Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Game #54: Chicago Bulls 94 - Toronto Raptors 92

Raptors Republic Starter YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey never learns.

Demar had the hot hand. 11 fta, yet he gives him the iso. Draw up a play where he's going to the basket!!
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."

Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    STFU dude. I hate Casey but this is way over the line.
    Obv its an exaggeration you idiot
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not DeRozan's fault, he didnt develop that part of his game yet (Last Shot To Win) . But Casey keeps giving it to him. Try to give it to Lowery at the clutch sometimes!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    This is like the Portland game all over again. DeMar's the only one do to anything all game. But no, shit on him for not hitting a shot against the best perimeter defender in the game ON a poorly drawn up play. I'm literally laughing at you guys.
    I will say the same thing I did for the portland game. I love DD, he had a great game. I still want him on our team going forward. BUT he has consistently shown he cannot handle the ball at the end of games. He dribbles it off his foot, he makes a bad shot selection or a pass that leads to a turnover. DD can have the ball the rest of the game. I just dont want him handling the ball the in the last minute.

I dont even mind if he takes the last shot, but he would have to come off a screen or something. ISO play is the worst play to call for him at end of games. Id rather someone else set up the play for him.

5. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jangles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys but remember the Orlando game.. Won't anyone please remember the Orlando game!?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Its all good DeMar experience for these moments is huge.
    I know but when he DD learn??? He always picks up the ball on these clutch plays

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    Casey never learns.

Demar had the hot hand. 11 fta, yet he gives him the iso. Draw up a play where he's going to the basket!!
    Exactly! Why not run him off a screen? WHY NOT!?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jangles wrote: View Post
    Guys but remember the Orlando game.. Won't anyone please remember the Orlando game!?
    That was a 1 in a million shot

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Lowry doesnt get the ball at the end of games... i would never know.. o wait we got the All Star Demar... fuck shitt casey

Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    Demar got fouled didn't he?

Either way, Casey should know that Lowry is the go to guy.

What a terrible way to lose. smh
    Looks like a foul I the Gif, any other all star would get the benefit of the doubt there. Still a bad idea not to go to Lowry

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Blame Casey. Not DeMar. Terrible inbounds play call. That being said, give credit where credit is due. Butler played some sick defense on DeMar.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    GLF your pessimism won today. I won't bug you about being negative for three games. Lol.
    LMAO they did better than I expected. I didn't think we would come back fully like that. I thought we would stay within like 5-7 points. We should have played defense from the start. We never learn man.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    This is like the Portland game all over again. DeMar's the only one do to anything all game. But no, shit on him for not hitting a shot against the best perimeter defender in the game ON a poorly drawn up play. I'm literally laughing at you guys.
    I'm upset with Casey. I'd be fine with DeMar taking a last shot in a designed set play, where he ideally doesn't have to create one-on-one. Even that wouldn't be too terrible against a mismatch or really weak defender. But I think it's dumb for just about any coach to set up an iso against Jimmy Butler, especially when you don't have an elite closer. That's just a horrible gameplan. Just awful. Butler is one of the best perimeter defenders in the whole league. I wouldn't even be 100% confident putting LeBron in an iso against him to win the game. Again, at least give the guy a screen or something...anything to create movement and/or space.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If anything coaches like these are who create the Bargnani's come high or hell water motherfuckers

Post Thanks / Like

He's pretty predictable with that pull-up. If he developed a hesitation dribble, where he pulled it back and froze the defender, he'd be deadly. Having the defender overplay, unsure to challenge the shot or defend the drive, would be a lot better then his predictable stop and pull up
    @Boymusic66

17. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Artophwar wrote: View Post
    I will say the same thing I did for the portland game. I love DD, he had a great game. I still want him on our team going forward. BUT he has consistently shown he cannot handle the ball at the end of games. He dribbles it off his foot, he makes a bad shot selection or a pass that leads to a turnover. DD can have the ball the rest of the game. I just dont want him handling the ball the in the last minute.

I dont even mind if he takes the last shot, but he would have to come off a screen or something. ISO play is the worst play to call for him at end of games. Id rather someone else set up the play for him.

I agree completely. No more iso-leading to a long 2 jumpers at the end of the game. Demar's game winner vs Orlando was all set up by Calderon's pass which got him moving. Demar is more likely to mess up when he's iso'd.

Im as big a fan as it gets for DD, but he NEEDS to improve his handles, defense, and ability to attack the rim and finish.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."

Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Looks like a foul I the Gif, any other all star would get the benefit of the doubt there. Still a bad idea not to go to Lowry
    You don't get the benefit of the doubt on a last second shot. Even if you're an allstar, so let's not bring out the pity party on that bullshit.

20. Like rocwell liked this post
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting comment from Butch Carter on Casey's late minute coaching abilities:

22. Like caccia, YoungGunRaptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    You don't get the benefit of the doubt on a last second shot. Even if you're an allstar, so let's not bring out the pity party on that bullshit.
    Especially when you got blocked on the exact same move one minute earlier. As pissed as I am about the reffing throughout the rest of the game, that was the right no-call.

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If DJ didn't make that bailout three we would have won.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information