but he's better than those two losers. I would love him back
    Rudy gay is a 2nd tier all star while vince carter is a former all star turned vet bench mob player
    2 completely different spectrums
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the problems with a guy who's turning 38 is you just never know when his body is going to give out. He was the sixth oldest player in the league this year... Just look at what happened to Nash.

We need a massive influx of talent. Patchwork fixes aren't giving to move the needle. Plus I agree that giving more vets to Casey is just begging to further hinder the development of the youngs.

Post Thanks / Like

Plus under Casey Carter will be overused and everybody will hate him as much as everybody hates Salmons.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he would thrive, the fan support & familiarity with the home courts here will help out huge to give him that extra lift to ride out his final years. We've seen some of these ageless athletes in every sport who are able to extend their shelf life and be successful for whatever reason.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Starter bryan colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Casey hate is has gotten so out of hand that goobers are criticizing Casey for making hypothetical mistakes in completely unrelated topics.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    One of the problems with a guy who's turning 38 is you just never know when his body is going to give out. He was the sixth oldest player in the league this year... Just look at what happened to Nash.

We need a massive influx of talent. Patchwork fixes aren't giving to move the needle. Plus I agree that giving more vets to Casey is just begging to further hinder the development of the youngs.
    This team could do with a couple years of a 38 year old Nash. Vince on a two year contract with team option for one or two isn't much of a risk.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jangles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    The Casey hate is has gotten so out of hand that goobers are criticizing Casey for making hypothetical mistakes in completely unrelated topics.
    You're a sad, sad man.

Raptors Republic Starter bryan colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No, sad is basing your opinion of someone on something YOU imagine THEY would do. It's strawman bullshit arguing, reserved for 9 year girls and dunces.

Excuse me for having standards.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/pl...nba/index.html

vince carter on the game winning 3 pointer shot against the spurs. around 40 second mark someone asks him about a similar shot he had taken and he immediately brings up the one he missed for us. clearly its been lingering on his mind for a long time.
    this is the first I have seen the highlite..... eerily similar huh???? Wow.

I guess thats what it would have looked like!

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

25. Like MunsMunny liked this post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information