Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 484

Thread: Game #54: Chicago Bulls 94 - Toronto Raptors 92

  1. #461
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I can agree Jonas was shit.

    But I despise statements like the bold. You could also say if Patterson wasn't Boozer's total bitch all night we would've won. Or if Lowry hadn't got into foul trouble. Or if Ross played even average D most of the night we would have won. Jonas had a shit game, but there's no way to say he was the difference between a win and a loss. Noah didn't exactly dominate, and in fact his biggest success was in his passing game, because our players were losing their men on cuts all night.
    Fair.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  2. #462
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    And can we all agree JV was shit today? I mean the guy was almost invisible. If he even had a MINIMAL impact, we would have won.
    JV is soft. Not Bargnani soft. But he's pretty soft. Defensively he just gets pushed around. He rarely wins the 50/50 rebound battle. He's still pretty young so i'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. But i really don't like what i'm seeing.

    Tonight he played one of the toughest if not the toughest frontcourt in the NBA. 2pts 2rbs in 20+ mins. Completely unacceptable. Surprised Casey gave him that long of a leash tonight because he was really bad.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  3. Like Letter N liked this post
  4. #463
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    892
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Despite the end-of-game lapse by Casey and DeRozan, the real reason the Raptors lost this game is that they went 3-17 for three-pointers. Had they had even a couple more go in during the first three quarters of the game, it would have been a lot closer and there would have been multiple opportunities to take the lead. No doubt Chicago's defence had something to do with it, as the Bulls' announcers declared, but more of the poor shooting was just being cold or not being set with the feet.

  5. #464
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    JV is soft. Not Bargnani soft. But he's pretty soft. Defensively he just gets pushed around. He rarely wins the 50/50 rebound battle. He's still pretty young so i'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. But i really don't like what i'm seeing.

    Tonight he played one of the toughest if not the toughest frontcourt in the NBA. 2pts 2rbs in 20+ mins. Completely unacceptable. Surprised Casey gave him that long of a leash tonight because he was really bad.
    People need to chill the fuck out. Jonas is definitely not soft. He plays quite physical most of the time. He's our best rebounder and you can't do that without winning your fair share of battles. He had a bad game (not his first and definitely not his last), and another game where the refs let the other team get away with murder (I mean, Nene got an and1 for smacking Jonas in the face with his off hand).

    What he is is still a young player, who needs more work on his awareness. Needs the game to slow down a bit still. And needs to not let himself get frustrated. It'll come with time. He still played hard tonight. It's not like he was just "going through the motions". Some nights you just don't have it and the bounces just don't go your way.

    But soft? That's not something I'd ever think to call him. He doesn't shy away from banging down low. He doesn't take possessions off.

    *And just some food for thought...in Jonas' 3 other games against CHI this year
    5-10 FG, 5-6 FT, 15 pts, 10 rbs (2,8), 2 blk, 2 stl, 1 ast, 2 to ----win
    6-11 FG, 3-4 FT, 15 pts, 11 rbs (2,9), 4 blk, 1 stl, 1 ast, 1 to ----win
    2-5 FG, 0 FT, 4 pts, 8 rbs (2,6), 2 blk, 0 stl, 2 ast, 2 to ----loss

    It's not like he has struggled all year with the Bulls. Though it is interesting because someone (Kazan I think) said if he played even a bit better we would've won. While I hate phrasing it like that it does seem like he was a key part of our wins against them this year. So it's a big shame he played bad tonight
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Feb 20th, 2014 at 12:13 AM.

  6. Like slaw, OldSkoolCool liked this post
  7. #465
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    People need to chill the fuck out. Jonas is definitely not soft. He plays quite physical most of the time. He's our best rebounder and you can't do that without winning your fair share of battles. He had a bad game (not his first and definitely not his last), and another game where the refs let the other team get away with murder (I mean, Nene got an and1 for smacking Jonas in the face with his off hand).

    What he is is still a young player, who needs more work on his awareness. Needs the game to slow down a bit still. And needs to not let himself get frustrated. It'll come with time. He still played hard tonight. It's not like he was just "going through the motions". Some nights you just don't have it and the bounces just don't go your way.

    But soft? That's not something I'd ever think to call him. He doesn't shy away from banging down low. He doesn't take possessions off.
    Nah, i don't think he's soft either. It's just that he's aloof on the court. Not aware of anything and always disoriented, and I don't think you can teach that.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  8. #466
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    Nah, i don't think he's soft either. It's just that he's aloof on the court. Not aware of anything and always disoriented, and I don't think you can teach that.
    That's how like 95% of bigs are coming into the league. It takes time to figure out where you're always supposed to be. You can definitely teach it. It takes lots of practice, repetition, and tape watching.

