No announcement yet.

Raps acquire De Colo from Spurs for Daye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Colo is just assurance cause Massai knows he won't be able to resign Vasquez with the money he about to throw at K Low and PATMAN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Maybe Colo is just assurance cause Massai knows he won't be able to resign Vasquez with the money he about to throw at K Low and PATMAN.

Maybe but I would also pay attention to his comment about possibly being able to pursue things they were looking at now over the summer.

Comment

Also a good point. We could let Vasquez walk and probably resign de Colo for around $2M per year to fulfill a backup PG/SG role.

Comment

If the press conference started already and has Masai spoken? If yes, what did he say??
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Getting anybody from the Spurs can't be considered anything, but a win. Love their whole system, class act.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Daye never coming back saves $250k

De colo should help this year.... Certainly should be more useful than Daye has been, no?

Vasquez has proven hit or miss.

Raps can always rescind QO and save $250k
              Maybe he's going to replace GV next season. GV can be renounced, and they'll save some money (no more cap hold) and could make a play in free agency (assuming they waive Fields or Hayes or both and keep Lowry).

De Colo's cap hold is $1.9M. GV's is $5.3M

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Maybe but I would also pay attention to his comment about possibly being able to pursue things they were looking at now over the summer.
                Saw that on twitter as well. I like that better. I feel more comfortable acquiring Rondo in the off season. Seeing if his back to his norm.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yep sure looks like an insurance move, either open the vault to Lowry and thus we let Vasquez become a free agent and keep Colo as primary backup, or we keep Vasquez & Colo in case Lowry decides to bolt to another team.

Either way we decided to roll the dice with Lowry.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FqOKDdYJuk

He looks like he can definitely shoot the 3 consistently. Something vasquez struggles with

Comment

Chuck likes the move

@swirsk054: I like the Nando de Colo trade for Raps

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FqOKDdYJuk

He looks like he can definitely shoot the 3 consistently. Something vasquez struggles with
                        Their 3 point percentages are pretty close career wise. Vasquez's shooting percentage is better this year than De Colo's .

Comment

DID SOMEONE SAY CULOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO? OH ITS COLO CLOSE ENOUGH ITS PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2N7POlWaEE#t=24

Comment

^ best signature ever
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                              ^ best signature ever
                              ahahahahah thanks

Comment

This is a very Masai move, just as signing Daye in the first place was a Masai move; it's a risk-free transaction with some potential for upside, and if it doesn't work out, so what?

Comment

Working...
                                X