Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Raps acquire De Colo from Spurs for Daye

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    @BuycksWorld13: Imma grind until I get it.. Know that.. #GTST

Just posted this. Do we know if any of JuJu or Buycks will be cut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They really need to dump one of them and maybe look at the D-League for a backup C or 3, even if on 10-day contracts. No point in having Buycks in street clothes and Stone riding the pine every game.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Grantland's Trade Deadline diary (with Simmons and Lowe) comment on all things trade deadline including the Raptors blockbuster:
    http://grantland.com/features/the-trade-deadline-diary/

Zach Lowe (3:10 PM EST)
    Hold up! One for the buzzer! The Raps trade Austin Daye for Nando De Colo! I actually like that one for Toronto. De Colo is interesting, with a weird skill set and some high-level national experience. Daye has basically done nothing in the NBA beyond having his agent call every team he’s been on to complain about his lack of playing time. But long ago he projected as semi-stretch power forward, and if you’re the Spurs (Hubie Brown mode: engaged!) and you have a million marginal NBA ball handlers, why not flip one for Darren Daye’s kid?

Bill Simmons (3:12 PM EST)
    The Spurs go through stretch-4’s like Leo goes through models. Is that really it? We’re ending on “Austin Daye for Nando De Colo”?
    If Lowe is happy about the trade then it's got to be pretty good

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Toronto Raptors: B-

In limited minutes this season, de Colo has actually put up a respectable 13.5 PER. The development of young guards Patty Mills and Cory Joseph made him expendable to the Spurs, but with the Raptors, he has a chance to supplantJulyan Stone and Dwight Buycks as an insurance fourth guard. De Colo's ability to play both guard spots is a plus.

@Chr1st1anL

4. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seem like Nando was a great teammate

@DGreen_14: @NandoDeColo good luck man! You will be missed

@InfoManu: @NandoDeColo Mucha suerte Nando, te deseamos lo mejor en tu nueva etapa! cc @Vereete

@Patty_Mills: @NandoDeColo wish you all the very best Nando's! Good luck mate

@Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Tony Parker will come to Toronto when he becomes a free agent

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Maybe Tony Parker will come to Toronto when he becomes a free agent
    Meh. I like Parker's game a lot...but he'll be 33 when he's a free agent (realize you're mostly joking, but still).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Toronto Raptors: B-

In limited minutes this season, de Colo has actually put up a respectable 13.5 PER. The development of young guards Patty Mills and Cory Joseph made him expendable to the Spurs, but with the Raptors, he has a chance to supplantJulyan Stone and Dwight Buycks as an insurance fourth guard. De Colo's ability to play both guard spots is a plus.

I do not see how this is not an A+.

We got a guard who can play PG or SG and who got 12 mins per game ON THE SPURS for a guy who apparently played in 8 games this year (Can't remember seeing him on the courts ever)
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    I do not see how this is not an A+.

We got a guard who can play PG or SG and who got 12 mins per game ON THE SPURS for a guy who apparently played in 8 games this year (Can't remember seeing him on the courts ever)
    I don't think getting a 3rd string point guard warrants an A+.

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I wonder what kind of dumb nicknames Matt Devlin is gonna come up with for NANDO DE COLO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I don't think getting a 3rd string point guard warrants an A+.

I think it's for the quality of the deal specifically...getting a combo guard who could be an insurance PG or limited minute backup SG....for Austin Daye. I mean, it's not like De Colo has been anything special, but turning a piece you aren't using for a piece you may use has no real negative to it.

Overall, it's not an A+ I suppose if you consider deals they didn't make...but it's hard to take off points for those, because they may have not been good deals in the end.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Pop cant do anything with Daye hes a legitimate Bust.

13. Like OldSkoolCool, Just Is liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I think it's for the quality of the deal specifically...getting a combo guard who could be an insurance PG or limited minute backup SG....for Austin Daye. I mean, it's not like De Colo has been anything special, but turning a piece you aren't using for a piece you may use has no real negative to it.

Overall, it's not an A+ I suppose if you consider deals they didn't make...but it's hard to take off points for those, because they may have not been good deals in the end.
    The trade grade was spot on. On the surface, it's a B to a B- move. We're not talking about a guy who's a starter and is going to make a major impact on this team. He will be what he was for the Spurs- an end of the rotation guard that you can plug in for Lowry or Vasquez on occasion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Yeah, it's pretty hard to tell how good something is if it never happened...
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    The trade grade was spot on. On the surface, it's a B to a B- move. We're not talking about a guy who's a starter and is going to make a major impact on this team. He will be what he was for the Spurs- an end of the rotation guard that you can plug in for Lowry or Vasquez on occasion.

Well, the B- grade is for the team's trade deadline. At least htat's what I thought. I don't know what the source is, so I can't really comment beyond that. It's a low-impact move. But making any move with literally zero risk is always an A in itself. It's just like getting an A for something that's negligible on your overall final grade (putting a school context to full use).

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what's funny about this trade? the Knicks i think could really use a guy like De Colo. But they were too focused on big name players like Rondo and Lowry and Teague even though they don't have any assets to trade for any of those guys.

De Colo i think is good enough to battle Felton for their starting PG position. Specially with the way Felton is playing.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    You know what's funny about this trade? the Knicks i think could really use a guy like De Colo. But they were too focused on big name players like Rondo and Lowry and Teague even though they don't have any assets to trade for any of those guys.

De Colo i think is good enough to battle Felton for their starting PG position. Specially with the way Felton is playing.
    The Knicks are just awesomely bad. Such a mess. I'm really sad the trade deadline has passed, because now we won't be getting as many crazy Knicks-related rumours to make us laugh.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually really loving what I'm seeing from Nando De Colo. They're just highlights and I know you shouldn't try and take too much from them but it seems like he's really crafty when it comes to getting into the paint. Even though he isn't very quick he's able to get into pain often. Also he's a good finisher when he gets in there. He makes a lot of tough layups from looking at the highlights. But the thing I like about him the most is his passing ability. He actually hits the roller a lot. We always say Jonas and Amir gets no touches in the pick an roll, mainly because Derozan and Lowry aren't good at hitting the roller, well De Colo looks like he's pretty good at that. He just seems like he has really good court vision. I also noticed he's good at making that hockey assist. It's almost like he seems the whole play forming before everyone else. So he sets up the whole play by making that first pass which leads to the assist. I'm obviously getting ahead of myself but I actually think he can really help us. And he's a good enough shooter that you can't just leave him open so that's a plus as well. We'll see. I think he can get some good minutes as the back up shooting guard. Having three guys coming of the bench in Vasquez, Salmons and De Colo that can handle the ball and run plays can't hurt. Hopefully he works out the way I'm envisioning.

20. Like caccia liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Paint*

Post Thanks / Like

Will De Colo be a UFA after this season? I hope we get a chance to see enough of him to see if we want to keep him around.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote wjf wrote: View Post
    will de colo be a ufa after this season? I hope we get a chance to see enough of him to see if we want to keep him around.
    rfa
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Thread Information