Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rajan Rondo

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rajan Rondo

@WolstatSun: Sun sources: Raptors kicking the tires on Celtics star Rajon Rondo. Nothing close, but team high on him: http://t.co/tnDcVMhAEy

I'm all for it if Casey gets an extension. Both him and Rondo are defensive minded. Both are from Kentucky as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What would we give away?

And honestly, I like lowrys 3 point shooting + Lowry could be cheaper..
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would absolutely love if this happens. Love that kid's game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't actually think Rondo is that much better than Lowry... but..

He's a legit star (name/brand-wise). Bringing him in could be a stepping stone to adding another all-star down the line.

I wonder what a deal would look like though? Maybe Lowry and picks going back the other way?
    Last edited by imanshumpert; Tue Feb 18th, 2014 at 01:44 AM.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2 unprotected first round picks or a lottery pick + a talented young player?? no thanks.

We don't even know if this guy is the same player. He suffered a pretty serious injury last year. Tore his ACL and he hasn't played much at all this season.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry and a 2016 1st for Rondo? Haha.

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't excite me too much at all. Please no.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    We don't even know if this guy is the same player. He suffered a pretty serious injury last year. Tore his ACL and he hasn't played much at all this season.
    What we saw from him up to date this season proves that he's still the same... if there's something he's better, having added some 3 point shooting to his game.

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we are going to use draft pics, I'd rather keep Lowry and get a good young PF (Derrick Favors?) to grow with this team. Rondo has injury concerns plus attitude issues. I don't see it being a good fit.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The injury has made me so conflicted. Love the guy and what he has brought to the table in the past, but I still don't really know how I feel about this.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    What we saw from him up to date this season proves that he's still the same... if there's something he's better, having added some 3 point shooting to his game.
    um hes only played like 10 games this season. that hardly proves anything. nor does a 10 game run prove anything about his 3 point shooting. the guy hasn't EVER played a full season in his entire career and the closest he ever has was back in 2009.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry this season has been better than Rondo has ever played, maybe other than the playoffs when The Celtics won. But Lowry has been so good this year, giving him plus a first doesn't intrigue me.

Post Thanks / Like

The benefit of trading for Rondo is he is signed for one more year after this one, we could lose Lowry for nothing.

Rondo also seems to have a decent reputation around the league with players, he has won a championship and gets teammates involved, he may attract a good free agent this summer to put the team up another level.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There are various good reasons why to keep Lowry, and there are various good reasons why to have Rondo. I'm fine with both options.
    #FREE

15. Like Evia99 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Akkerman wrote: View Post
    Lowry this season has been better than Rondo has ever played, maybe other than the playoffs when The Celtics won. But Lowry has been so good this year, giving him plus a first doesn't intrigue me.
    rondo has been 1st team nba defensive twice and 2nd team nba defensive three times. let the league in assists twice and steals once. lowry has never touched those numbers. better scorer? yes. better all round player? not so sure

Post Thanks / Like

@BrettNBA: To be clear on the Raptors-Rondo rumor going around. Toronto doesn't intend to move Lowry right now.

@Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Realgm (via Spears/Yahoo) had this to say:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-pow...medium=twitter

Source said Kings and C's discussed a deal involving Isaiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and a pick for Rajon Rondo, but Rondo wasn't interested in re-signing with Sacramento and the Kings strongly value McLemore.
    So if this was true, the Kings basically offered two prospects and a pick. That would be like Toronto offering Ross, JV and a pick for Rondo. Even if Rondo indicates that he would be interested in re-signing with Toronto.. that's an expensive offer.

I like Rondo.. but he's not a very good offensive threat, and that could create a lot of problems considering they don't really have many offensive threats to begin with.

But Rondo is totally a guy that I could see TL wanting. He's a star player in the league. Some of it might be hype, but hype also helps lure other talent. Very intriguing.

Raptors Republic Starter japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

According the RealGM, Kings wanted to get Rondo for Isaiah Thomas, McLemore and draft picks, but trade didn't happen because of Rondo's lack of interest to sign long term with Kings. Would he want to sign extension with the Raptors? I'm not sure...

EDIT: Didn't see it was mentioned before
    (Sorry for poor English )

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Lowry fits better alongside DeRozan with his three point shooting. Rondo was once an elite defensive player, but I've heard mentioned numerous times that his interest on that side of the court isn't close to what it was earlier in his career. Add that to coming off a serious injury...oh and ya I'd be pissed if they gave up Ross or JV to get him!!
    Last edited by BigCamB; Tue Feb 18th, 2014 at 10:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Realgm (via Spears/Yahoo) had this to say:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-pow...medium=twitter

So if this was true, the Kings basically offered two prospects and a pick. That would be like Toronto offering Ross, JV and a pick for Rondo. Even if Rondo indicates that he would be interested in re-signing with Toronto.. that's an expensive offer.

I like Rondo.. but he's not a very good offensive threat, and that could create a lot of problems considering they don't really have many offensive threats to begin with.

But Rondo is totally a guy that I could see TL wanting. He's a star player in the league. Some of it might be hype, but hype also helps lure other talent. Very intriguing.
    Rondo seem more like a Casey guy. Casey is probably pushing this hard. I think it would be a three team trade NYK, TOR and BOS. Toronto gets Rondo, New York get Kyle Lowry and Boston gets that rookie from Knicks, raptor 2014 pick and Knicks 2016

@Chr1st1anL

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information