X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryanc123 wrote: View Post
    No, you couldn't...
    YES I COULD RYAN...gosssh
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      If you plant me in the corner and my only job is to shoot 3s in the Spurs offense, (don't expect anything but hard fouls on D from me) I bet I could go off for at least 9 points
      Just 9 pts?? Pshh... amateur..

Comment

• Daye put up 22pts against this year's SIXERS..the SIXERS AFTER THE TRADE DEADLINE! Look how wide open they left Daye open, he had to nail them, or else Pop wouldn't be playing him. Plus Pop is being blunt to Philly that he is not wasting his big 7-players' energy on them. So he is emptying his bench at them including Austin Daye. Besides the Sixers sucking and letting the Spurs scrubs score over 20, Daye is taking advantage of the Pop-system that night and made the most of it.
        Now imagine if Bargs joins the Spurs as well...we are seeing many of our hypotheses brought to life with Daye as an example.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Ginobli and Duncan have PER scores of over 20. Parker is 19.7. Parker was an MVP candidate last season. If you don't think Parker and Duncan are "elite" players, then you need to watch more basktetball.
          My remarks were meant to be facetious. Lowry has a 20.3 PER. DD is at 18.5 and improving. Yet the common refrain is that we need to acquire an elite player to contend, because no one on the current squad has elite potential.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            My remarks were meant to be facetious. Lowry has a 20.3 PER. DD is at 18.5 and improving. Yet the common refrain is that we need to acquire an elite player to contend, because no one on the current squad has elite potential.
            I love Kyle and Demar but you are doing a vast disservice to San Antonio.

I think many Raps fans need to wait and see what happens in the playoffs before making any assumptions about our ability to contend as currently constructed.

Comment

3 Hall-of-Fame players, 1 Hall-of-Fame coach, over a decade of stability and chemistry, and one of the best run offenses in league history and you're comparing PERs.

outta her with your shoehorned argument.

Comment

• Again, I was facetious about the SAS. Yes they are championship contenders, but not because they have a transcendent, franchise-altering mega-star (Duncan was, Parker was close) that so many seem to feel is a necessity for championship contention. Of all players with 1000+ minutes this year, their big 3 rank 21st, 25th and 31st in PER. However, that is a superb core. They also have a great coach, a great system and a deep deep team.

I think we have to wait even longer than the playoffs before making a truly educated assumption about the Raps. Will Lowry resign and continue to play at an elite level? How many of DD, JV and Ross will continue to improve and how much? How much can MU improve the bench, which is painfully thin in offensive talent.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• someone call the Spurs for me and sign me to a ten day contract. I got shit to prove
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    someone call the Spurs for me and sign me to a ten day contract. I got shit to prove
                    I'm fairly confident that we could build a team from RR members that would at least hang in there with the Sixers.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                      3 Hall-of-Fame players, 1 Hall-of-Fame coach, over a decade of stability and chemistry, and one of the best run offenses in league history and you're comparing PERs.

outta her with your shoehorned argument.
                      slaw brought up PER, not me.

The 3 Hall-of Famers are all on the downside of their careers. Are any of the 3 among the 5 or even 10 best players in the league at this point in time? Yet they are the best team in the NBA and have as good a shot of winning the title as anyone.

Comment

slaw brought up PER, not me.

The 3 Hall-of Famers are all on the downside of their careers. Are any of the 3 among the 5 or even 10 best players in the league at this point in time? Yet they are the best team in the NBA and have as good a shot of winning the title as anyone.
                        I think if you actually ranked all the players in the league you'd have a better ranking for the Spurs starting 5 then you would for almost any team. I could only see teams like the Clippers, Heat, Pacers and maybe Thunder being ahead of them through those rankings. And if you go further deep and look at their top 8 (realistically who would play in playoff games) I think the Spurs would be even higher, just behind the Clippers.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                          I think if you actually ranked all the players in the league you'd have a better ranking for the Spurs starting 5 then you would for almost any team. I could only see teams like the Clippers, Heat, Pacers and maybe Thunder being ahead of them through those rankings. And if you go further deep and look at their top 8 (realistically who would play in playoff games) I think the Spurs would be even higher, just behind the Clippers.
                          I agree, although I may not even include the Pacers.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            I'm fairly confident that we could build a team from RR members that would at least hang in there with the Sixers.
                            i am beyond out of shape but i have a good feeling i could bottle up Byron Mullens
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Even a team of the worst players in the NBA (which would include multiple 76'ers) would make posters here look like a team of cub scouts with hangovers.

#realitycheck

Comment

Lowry is elite. However to contend you need at least 3, with a strong supporting cast. I would also argue that Amir is almost in the elite category, but 3rd fiddle type elite.

DD is definitely not elite. He has waaaaaaay to many flaws. [/end]

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                Parker is yes. He has put up yet another great season.

Manu is having his back to form from when he was an elite 6th man...so I would also say yes

Duncan has gotten better this year and has learned how to play as an old man, he may no longer be as elite, but I would never count him out of dropping 22-12 on any given night with fantastic defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X