• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Would Have Thought?

So far for the month of March

Bargnani is averaging 14.3 points per 36 minutes
    Johnson is averaging 16.4 points per 36 minutes

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...e43O_Q5Y89PaB4
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Even though I like Johnson, he is only good for short spurts as he would probably foul out of every game if he was playing 36 minutes.

Bargs is a waste of a 7 foot frame though, all the talent but a heart the size of a pea, I'm over waiting for him to breakout, it will never happen till he grows some nuts.

Comment

Amir Johnson should be playing ahead of Bargnani.

The Raptors would be a better team with Amir playing more minutes.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
        Amir Johnson should be playing ahead of Bargnani.

The Raptors would be a better team with Amir playing more minutes.
        Just a shame that the likelihood of BC being able to retain Amir after this season right now is slim to none.

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
          Even though I like Johnson, he is only good for short spurts as he would probably foul out of every game if he was playing 36 minutes.

Bargs is a waste of a 7 foot frame though, all the talent but a heart the size of a pea, I'm over waiting for him to breakout, it will never happen till he grows some nuts.
          Johnson is not ready yet to play 30+ minutes.

However, he had another nice 21 minute game tonight. 13 and 6 with only 3 fouls. This time he even outscored Bargnani 13 to 11.

As I have said before I think Johnson should be ready for 20 - 25 mpg next season.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

What a meaningful statistic .... Andrea may not play great right now on offense, but defensive he is much improved and I am not talking only rebounds (boxing out, altering shots, keeping his man on check and so on). I am still not sold on Johnson, I would rather bet on Andrea.

Comment

If you want to not get killed on the offensive glass, have better defense and be the one killing other teams on the glass, playing Amir is a no brainer. Since he scores more efficiently (i.e., less wasted possessions) and seems to play well next to Bosh, there is absolutely no reason not to play him for as many minutes he can handle, even at the cost of Bargnani's minutes.

But at this point, it might be a little too late. If we'd played him more, we'd have won more games...

Comment

Working...
              X