No announcement yet.

Raps acquire De Colo from Spurs for Daye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all seriousness this guy is a decent combo guard who was getting 12 minutes per game on the Spurs last year and this year. If he can get 12 minutes per game on the Spurs, he can do that here. We've been needing a backup SG and de Colo fits the bill, while also giving us some more insurance at PG. Daye was our 15th man and doesn't even dress most nights.

We just swapped a guy we grabbed for the min in the offseason for a player that was drafted by and got decent minutes on the Spurs. A win any way you slice it.
    Last edited by Primer; Thu Feb 20, 2014, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Nando De Colo will have a career year as a Raptors.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I listened to Masai on siriusxm yesterday.

Main message was patience and baby steps
        A backup C is a baby step. Tyler Zeller was being shopped for Reggie Bullock for wing relief for the Cavs. SA is using Daye on the wing... Bullock is younger but maybe Daye plus a vet for Cleveland's playoff push could have worked.

Obviously just thinking out loud and we don't know what went on in the FO.... but on the face of it, doesn't make a ton of sense that we'll have had six point guards come through here (incl Augustin) this year without a single major injury.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          In all seriousness this guy is a decent combo guard who was getting 12 minutes per game on the Spurs last year and this year. If he can get 12 minutes per game on the Spurs, he can do that here. We've been needing a backup SG and de Colo fits the bill, while also giving us some more insurance at PG. Daye was our 15th man and doesn't even dress most nights.

We just swapped a guy we grabbed for the min in the offseason for a player that was drafted by and got decent minutes on the Spurs. A win any way you slice it.
          Agrees need someone to cut down the minutes that DD getting. Ross better get his act together now. His not the only option now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I didn't even know Daye was a Raptors until today :|

Comment

So uh... the un announced trade.... what?
              @Boymusic66

Comment

So what do the Spurs get out of this? Am I missing something? I guess it gives Corey more minutes, but that's it.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                  who? Colo?
                  I think you need to stick to your job of making wack, bogus trades.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    I think you need to stick to your job of making wack, bogus trades.
                    ahahahahababaababha
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      So what do the Spurs get out of this? Am I missing something? I guess it gives Corey more minutes, but that's it.
                      Patty Mills has been rocking out for the Spurs. They needed help on the wing more than a fourth PG.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                        Spurs run systems and Daye might fit

De colo might not have been happy.

Might be a favour to his agent?

Just making shit up here

Comment

Does anyone understand the significance of this trade, because I don't get it. Daye was useless sure but he only had a guarantee of $250K for next season. He would have been all but waived in my opinion. De Colo has a $1.8M QO next season.

We have enough guards. If Lowry bails, De Colo isn't going to help much anyway. Is it just a matter of trading a really useless player for a guy that might not be as useless?

Comment

Masai Just turned Austin freakin' Daye into someone who can actually play basketball, How can you not be happy? Plus Austin was owed 250k next season as well while De Colo is flat out an expiring
                            #BringBackUzoh

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Does anyone understand the significance of this trade, because I don't get it. Daye was useless sure but he only had a guarantee of $250K for next season. He would have been all but waived in my opinion. De Colo has a $1.8M QO next season.

We have enough guards. If Lowry bails, De Colo isn't going to help much anyway. Is it just a matter of trading a really useless player for a guy that might not be as useless?
                              Daye never coming back saves $250k

De colo should help this year.... Certainly should be more useful than Daye has been, no?

Vasquez has proven hit or miss.

Raps can always rescind QO and save $250k

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

We don't have enough guards though. Who is our backup SG? Lately it's been Vasquez or Lowry in a 2 PG lineup. de Colo is a combo guard and can play backup SG for us. Swap his 12 minutes per game over to our lineup and Derozan doesn't need to play 40 minutes per game anymore.
                                Also, Stone and Buycks are terrible and could be waived without anyone noticing, so I really wouldn't count them as guards on our roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X