Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Game #56: Orlando Magic 90 - Toronto Raptors 105

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Yolo De Colo got some hustle
    JESUS why have I never heard that nickname before. Yolo. De. Colo.

And you have to give JV looks. You absolutely have to. You think the Pacers stopped feeding Hibbert in the second year because he wasn't looking that great? You gotta keep giving your high-potential big man those looks.

I do agree that he should be given the ball in a variety of positions though- although I'd say that for about every offensive player on the team. Our offence isn't creative.
    @Boymusic66

2. Like caccia liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    This I think, is what most people would advocate. I mean, Jonas had absolutely no post game last year at all. The fact that he's shown any budding moves is a good sign...but our O is all wrong for what his biggest strength is, which is catching and finishing on the move, such as in the p'n'r.

I'd like for him to get more touches, but only as a side effect, and not by forcefeeding him in the post. Just wish they ran a better, more varied O. I mean, there are entire games where Jonas doesn't receive a single pass as the roll man. Just re-reading that it sounds totally ludicrous, for any big man in general. And add to that Amir and Tyler are both good roll men too....it's just nuts.

I really wish Lowry was better at running p'n'r. For a guy who has actual starter talent, he's really insanely bad at running the most basic two-man play in the history of basketball. And our offence has settled into a perimeter-oriented, jumpshot heavy "system".
    Exactly. That's the problem. None of our perimeter players are good at running the pick and roll, especially Demar. Demar doesn't even look at the big man when they set a screen for him. This is where we really miss Jose man. Amir is one of the best in the league at finishing on the pick and roll and that was the one thing JV was good at and known for when he came into the league. The fact that we aren't able to run it because our guards aren't comfortable passing to the roller is really sad. JV would look sooo much better if he was consistently getting touches in the pick and roll.

Post Thanks / Like

I really wish we had a better offensive coach. I love what Casey has done with this team defensively but think about if we a George Karl or someone like that running this team. Our offense would be crazy good. The only thing is it would probably hurt our defense and I rather defense than offense. The best thing would be to get a really good offensive assistant coach because Nicki Nurse doesn't seem to be good enough. He's definitely helped but I feel we need someone better.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    I really wish we had a better offensive coach. I love what Casey has done with this team defensively but think about if we a George Karl or someone like that running this team. Our offense would be crazy good. The only thing is it would probably hurt our defense and I rather defense than offense. The best thing would be to get a really good offensive assistant coach because Nicki Nurse doesn't seem to be good enough. He's definitely helped but I feel we need someone better.
    Hard to know what the impact is with Nurse. Could he do better if Casey value/used his input more? Is Casey relying on him a lot and it's just not making a huge improvement? Don't know. No clue what the internal workings of the coaching staff are like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Hard to know what the impact is with Nurse. Could he do better if Casey value/used his input more? Is Casey relying on him a lot and it's just not making a huge improvement? Don't know. No clue what the internal workings of the coaching staff are like.
    That's very true. Knowing how stubborn Casey is there's a good chance he isn't taking the input Nurse might be giving him. Because our offense could honestly be so much better with this personnel

7. Like caccia liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Jonas, but it can be a frightening adventure watching him operate in the Low Post. If his Footwork doesn't trip him up then his stone hands could fumble the ball at any moment! I agree he needs more touches in the pick and roll.

Liking what I'm seeing from Ross going off the dribble the last few games. His handles look good and with his really soft touch he finishes the floaters and short jumpers very well.
    Last edited by BigCamB; Sun Feb 23rd, 2014 at 11:55 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's very true. Knowing how stubborn Casey is there's a good chance he isn't taking the input Nurse might be giving him. Because our offense could honestly be so much better with this personnel
    And how exactly do you know how stubborn Casey is, The only good chance is that you have no clue (not that I or any poster on this board have either) how much of Nurse's input is being utilized, But by all means keep making baseless accusations and extrapolations. Us smart, Casey stupid.

10. Like salmon liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to know that the Raptors can not show up and still end up beating the Magic by almost 20 points.

Good time to be a fan.

12. Like salmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just basing it off of how much Casey continues to do certain things even when it's not working. I'm assuming that's part of him being stubborn but yes you are correct I don't know for sure.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Another pedestrian win. It's funny that when the Raps (aka bad team) would hang with teams for the first half, "good teams" would kick their ass in the 3rd qtr, then coast. Now the situation is reversed, and the Raps doing the 3rd qtr ass-kicking is "bad".

lol, yeah, I'd like to see a little more urgency in the 1st half too, but geeez, this young core is producing at a 25-13 clip. There's a ton more to like than not!

15. Like stooley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote salmon wrote: View Post
    Another pedestrian win. It's funny that when the Raps (aka bad team) would hang with teams for the first half, "good teams" would kick their ass in the 3rd qtr, then coast. Now the situation is reversed, and the Raps doing the 3rd qtr ass-kicking is "bad".

lol, yeah, I'd like to see a little more urgency in the 1st half too, but geeez, this young core is producing at a 25-13 clip. There's a ton more to like than not!
    This is true. I'll try to calm down with my worrying over their slow starts. I just don't want it to hurt them in the long run because it seems to be becoming a habit.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not the slow starts where they keep it close against bad teams that are worrying...it's the bad starts against good teams that end up with them stuck 15 after 1...

I was ok with their start today against the Magic. They never let the Magic turn it up on them even though they were struggling on offense themselves

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"Johnson left Sunday's game against the Magic after being kicked in the ankle and did not return. He is not expected to play in Tuesday's game against the Cavaliers. "

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    "Johnson left Sunday's game against the Magic after being kicked in the ankle and did not return. He is not expected to play in Tuesday's game against the Cavaliers. "
    Who said he isn't expected to play tomorrow night?

20. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is this a quote from?

EDIT: Whoops, Doc beat me.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Where is this a quote from?

EDIT: Whoops, Doc beat me.
    It's from covers site. They have many sport insiders... by insiders I mean mostly bookies not PR guys.

Injuries are changing everyday and you never know what's going to happen 45mins b4 the game, but I've been in "betting world" for the past 5 years and covers are the best in the business when it comes to early and correct information. I caught many lower spreads with great odds because of them.
    Last edited by rocwell; Mon Feb 24th, 2014 at 11:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

It's from covers site. They have many sport insiders... by insiders I mean mostly bookies not PR guys.

Injuries are changing everyday and you never know what's going to happen 45mins b4 the game, but I've been in "betting world" for the past 5 years and covers are the best in the business when it comes to early and correct information. I caught many lower spreads with great odds because of them.
    Cheers.

Rumour has it they won't know Amir's status for tomorrow night until this afternoon's practice.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. That's the problem. None of our perimeter players are good at running the pick and roll, especially Demar. Demar doesn't even look at the big man when they set a screen for him. This is where we really miss Jose man. Amir is one of the best in the league at finishing on the pick and roll and that was the one thing JV was good at and known for when he came into the league. The fact that we aren't able to run it because our guards aren't comfortable passing to the roller is really sad. JV would look sooo much better if he was consistently getting touches in the pick and roll.
    Confirmation here. Also notice how much quicker he is. I know he must also develop a post game but...

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...r-the-raptors/

Post Thanks / Like

An update on Amir folks:

26. Like rocwell liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I noticed when JV got the ball. Vucevic dropped back about 10 ft. JV could have taken a step and had an 8ft jumpshot. His number one task for the summer, develop that jumpshot. He shoots foul shots at over 75% as I recall. He should be able to nail those short jumpers no problem.

28. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information