Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 172

Thread: What WILL Masai do at the trade deadline?

  1. #121
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think you're pretty accurate and not a pessimist GLF...

    But then I'm also called a "hater" here as well...lol


    The East is still as much of a crap shoot as it was to begin the year, although I don't know if we will see Detroit or Cleveland make it into the playoffs and who we see in the standings right now will be the lineup. Really we are only 3.5 games away from facing off against the Heat or Pacers in the first round...which is really worrying.

  2. #122
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Philly whom acquired Earl Clark from the Cavs in the Spencer Hawes trade have waived Clark. He was a real bright spot for the Lakers last season when Kobe went down and was given more opportunity to show what he has. Would he be a good pick up for the Raptors? He didn't look great in the Clevland offense this year, but everyone on that team struggled early on. Clark is a long, athletic guy, and can shoot the 3 ball at a decent rate...I'm going by his numbers when he was with the Lakers. Might be a good addition to the bench. He's listed as 6'10", but I think he's pretty mobile and can guard SF's as well. Anyone think he would be a worthwhile pick up? Seems like one of those small moves which fits really well into the team concept which MU has built a reputation for.

  3. #123
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Philly whom acquired Earl Clark from the Cavs in the Spencer Hawes trade have waived Clark. He was a real bright spot for the Lakers last season when Kobe went down and was given more opportunity to show what he has. Would he be a good pick up for the Raptors? He didn't look great in the Clevland offense this year, but everyone on that team struggled early on. Clark is a long, athletic guy, and can shoot the 3 ball at a decent rate...I'm going by his numbers when he was with the Lakers. Might be a good addition to the bench. He's listed as 6'10", but I think he's pretty mobile and can guard SF's as well. Anyone think he would be a worthwhile pick up? Seems like one of those small moves which fits really well into the team concept which MU has built a reputation for.
    Clark could look good on any up-tempo team that shoots a lot of 3's (or have players that are able to generate open looks for their teammates), like GS, Houston, LAC, OKC and Miami.

    I think Toronto has enough 3pt shooting from their wings and enough depth at PF. He'd be a decent bench scorer. I think he was expected to do too much in Cleveland, as a scorer for their starting unit.

  4. #124
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He still rebounds pretty well, and maybe I'm mistaken, but he can guard the 3 can't he? I think he might be a good pick up to guard the Georges and LeBrons in the playoffs...Corey Brewer-esque. Heck, if we aspire to make the finals one day he has the length to possible match up with Durrant. I'm getting way ahead of myself

    Strictly coming off the bench though.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    hahaha in your deluded world this is how you think negotiations work huh? 5 months before the fact the team comes up with their top price and hopes things fall into place.

    This ain't Ebay.

    Walk away my man.....just walk away.
    LOOOL, Stop embarrassing yourself Bro. You clearly have no idea how the negotiations works. MU has been in contact with Lowry's agent for a while now and they have been going back and forth.

    As I said before, you don't have to believe me. However, lets make a bet. If what I said here becomes a reality in Summer time, then you do not post here anymore and if it does not, I won't ... I stand by my source and what he told me.

  6. #126
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    As I said before, you don't have to believe me. However, lets make a bet. If what I said here becomes a reality in Summer time, then you do not post here anymore and if it does not, I won't ... I stand by my source and what he told me.
    So you want to infringe on someone's freedom of speech to prove the point that you have a source that we all don't care about??

    Ok.


    hint: if you have a source, use it wisely. Don't brag about it, don't mention it...just drop the bomb on us classy like. This will make sure your source doesn't feed you misinformation or be shut down, because you are posting on the RR after all and the front office does peruse these things and probably wont take kindly to someone bragging about a leak, especially with how Ujiri operates

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    So you want to infringe on someone's freedom of speech to prove the point that you have a source that we all don't care about??

    Ok.


    hint: if you have a source, use it wisely. Don't brag about it, don't mention it...just drop the bomb on us classy like. This will make sure your source doesn't feed you misinformation or be shut down, because you are posting on the RR after all and the front office does peruse these things and probably wont take kindly to someone bragging about a leak, especially with how Ujiri operates
    I share my information that way I see fit. You don't need to worry about it. As I said before, I gave you guys a news about Lowry now on Feb and I will stand by it for this summer. Who ever doubts my source, can join Letter N and take on that bet

  8. #128
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    I share my information that way I see fit. You don't need to worry about it.
    You made us worry about it when you started shoving it down our throats.

    Stop. We DON'T CARE!

  9. Like Letter N liked this post
  10. #129
    Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Having not done anything (of significance) at the trade deadline, it feels like a bit of steam has been taken out of any possible playoff run or run in the playoffs, to me. I actually found myself browing the draft thread again like I was already looking toward next season. I guess getting the cap situaton corrected was the goal for this year.
    I agree. All season I heard, Masai's just being patient and waiting for the trade deadline, just waiting for the right offer... so I was sort of hoping he'd put his stamp on the team. Or at least acknowledge some of our bigger weaknesses, like backup C and depth on the wing. We might be trying to grab someone off waivers but not sure how that'll work out.

    Guess we're going to have to wait till the offseason to see what he really thinks about the core. I hope more than ever he knows what he's doing with Lowry, or else we are seriously seriously hosed.

