Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anybody who boos John Salmons on Sunday is not a Raptors fan

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody who boos John Salmons on Sunday is not a Raptors fan

Following Friday's heart-breaker I found it fairly depressing (and sadly predictable) to see several comments on this site from 'fans' saying that they can't wait to boo Salmons in the next game he plays. While there can be no denying that he's currently stuck in a fairly dismal slump, and that his two missed free-throws against the Thunder were a major part of our collapse, the idea that he should be booed for this is absurd.

Players miss shots. It happens. He didn't do it intentionally, and likely feels that he let his team-mates down. The only option now, for Salmons, the team and the fans, is to try and move on from Friday and focus on the rest of the season.

The Raptors are attempting to secure home advantage for the play-offs - something very few people would have predicted at the start of the season. Like it or not Salmons has been a part of this journey, and the last thing the team needs is for the fans to turn against one of their own players for the heinous crime of missing a couple of big free-throws, raking up muck from a lost game when the only sensible (and decent) thing to do is move on. Anybody who decides to boo Salmons on Sunday or any other home match isn't supporting the Raptors.

2. Like Mack North, Scraptor, rocwell liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Better peeps stay calm. Shit happens. We have a right to blame Salmons, but it's just one game. He doesn't deserve any boos. Move on now.

Great tweet from Josh.

4. Like jamiemaca liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i havent read anyone actually booing him but yes i agree it would be lame.

6. Like isaacthompson, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Either they posted that while angry and have calmed down or they are pretty crappy fans.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's salmons to blame for being over used. Guy's NBA old, that isn't on him...

Doesn't mean I can't be a little bitter about it though. Certainly not deserving of a booing at the same time, more of an under the breath cursing and move on with life situation

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Better peeps stay calm. Shit happens. We have a right to blame Salmons, but it's just one game. He doesn't deserve any boos. Move on now.

Great tweet from Josh.
    I agree. Booing Salmons would be embarassing. Time to move on.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

10. Like Just Is, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Noone is gonna boo him he just fucked up its not his fault hes old as hell looooool Casey just shouldnt play him

We only boo assholes except for Rudy he didnt deserve any boo's
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a tight team....if that happens it could be very demoralizing for the team and lead to "fuck it" losses. If Greives wasnt called on that crap foul he probably would have been in and no need for Salmons.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

if fans boo him there all retards

if that happens dont be surprise if Klye lowry leaves and we dont get any free agents

Players want to come to a franchise where they know the fans will support them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Abbas wrote: View Post

if that happens dont be surprise if Klye lowry leaves and we dont get any free agents

I think Lowry is the biggest free agent for the Raptors.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jangles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we boo Casey instead?

16. Like OldSkoolCool, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Abbas wrote: View Post

Lowry already called out the fans for booing BARGNANI. It's just a terrible look for fans to boo the home team, let alone guys who are coming off injury or shouldn't be in the game.

Anyone who boos Salmons deserves a slap upside the head.

I think people should give him support and cheers, he was clearly beating himself up enough as it is.

18. Like Just Is, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post

I think people should give him support and cheers, he was clearly beating himself up enough as it is.
    This.

20. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a tweet that lewenberg had last night where salmons was devastated, head down, back towards lockeroom.

I coach kids and parents often scream from stands things like, "put the ball in the hoop!!" When a kid misses a layup. Last time it happened I turned around and said to him, "do you think he tried to miss?" Response: "what? Ummm..." Again, "do you think he tried to miss?" Response: "no." Me: Well leave him alone. With that *silence*

Salmons while making millions and 34 didn't try to miss. I'm pretty sure if he did he would be up on charges. So boo him? Fuck no. All that will do is make word around the league amongst players and not in a positive light. If guys were upset about booing Bargnani, you can only imagine how they'll feel listening to salmons get booed.

Shit happens...... And Ross should have been in the game..... Damn you Casey.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Another good tweet from Lewenberg.

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/...525440/photo/1

23. Like Just Is liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the last thing we want is a rep like Philly's fans

25. Like consmap liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ross was injured.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

27. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    There was a tweet that lewenberg had last night where salmons was devastated, head down, back towards lockeroom.

I coach kids and parents often scream from stands things like, "put the ball in the hoop!!" When a kid misses a layup. Last time it happened I turned around and said to him, "do you think he tried to miss?" Response: "what? Ummm..." Again, "do you think he tried to miss?" Response: "no." Me: Well leave him alone. With that *silence*

Salmons while making millions and 34 didn't try to miss. I'm pretty sure if he did he would be up on charges. So boo him? Fuck no. All that will do is make word around the league amongst players and not in a positive light. If guys were upset about booing Bargnani, you can only imagine how they'll feel listening to salmons get booed.

Shit happens...... And Ross should have been in the game..... Damn you Casey.
    Ross had a minor hip injury and was left out just as a precaution.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Yeah, the last thing we want is a rep like Philly's fans
    They booed Santa Claus!
    http://www.snopes.com/holidays/chris...iladelphia.asp

30. Like white men can't jump liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Booing is a part of the fan experience when at a game. Unfortunately sometimes it is easier to boo your own team than it is the opposition when the team or a player on that team made a mistake. Sometimes booing is done not at a specific player but at an organization that has put a lousy team together.

With that said.. this year's Raptors (except for the first 20 or so games) have been so good. There should be no reason to boo any player that is on this squad. It would be shameful if that happened. But you can't control what others do. Heck people still boo when they don't get a free slice of cardboard.

If someone does boo Salmons at the game I hope someone else that's sitting next to that person blasts them one. Salmon's confidence is shaken. A lot of sport is mental. Don't want to make it worse on the guy when he's going to be an important cog for the playoffs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information