No announcement yet.

The Unofficial Buyout/Late-Season Signing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumours flying that the Sixers are talking with Danny Granger about a buyout.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
      Orlando Johnson was just cut by the Pacers. He is a really good dude, young but wise, and a sharpshooter. Mr. Masai should consider signing him before anyone else does. The team needs another wing player.
      That dude is cheese fest in Myteam mode in 2k14. I swear every guy has that dude on his team and he drains pretty much every three he takes. Its annoying as hell

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
        Rumours flying that the Sixers are talking with Danny Granger about a buyout.
        We need a small forward! Even if Granger is but a shadow of his former self, due to his knees, the guy is still clutch.

Comment

We need a small forward! Even if Granger is but a shadow of his former self, due to his knees, the guy is still clutch.
          And it would likely be a minimum deal to come off the bench. Would definitely be worth considering. Would he consider TO though? Can see a few top teams looking into him...anyone who could use wing depth/insurance basically

Comment

Wouldn't mind him off the bench. But i'm afraid casey will start him and bench T Ross indefinitely

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              And it would likely be a minimum deal to come off the bench. Would definitely be worth considering. Would he consider TO though? Can see a few top teams looking into him...anyone who could use wing depth/insurance basically
              From reading the various insider type rumors out there, it seems like Granger wants to be bought-out so he can sign with a title contender. However, Philly likes the idea of keeping him for his Bird-rights, to use as an asset in an offseason S&T deal.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this, but I hope Philly stands their ground and keeps him on their roster, even if he doesn't play. I hate moves like this where players use loopholes to make the best teams better (Davis is another example). It would be better to see players waived after the trade deadline treated like amnestied players, where teams bid on them, with lowest ranked teams getting the first choice to sign them.

Comment

Initial rumours are the Spurs and Heat may look to sign him. Not sure he goes to the Heat. Not a great opportunity in a crowded wing situation.

Spurs, Clippers, Portland, even Houston...are all teams I think he could fit and get good playing time. Still have to consider it's essentially a contract year for him, and going to the Heat to be a seldom-used player is basically admitting he'll be a minimum-value guy from here on out. Can see him preferring a team where he gets the chance to play (*cough* Toronto *cough*) so that maybe he can pursue a mid-level type deal in the summer. Maybe even OKC.

Comment

Stein's take: http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...-decide-future

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    From reading the various insider type rumors out there, it seems like Granger wants to be bought-out so he can sign with a title contender. However, Philly likes the idea of keeping him for his Bird-rights, to use as an asset in an offseason S&T deal.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this, but I hope Philly stands their ground and keeps him on their roster, even if he doesn't play. I hate moves like this where players use loopholes to make the best teams better (Davis is another example). It would be better to see players waived after the trade deadline treated like amnestied players, where teams bid on them, with lowest ranked teams getting the first choice to sign them.
                    He'll be an UFA though. They'll have his bird rights, but that's a very minor factor when a guy isn't likely to get a big or long deal. Can't see it as a very big asset, or a situation where it will necessarily be in Granger's best interest to agree to a S&T.

Then there's also the politics of the league. Philly forces him to stay on their roster even if he's unhappy, they also piss off his agent and create some negativity around their franchise. And Philly already doesn't have the best reputation as a city/organization to play for.

Comment

You win

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Wouldn't mind him off the bench. But i'm afraid casey will start him and bench T Ross indefinitely
                        Vets win games
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Bobcats are in buyout talks with Ben Gordon, Pistons talking with Charlie Villaneuva.

I would say "nnnnnnope" to both of them.

Comment

I would consider signing Gordon as our sixh man. We need a scorer on our second unit and Salmons looks content just to pass up shots. Slamons and Gordon on the wing, sounds good to me

Comment

We just added De Colo to play along side Salmons...why would we go out and sign Gordon now?

Comment

There's also an infusion of talented players about to be available as the Chinese/European leagues end for the year. There are even players who remain unsigned from the summer available. The question is whether management is willing to spend even more money on players who aren't even on the roster this year. They already waived Augustine and Quentin Richardson, bought out Camby, and amnestied Kleiza. According to Basketball-reference.com, the Raptors are less than a million under the luxury tax line, and have a cap hit of almost $8mil from players no longer on the roster already. I just don't think Ujiri makes any further moves, regardless ofhow mmuch we might need to make one :S
                                Being a Toronto Raptors fan is like being in an abusive relationship... Every time you've reached your breaking point after years of disappointment and neglect, they do just enough to give you hope for the future... Only to let you down again.

Here's hoping 2014-2015 breaks the cycle!!! #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                                X