Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What WILL Masai do at the trade deadline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh please no. Faried is not an upgrade at PF at all.

Hopefully he does nothing, or if he does something it's very minor.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
      Oh please no. Faried is not an upgrade at PF at all.

Hopefully he does nothing, or if he does something it's very minor.
      We have enough backup PF already lol.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Maybe the idea is to make Amir the back-up C and make one of Faried/Patman the starting PF and the other one a backup.

Just a thought ...

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
          Maybe the idea is to make Amir the back-up C and make one of Faried/Patman the starting PF and the other one a backup.

Just a thought ...
          Faried isn't a starter though. He's undersized, more so than Amir, and he doesn't have the savvy that Amir has yet.
          "Bruno?
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
            Faried isn't a starter though. He's undersized, more so than Amir, and he doesn't have the savvy that Amir has yet.
            If we were to give Hansborough and say Hayes for him, I wouldn't mind it at all. He is a pretty good asset at the least.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
              he's .03 shorter but 18 pounds heavier. he's also averaging a rebound more than amir while scoring the same. so what do you mean exactly?
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I predict Novak being moved.

Comment

If the Knicks want a guy, Masai will probably leak that he is looking at the guy too; just to mess with Dolan. We don't need Farried unless we move Amir.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I love Faried, but this team needs a defensive presence down low and I don't think that's Faried's skill. Even with the long term in mind I just don't see a JV/Faried pairing being successful. Plus Denver is probably going to look for picks which I don't see MU giving up that easily.

Wonder if there is some magic 5 way trade that can be done with NY, Boston, Denver, Atlanta and Toronto.. where Toronto ends up with Horford, Faried, and Rondo and an additional 2014 pick.. while keeping all their picks, JV, DD, Ross and PP. If anybody could do it, it would be Masai

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      he's .03 shorter but 18 pounds heavier. he's also averaging a rebound more than amir while scoring the same. so what do you mean exactly?
                      Well he's 6'8, which is nice and short for a PF. Amir isn't tall either, at 6'9, as implied by my other post.

The two players are energy guys, which is why I started the comparison.

Amir's two greatest assets are in setting picks and in help defense - he's an "advanced stats" darling who's contribution generally doesn't show up in the box score - which is why I chose the word savvy.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
                        If we were to give Hansborough and say Hayes for him, I wouldn't mind it at all. He is a pretty good asset at the least.
                        Denver is a lottery team. They would have little use for Hansbrough and especially Hayes. They would want something like TRoss and/or picks.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          Denver is a lottery team. They would have little use for Hansbrough and especially Hayes. They would want something like TRoss and/or picks.
                          I wasn't saying when they would do it, I was saying when I would.

Comment

I'm predicting that Feilds will somehow, someway be moved. It would fit well with MU's other moves of unloading bad contracts.

Comment

If he gets hayes and fields out and takes back an expiring, without a first, I will hail him as a god.
                              @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                                If he gets hayes and fields out and takes back an expiring, without a first, I will hail him as a god.
                                He won't unfortunately. Hayes might get thrown into a bigger deal. But Landry's staying put until he expires or is an expiring.

Similar to Gay and bargnani, Fields is on a bad contract.

Contrary to those two players, Fields can offer a team absolutely nothing.
                                "Bruno?
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X