Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What WILL Masai do at the trade deadline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayo isn't worth the money: he got paid and gave up incredibly fast. Which is a shame, because he's a legitimately good player when he bothers to try.

Ilyasova has potential; he's playing badly this year but that's at least in part because of lingering injuries and in part because it's Milwaukee and he's miserable watching his career bleed away playing for a permanent nontender. He might be worth reclaiming if we can do it without giving up a first-rounder. That future Knick second-rounder might be an option here: turn that, Landry Fields and Steve Novak into Ilyasova and Gary Neal. The Bucks improve their overall salary position (more money expiring sooner) and we get better players.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
      Mayo isn't worth the money: he got paid and gave up incredibly fast. Which is a shame, because he's a legitimately good player when he bothers to try.

Ilyasova has potential; he's playing badly this year but that's at least in part because of lingering injuries and in part because it's Milwaukee and he's miserable watching his career bleed away playing for a permanent nontender. He might be worth reclaiming if we can do it without giving up a first-rounder. That future Knick second-rounder might be an option here: turn that, Landry Fields and Steve Novak into Ilyasova and Gary Neal. The Bucks improve their overall salary position (more money expiring sooner) and we get better players.
      I would do that deal in a heartbeat...although now that I think of it we'd be pretty screwed cap wise for the foreseeable future...so I'm not so sure I like it anymore.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
        I predict no moves.
        I think you are right. MU taking wait and see approach and probably won't pull the trigger. Team chemistry is pretty good right now.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Poison pill for 2nd round or undrafted free agents only

It is the Gilbert arenas clause

Have to be restricted free agents for poison pill
          True for the Gilbert Arenas provision. Poison pill is technically a different thing, has to do with rookie extensions and trades. Either way, doesn't apply here (and the Knicks certainly can't make an offer).
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            True for the Gilbert Arenas provision. Poison pill is technically a different thing, has to do with rookie extensions and trades. Either way, doesn't apply here (and the Knicks certainly can't make an offer).
            Riiiiight. My bad.

Poison pill is when first round pick signs extension, like Larry sanders this year and DeRozan last year. He can't be traded for the money he is currently making, it has to average with current year and extension years.

What golden originally said was the Gilbert Arenas clause found here: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q45

To do this Knicks would have to have cap space which they certainly do not.

Comment

No moves today. Book it.

As for off season..
              Priority 1:
              Sign lowry to a 3 or 4 year deal and pay him. He fits the system and the culture and will build chemistry with demar amir and JV with another season contracts somehow...

Landry, sorry bro I really wanted to like you here but your time impersonating Linus Klieza in toronto is up.

Chuck Hayes has 1 year remaining after this year so he should be kept until 2015 deadline. He's an undersized serviceable forward. His contract is his value, but not until next year.

Austin daye... If the raptors need a professional towel waiver they can get me for half the price of this guy. Seriously he contributes nothing. I don't know what he makes and I don't care. Amnesty.

A major question is the power forward position. Amir, Patman and psycho T; I love all you guys because you all play hard and represent what Dwane Casey wants in an old school 4 (I know this cause he personally called me and told me this), and what Toronto expects out of hard nose blue collar guys. The problem lies with finding these guys time on the floor.

As for faried...

I think masai is just screwing with the knicks. same with the rondo rumors.

No way they let lowry ride shotgun for rondo, especially with rondo coming fresh off acl surgery.

is manimal an upgrade over amir? Probably on the offensive glass, but nothing else really. He's 2 or 3 years younger, so chronologically, I guess that's an upgrade.

Let's be honest though, while rebuilding a franchise's fan base is trading the most beloved raptor a good idea?

I hope masai understands how important Amir is not to the team but the fan base as well. Irreplaceable Imo.

Plus he's a better defender.

tldr; no moves today, decide who runs the 4 spot next summer.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                I am not sure what you are basing this on. How many minutes are you purporting to play this back-up centre that he will be the difference between winning and losing a playoff series? 30 minutes a night? I struggle to recall the last time a back-up centre decided a playoff series.... I am going to guess the answer is "never".

There is also the question of who are you taking minutes from. If you bring in a back-up centre then either you're sitting Patterson or Hansbrough or Amir. Given Casey, it likely means Hansbrough is out of the rotation altogether. That's fine but you'd better bring someone who can be more productive in those limited minutes. I am absolutely opposed to trading for a big stiff just for the 6 fouls unless they can get that guy for nothing.
                I'd say about 20 minutes. Starters win series of course but having a proper bench is paramount as we know, we have a good bench except for a backup center. As it stands we have 1 true center and that's gonna catch up with us at some point, I think Jonas needs help and is getting really worn down. If Amir is laboring at all this is only amplified by putting more pressure on JV and he's not playing up to his full capacity, we've been able to get by but I believe our game suffers greatly at points in the paint because of that and this where we have room for improvement. If Masai can swing a deal for a decent backup center without giving up too much we should definitely do it.

Comment

Raps76 wrote: View Post
                  I'd say about 20 minutes. Starters win series of course but having a proper bench is paramount as we know, we have a good bench except for a backup center. As it stands we have 1 true center and that's gonna catch up with us at some point, I think Jonas needs help and is getting really worn down. If Amir is laboring at all this is only amplified by putting more pressure on JV and he's not playing up to his full capacity, we've been able to get by but I believe our game suffers greatly at points in the paint because of that and this where we have room for improvement. If Masai can swing a deal for a decent backup center without giving up too much we should definitely do it.
                  Kaman for Novak. Straight up

LA doesn't care about winning Kaman literally had a nap on their bench, during a game.
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post

LA doesn't care about winning Kaman literally had a nap on their bench, during a game.

That would be a dream come true, I wonder if the Lakers would bite because of Novak's multi yr contract. I'm not even sure about Kaman's contract numbers or situation but that would be a coup going into the playoffs if we could land him somehow. I'd prefer a better defender but Kaman's serviceable to give JV proper stretches of rest and to put up some points.

Comment

LA won't take back salary. It'll be Kaman for cash and maybe Dwight Buycks.

Comment

MU will not make any move ( insider Information). Believe me

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                          LA won't take back salary. It'll be Kaman for cash and maybe Dwight Buycks.
                          Done. They can have daye too if they want
                          Because its 2015

Comment

LA should be highly motivated to get under the luxury tax line to reset the repeater rate, but at the same time Toronto doesn't want to get into the tax this year. With LA currently $7.5 million over and Toronto about $3.5 million under, I don't think there's any way that the two teams can make a trade and both end up under the tax line. If the Okafor/Gasol deal were to happen, then there would be some trades that could result in both teams ending up under the tax line.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                              LA should be highly motivated to get under the luxury tax line to reset the repeater rate, but at the same time Toronto doesn't want to get into the tax this year. With LA currently $7.5 million over and Toronto about $3.5 million under, I don't think there's any way that the two teams can make a trade and both end up under the tax line. If the Okafor/Gasol deal were to happen, then there would be some trades that could result in both teams ending up under the tax line.
                              Thanks for dream crushing.

Also lakers are 7.5million over and are tied for last in the west....
                              Because its 2015

Comment

Thanks for dream crushing.

Also lakers are 7.5million over and are tied for last in the west....
                                I wasn't really meaning to crush any dreams... Toronto is in good shape to help out LA (especially with the Gay exception), but they need another domino to fall first.

Comment

Working...
                                X