  9. #467
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    That's how like 95% of bigs are coming into the league. It takes time to figure out where you're always supposed to be. You can definitely teach it. It takes lots of practice, repetition, and tape watching.
    Hopefully he gets to work in the summer then haha
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  10. #468
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,469
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    Hopefully he gets to work in the summer then haha
    I want you to change the quote in your signature to: "Kazan WILL win us a championship". Please.

  11. #469
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    Hopefully he gets to work in the summer then haha
    Just have to be patient. Jonas is a high character guy who's very eager to learn and improve. (Maybe too eager for his own good as I think it's a big part of his struggles that he wants to be doing better than he is)

    I don't know how much he can work on it in the summer. He can watch a lot of tape, but the best "work" for it is during games. That's the one good thing about playing for his national team. While the rules are a bit different, it's still the fastest and most skilled non-NBA basketball, and he needs as much high-level experience as possible at this stage. I thought summer league was a big mistake for him last year. Just wasted his time and maybe even instilled an unwarranted level of confidence because he was killing lesser competition.

  12. Like MixxAOR, KazanTheMan, Letter N liked this post
  13. #470
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If the Raptors ever play the Bulls in the playoffs its going to be intense. How many technicals were thrown? You could see JV's frustration out there. Lowry even with a fairly sh!t game (mainly due to his fouls) came through with that clutch 3. Too bad DeMar couldn't get that one passed Butler. Would have liked a better play but really DD was playing the best and he deserved to take that shot. Also helps with his confidence if he's ever put in that position again.

    Good game overall.. too bad they lost. Next three games should be gimmies (although Cleveland is playing much better).. have to win them all to keep the 3rd seed alive.

  14. #471
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    I want you to change the quote in your signature to: "Kazan WILL win us a championship". Please.
    lol, dont wanna get too cocky now.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  15. #472
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah........I don't particularly want to face this team in the first round of the playoffs.

  16. #473
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Yeah........I don't particularly want to face this team in the first round of the playoffs.
    I don't think anybody does.

    I disagree with Jack about the Nets though. Definitely not a sure thing because they're vets...but they've got no inside presence and no legs. Think the Raps have a decent chance, and think it would be the most fun series to win, for the "fuck you Pierce and Garnett!" perspective.

  17. #474
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't think anybody does.

    I disagree with Jack about the Nets though. Definitely not a sure thing because they're vets...but they've got no inside presence and no legs. Think the Raps have a decent chance, and think it would be the most fun series to win, for the "fuck you Pierce and Garnett!" perspective.
    Ya it'd be a tough series but i'd really enjoy it. Agreed with their interior game as well, JV literally looked like the Euro Shaq the last time we played them in Brooklyn, he could've dropped 35 in that game easily, KG and co literally had no interest (or ability) to stop him.
    The Bulls though...they're so smart, really exposed the youth of JV and Ross tonight with their intelligent cutting and stuff. No thx

  18. #475
    Raptors Republic Rookie secueritae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Did anyone notice Hansbrough tackle Dunleavy in the game? Didn't notice at first, but after careful observation I did.


  19. Like RaptorsForever, Nilanka, torch19, MACK11 liked this post
  20. #476
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    JV was a puppy tonight against the bulls 2 and 2? really? Watch the tape look what Hansbro does battling for position shorter and getting boards JV just does these dumb taps at the ball hes taller and a better leaper than Hansbro and he sucks at getting boards.

    He needs some serious drill work. It was so embarrassing Casey was right to pull him he was a complete no show, I can understand not scoring its the Bulls they dont give up paint baskets but at least get the board and go to the line, its pretty sad that a center never goes to the line.

  21. #477
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote secueritae wrote: View Post
    Did anyone notice Hansbrough tackle Dunleavy in the game? Didn't notice at first, but after careful observation I did.

    Dunleavy gave him a good shot though before the tackle.

  22. #478
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    9,480
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote secueritae wrote: View Post
    Did anyone notice Hansbrough tackle Dunleavy in the game? Didn't notice at first, but after careful observation I did.

    Funniest video ive ever seen ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahah ahaha
    Masai treats the Knicks like they are his personal farm team system, where he can cultivate assets for the future. It's not right or fair, but he's THE WARLORD

  23. #479
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Can anyone tell me what was Casey doing in the game yesterday?!


  24. #480
    Raptors Republic Starter TSF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Double dribble signal
    @Boymusic66

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •