No announcement yet.

Why Is It So Important To Retain Bosh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Is It So Important To Retain Bosh?

I want him to return as much as the next fan, but when you look at his career with us over the last 7 seasons .... really, what has he done?

For this team, not himself.

Perhaps parting ways and rebuilding in a different direction is what this team needs.

This is Chris Bosh’s seventh, and possibly last season with the Toronto Raptors — and to date not a single playoff round has been won in that time.

That will not change this year, assuming the Raptors qualify for the playoffs, which at this stage is no sure thing.

Which begs the question: Why all the angst over whether Bosh stays with the Raptors or leaves? As great a player as he is, as good a person as he has seemed to be, as solid a basketball citizen as he has been in Toronto, it hasn’t translated to any real success of any kind for the Raptors.

They have had one great regular season in seven through Bosh’s growing from young man to adult. One great regular season that still wound up with a first-round elimination. This has been Bosh’s best NBA season, yet the Raptors flounder from game to game, month to month lacking an identity, bouncing from disinterest to interest, from no passion to passionate. They are more a collection of players than they are any kind of team.

This is not necessarily Bosh’s doing. It is far easier to point fingers at the general manager, the coach, and the rest of his teammates. But on the court, he’s still the focal point. The player you build around. And through seven seasons, the Raptors have yet to build anything meaningful around Bosh. They don’t contend with him, and soon they may have to adapt to not contending without him.
    Source - Click here

The Raptors would have been very successful over the last four seasons if Colangelo had have given Bosh a high quality supporting cast. Something which he still has a chance to do in future seasons.

That is why Toronto should be so concerned about keeping Bosh ... because he creates an opportunity to build a very good-to-excellent team.
    nbaroundtable

Comment

Although, I must say, I think the downside of losing Bosh is regularly over-done.

So long as the Raptors do not take back bad contracts for not good enough talent ... they'll be able to enter a rebuilding process straight away. A couple of good draft picks + trades of some of the dead weight + new found cap space and the Raptors can rebuild their franchise in a hurry ... so long as they do not take back any dumb contracts.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

In my opinion the Raptors need to retain CB4 and get rid of Bargnani.

Bargnani's contract is not so bad that some team wouldn't take a flyer on him.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Because he is a top ten player you can build around like someone said already its just the supporting cast BC has gotten is just good on Offence, but they cant stop anyone. They are a true center and wing player(which DD will become with time) away from being succesful.
          "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            In my opinion the Raptors need to retain CB4 and get rid of Bargnani.

Bargnani's contract is not so bad that some team wouldn't take a flyer on him.
            Bargnani should have gone at the trade deadline when his stock would have been fairly high still.

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
              The Raptors would have been very successful over the last four seasons if Colangelo had have given Bosh a high quality supporting cast. Something which he still has a chance to do in future seasons.

That is why Toronto should be so concerned about keeping Bosh ... because he creates an opportunity to build a very good-to-excellent team.

Well that is pretty much it, Colangelo couldn't give Bosh the high quality supporting cast in the 4 years he was here, what makes you think he will do so in the future?

Worst case scenerio Bosh leaves so we just follow the Grizzlies Model like they did when they traded Pau Gasol, suck hard for 3 years while collecting high draft picks. Today thanks to that the Grizzlies are a strong team which is much better then the current formula of overpaying or trading for players who's best seasons are behind them and becoming mediocre forever.

Comment

Because no matter how bad looks, CB4 is the best Raptors can have at this moment. The success or the lack of success doesn't have to do with one player, is the Raptors organization that failed to build the team that is suppose to a contender. Raptors high-level management ( above Collangelo ) and owners are the ones who cares only about selling tickets not necessary by meaning of winning but keeping the hope of payers alive. To blame on CB4 the failure is just wrong, CB4 is doing his job most of the time, it is not his fault the team is design to melt down when it matters the most.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Colangelo couldn't give Bosh the high quality supporting cast in the 4 years he was here, what makes you think he will do so in the future?
                  There are no good reasons for Colangelo not being able to build a quality supporting cast.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

BC has done his best to put a good supporting cast together. He brought in Germain O'neal last year to try the more conventional center thing and it turns out Bosh doesn't play well with someone in the low post. So we have Bargs, someone who spreads the floor and gives Bosh more room to operate, something people undervalue. So when JO failed BC decided to get a playmaker to help Bosh in Hedo: result was a fail. So now the suggestion is switch Bargnani out for a "true" center? So then we get too watch Bosh shoot that stupid jumper over and over again since he can't post up low and won't be able to drive with some big center clogging the interior. I think its time we face the fact Bosh is not the type of player you build a team around, he's the kind of player you build a team with. I'm not saying he isn't a phenomenal player, he's just not the player you build around. It's sort of like Boozer with the Jazz, he's good (not as good as Bosh) but Derron Williams is the franchise. You put Bosh with someone like that and you'll get his real value.
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

"A chain is no stronger than its weakest link (was pg position at last year)."

Man I couldn't agree more and I think PG is still the problem (JJ is better but still gets beat a lot). I really think if this team resigns Bosh the only way they will ever have success is to get a really good defensive minded point guard. Jason Kidd or Gary Payton type player.
                      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                      X