Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumours

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trade Rumours

So we're basically a week and a half away from the trade deadline, I've heard rumours about Raptors still trying to trade Lowry, but is there any other rumours involving the Raptors?

If there's any trade news, post!

Post Thanks / Like

Lowry will still be a member of this team after the deadline. I can't see Ujiri making any major moves at the deadline.

Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

RR pool?

Number of trades involving at least one starting player:

Tiebreaker: total number of players traded

Time period is from Feb 10th inclusive till the deadline. Entries must be in by 5pm Feb 10th. Edits after that will disqualify you.
    Last edited by Scraptor; Mon Feb 10th, 2014 at 12:19 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to say 7 starters get traded and 44 players total.

As far as rumors go, sounds like Deng may get moved again.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see the raps bring in a big, rangey 3. Someone like Dorell Wright who's getting zero burn in Portland and I've always liked.

6. Like Letter N liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a rumour or anything but whatever

Post Thanks / Like

Or Po! I'd trade just about anyone or anything for Po.

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...rondo/5295879/

Brief article on possible trade situations. Unsurprisingly, the author ignored the Raptors, and there probably isn't anything in there that is surprising. However, it did report that some NBA exec's suggest that anyone not named Curry or Bogut is available from the Warriors. I find that hard to believe...but if it is the case then maybe the Raps can make a play for Iggy?

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's February 10th! Today is the day the Raptors can package a Sacramento player with another player together in a trade if they want.

11. Like ceez, CalgaryRapsFan, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

According to HoopsHype, Geff Green is being shopped hard by Danny Ainge and Atlanta is interested. Not sure how interested Toronto's would be in Green, but he would be one of few SF's available that could make T. Ross expendible in a trade. Green and Demar could work pretty well together since Green gives you essentialy the same things as Ross, but in a bigger body.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    According to HoopsHype, Geff Green is being shopped hard by Danny Ainge and Atlanta is interested. Not sure how interested Toronto's would be in Green, but he would be one of few SF's available that could make T. Ross expendible in a trade. Green and Demar could work pretty well together since Green gives you essentialy the same things as Ross, but in a bigger body.
    Ross is a really interesting conundrum. The Raps will not give up on him given his potential. But Demar's AS status on a super friendly contract makes him the likely valuable trade chip IMHO (along with Lowry). Again, not hating on DD but I just don't think Ross' 3 and D skillset is easy to ignore.
    ďThe saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.Ē - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Personally not a fan of Green. His game always seemed a little less of "does everything well" and more of "doesn't do much of anything very well".

I'd rather keep Ross, as the move wouldn't be a huge upgrade and Ross has potential.

15. Like Mediumcore, ceez, ebrian, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see the raptors shut down amir for the season, and trade lowry and derozan, but it isn't going to happen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Ross is a really interesting conundrum. The Raps will not give up on him given his potential. But Demar's AS status on a super friendly contract makes him the likely valuable trade chip IMHO (along with Lowry). Again, not hating on DD but I just don't think Ross' 3 and D skillset is easy to ignore.
    I've been trying to stay away from this line of thinking and just enjoy the good ball and upcoming playoff run. But at the same time I've been thinking about the Raps beyond this year (and refraining from posting those thoughts here) and I keep coming back to DD being the key trade chip if a roster shake up via trade is to happen.

I'm seeking the "He's our guy" confirmation from Casey. Whenever Casey anoints someone 'our guy' they are traded (see: Bargnani, Andrea and Gay, Rudy).
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I've been trying to stay away from this line of thinking and just enjoy the good ball and upcoming playoff run. But at the same time I've been thinking about the Raps beyond this year (and refraining from posting those thoughts here) and I keep coming back to DD being the key trade chip if a roster shake up via trade is to happen.

I'm seeking the "He's our guy" confirmation from Casey. Whenever Casey anoints someone 'our guy' they are traded (see: Bargnani, Andrea and Gay, Rudy).
    Conversely, every time Casey says that, the named player sucks.

19. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

DeRozan is really the only real asset this team has (age, talent, room for improvement, reasonable salary, under contract for a couple more seasons) that would return a high quality/priced player via trade.

Lowry's contract status likely diminishes his trade value, especially ahead of the 2014 draft.

JV & Ross are on rookie deals and wouldn't return much contract on their own. The Raps would try to use filler, while other teams would probably request additional assets.

Amir is the only other quality player under contract (non-rookie scale), but his injury history and inconsistent play likely diminish his trade value too. He's young, but the mileage on his body belies his age.

Players like Patterson, Vasquez, Hansborough, Novak and Salmons might have some trade value (or their contracts), especially for contending teams, but they're much more likely to return minor assets (ie: 2nd round pick) unless combined as part of a larger deal.

In all honesty, what other coveted assets does this team really have to offer in trade?

21. Like Letter N, ceez, mcHAPPY, Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    DeRozan is really the only real asset this team has (age, talent, room for improvement, reasonable salary, under contract for a couple more seasons) that would return a high quality/priced player via trade.

Lowry's contract status likely diminishes his trade value, especially ahead of the 2014 draft.

JV & Ross are on rookie deals and wouldn't return much contract on their own. The Raps would try to use filler, while other teams would probably request additional assets.

Amir is the only other quality player under contract (non-rookie scale), but his injury history and inconsistent play likely diminish his trade value too. He's young, but the mileage on his body belies his age.

Players like Patterson, Vasquez, Hansborough, Novak and Salmons might have some trade value (or their contracts), especially for contending teams, but they're much more likely to return minor assets (ie: 2nd round pick) unless combined as part of a larger deal.

In all honesty, what other coveted assets does this team really have to offer in trade?
    Well said. Lowry would bring good return IF the other team was convinced they could re-sign him, but we'd still have to haggle as they'd low ball likely to buy him cheaper. I could see the Knicks crawling back with the previous rumoured deal but otherwise, I don't see a deal happening.

If the team wants to make a splashy move, our draft picks are the only real asset. Personally, I don't want to trade away any picks, but if that is the direction the team wants to go, then I don't see what options are out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

Outside of draft picks? nothing.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Ross>>>Green
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Ross>>>Green
    My thoughts exactly, jeff green is making almost 9 mill a year. Seems to be a guy who can get hot from three but is average at almost everything. Don't trade away young assets for a guy like him.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information