Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What WILL Masai do at the trade deadline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What WILL Masai do at the trade deadline?

We've had lots of suggestions as to what Masai should do, ranging from acquiring Kevin Love to Chris Kaman.

Last year BC brought his greatest basketball talent into play at the deadline. That talent being trading away 2nd round picks, this time using it to acquire Sebastian Telfair.

Anyway, this thread is for predicting who stays and who goes.

Personally, I think Lowry stays, with the only deal involving one of Novak, Hansbrough or Salmons, with Vasquez as the dark horse.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

My prediction is that nothing happens (I'm lowering my expectations as much as possible).

Our current roster is what we'll end the season with.

Comment

I think the priority should be a backup center. JV is getting run down and needs more than Chuck Hayes backing him up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

I predict no moves.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I'm so confused I don't know what to think. The sooner the trade deadline comes and goes the better.

I think a lot of the hype is created by the media as a way to drive viewers to their articles.

Eg. Wolstats article about rondo to the raps doesn't say anything. But there is now countless articles referencing it. I could have written an article about the raps being interested in just about anyone and driven speculation. Point is maybe some of them know what's going on but the vast majority don't.
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

Acquire a 2nd rounder for Novak. Hansbrough not moved until off-season.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I think it'll either be Lowry and one of Salmons/Novak/Psycho T goes

or no one at all
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nothing.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Trade deadline usually has a lot of hype but little substance. I'd wager that no moves are made. Not because MU doesn't want to make a move.. just that other teams are less willing to make a move.

Comment

I also think that 75% of what Masai does with his time, will be to mess with the Knicks.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'm going with nothing. I don't see them moving any significant pieces until the offseason and I don't see a laundry list of teams lining up for any material trades right now.

Thing is, what this team really needs is another elite level player. Hard to see that guy being available right now. Bettwen Salmons, Vazquez, Hansbrough, Hayes, Patterson, Novak..... the bench is fine. Casey has lots of pieces to move around the board. I don't really understand the obsession with acquiring some warm body to be a backup centre. The team is fine defensively with JV off the court (in fact they are better).

Comment

Masai wins

Comment

I'd be shocked if anything big happens. I think Lowry stays and Masai will be better equipped to move contracts that expire after next yr in the summer (Fields, Hayes, Hansborough, possibly Amir). He'll have a lot of flexibility this off season to mix & match plus include draft picks. IMO he re-signs Lowry at max 10mil (4yrs), Patterson at max 5mil (3yrs) and potentially Vasquez at max 4mil (3yrs). Then after that he literally can do whatever he wants, he'll be in such an incredible position.

Comment

Kenneth Faried?

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/ra...enneth-faried/

Comment

@slaw I disagree, I think JV is getting rundown & Amir is banged up. I don't like our bigs situation going into the playoffs, if we can acquire a back up center for cheap to help JV I think we should do it, it could mean the difference between winning our first round series in 6 or potentially getting upset and losing our first round series in 7.

Comment

Working...
                              X