  11. #130
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    I share my information that way I see fit. You don't need to worry about it. As I said before, I gave you guys a news about Lowry now on Feb and I will stand by it for this summer. Who ever doubts my source, can join Letter N and take on that bet
    Nobody gives a fuck about your imaginary source. Sooooo annoying.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  12. Like NoPropsneeded, OldSkoolCool liked this post
  13. #131
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    LOOOL, Stop embarrassing yourself Bro. You clearly have no idea how the negotiations works. MU has been in contact with Lowry's agent for a while now and they have been going back and forth.

    As I said before, you don't have to believe me. However, lets make a bet. If what I said here becomes a reality in Summer time, then you do not post here anymore and if it does not, I won't ... I stand by my source and what he told me.
    Hope u are right. Time will tell.

  14. #132
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    LOOOL, Stop embarrassing yourself Bro. You clearly have no idea how the negotiations works. MU has been in contact with Lowry's agent for a while now and they have been going back and forth.

    As I said before, you don't have to believe me. However, lets make a bet. If what I said here becomes a reality in Summer time, then you do not post here anymore and if it does not, I won't ... I stand by my source and what he told me.

    Well you're 0 for 1 so far. But sure, let's hear the exact terms of this deal that will be offered to Lowry in 5 months. Years, dollar amount, bonuses, stipulations, all that good stuff. You provide all that from your wonderful source and I'll make the bet, but if you're wrong on any of it you lose, but I don't want you to leave, you're far too fun.

    I want you to post your picture and information and your sources picture and information.


    How about it cowboy, do we have a deal?

  15. #133
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Relax guys.

  16. #134
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,083
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    LOOOL, Stop embarrassing yourself Bro. You clearly have no idea how the negotiations works. MU has been in contact with Lowry's agent for a while now and they have been going back and forth.

    As I said before, you don't have to believe me. However, lets make a bet. If what I said here becomes a reality in Summer time, then you do not post here anymore and if it does not, I won't ... I stand by my source and what he told me.
    How is this exactly considered an inside revelation? Wouldn't be obviously that Masai would have been in negotiations with Lowry's agent for some time now? I mean, I could be the "source" then.

  17. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Well you're 0 for 1 so far. But sure, let's hear the exact terms of this deal that will be offered to Lowry in 5 months. Years, dollar amount, bonuses, stipulations, all that good stuff. You provide all that from your wonderful source and I'll make the bet, but if you're wrong on any of it you lose, but I don't want you to leave, you're far too fun.

    I want you to post your picture and information and your sources picture and information.


    How about it cowboy, do we have a deal?
    You are hopeless pal or just don't get it. Where did I say the exact amount is determined now
    Here is what I said :

    "I can only answer the first question for you because I asked that from my source few days ago. Toronto is willing to pay 10 million / year to lowry but lowry wants to see what he can get from US team and his asking price from Toronto is more than 10."

    Negotiations is ongoing Pal ...

    So lets see who s right in few month but guess what , if you loss, I want you gone

  18. #136
    Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    675
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My sources tell me that trades may or may not happen this summer given the opportunities that may or may not be available. My sources also tell me that Kyle Lowry will sign unless of course, he doesn't. I'm being told that DeMar, TRoss JV and Amir are locks with the team going forward unless an offer Masai can't refuse comes up. There's rumblings also that Casey won't be around next summer, but they're not as concrete as the items noted above. The bench unit seems most likely to be traded but there are some good pieces there so expect many of them to stay unless they are either a) too expensive to keep, b) not that good, c) packaged in a trade for a pick or player or d) none of the above and something else.

    As far as our pick goes, expect to see us draft a guy that will hopefully be a steal maybe with a high ceiling possibly NBA ready but don't look past a project either. Masai will likely pick the best option available but there's a chance he might make a mistake.

    Draft day trades seem to have a lot of smoke but don't expect any rash decisions that will jeopardize flexibility and limit opportunities to accumulate assets.

    That's all I know from my sources, they tend to be 100% correct 50% of the time with a margin of error of +\- 50%

  19. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    How is this exactly considered an inside revelation? Wouldn't be obviously that Masai would have been in negotiations with Lowry's agent for some time now? I mean, I could be the "source" then.
    What is an insider revelation I simply said that I know a guy in the front office that us very close to MU and he told me the night before the trades that Raptors will not make any major moves which was true since Daye move was a minor one and happened actually the next day after SA contacted Raptors ( per my source).

    I also said after talking to him about Lowry , this is where the negotiations are at ... It is an ongoing event and MU is interested and the price is around that I mentioned

    These are just simple information that I got from a my source. It is not meant to be earth shattering secretes or ... The kids here are losing their mind over this loooooool.

  20. #138
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    So lets see who s right in few month but guess what , if you loss, I want you gone
    Years, dollar amount, stipulations (Player/Team option)

    Give me those and we got a deal kiddo. But I want the pics and info of you & your insider.


    Let's shake it on pal

  21. #139
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    2,109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    You are hopeless pal or just don't get it. Where did I say the exact amount is determined now
    Here is what I said :

    "I can only answer the first question for you because I asked that from my source few days ago. Toronto is willing to pay 10 million / year to lowry but lowry wants to see what he can get from US team and his asking price from Toronto is more than 10."

    Negotiations is ongoing Pal ...

    So lets see who s right in few month but guess what , if you loss, I want you gone
    Why is this such a big issue?
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  22. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Years, dollar amount, stipulations (Player/Team option)

    Give me those and we got a deal kiddo. But I want the pics and info of you & your insider.


    Let's shake it on pal
    You are hopeless if you think the negotiations are done in Feb even MU does not have that information but it is nice to see you backed off from your earlier claims and can not stand behind them.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •