Game #56: Orlando Magic 90 - Toronto Raptors 105

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    What about the Cav's game? He played great.
    If they don't give him the ball there is no point in having him on the floor.
    He seems better in second half than first.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      He seems better in second half than first.
      I think that applies to the whole team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
        I think that applies to the whole team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Especially the 3rd quarter
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• JV needs to step it up right about now.

With Amir out again...good thing Hansbro seems to be getting back into shape, he'll prove to be very useful/effective with Amir gone right now.

Sadly, I really wish we would've picked up a better backup C, I believe that'll be one of our issues going into the Playoffs and what-not.

Is there anybody that we can sign, maybe that's about to be bought-out that can help our case for a bit?

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            You have to give him some touches for sure but I don't want to hear anyone else talking about how he needs more touches. He just isn't good enough. He has one move in the low post and everyone knows the move so it doesn't even work anymore. This is a big reason why he ends up turning over the ball so much now. They need to get him more touches in the pick and roll because this low post thing isn't working as of yet.
            This I think, is what most people would advocate. I mean, Jonas had absolutely no post game last year at all. The fact that he's shown any budding moves is a good sign...but our O is all wrong for what his biggest strength is, which is catching and finishing on the move, such as in the p'n'r.

I'd like for him to get more touches, but only as a side effect, and not by forcefeeding him in the post. Just wish they ran a better, more varied O. I mean, there are entire games where Jonas doesn't receive a single pass as the roll man. Just re-reading that it sounds totally ludicrous, for any big man in general. And add to that Amir and Tyler are both good roll men too....it's just nuts.

I really wish Lowry was better at running p'n'r. For a guy who has actual starter talent, he's really insanely bad at running the most basic two-man play in the history of basketball. And our offence has settled into a perimeter-oriented, jumpshot heavy "system".

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
              Yolo De Colo got some hustle
              JESUS why have I never heard that nickname before. Yolo. De. Colo.

And you have to give JV looks. You absolutely have to. You think the Pacers stopped feeding Hibbert in the second year because he wasn't looking that great? You gotta keep giving your high-potential big man those looks.

I do agree that he should be given the ball in a variety of positions though- although I'd say that for about every offensive player on the team. Our offence isn't creative.
              @Boymusic66

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                This I think, is what most people would advocate. I mean, Jonas had absolutely no post game last year at all. The fact that he's shown any budding moves is a good sign...but our O is all wrong for what his biggest strength is, which is catching and finishing on the move, such as in the p'n'r.

I'd like for him to get more touches, but only as a side effect, and not by forcefeeding him in the post. Just wish they ran a better, more varied O. I mean, there are entire games where Jonas doesn't receive a single pass as the roll man. Just re-reading that it sounds totally ludicrous, for any big man in general. And add to that Amir and Tyler are both good roll men too....it's just nuts.

I really wish Lowry was better at running p'n'r. For a guy who has actual starter talent, he's really insanely bad at running the most basic two-man play in the history of basketball. And our offence has settled into a perimeter-oriented, jumpshot heavy "system".
                Exactly. That's the problem. None of our perimeter players are good at running the pick and roll, especially Demar. Demar doesn't even look at the big man when they set a screen for him. This is where we really miss Jose man. Amir is one of the best in the league at finishing on the pick and roll and that was the one thing JV was good at and known for when he came into the league. The fact that we aren't able to run it because our guards aren't comfortable passing to the roller is really sad. JV would look sooo much better if he was consistently getting touches in the pick and roll.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I really wish we had a better offensive coach. I love what Casey has done with this team defensively but think about if we a George Karl or someone like that running this team. Our offense would be crazy good. The only thing is it would probably hurt our defense and I rather defense than offense. The best thing would be to get a really good offensive assistant coach because Nicki Nurse doesn't seem to be good enough. He's definitely helped but I feel we need someone better.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I really wish we had a better offensive coach. I love what Casey has done with this team defensively but think about if we a George Karl or someone like that running this team. Our offense would be crazy good. The only thing is it would probably hurt our defense and I rather defense than offense. The best thing would be to get a really good offensive assistant coach because Nicki Nurse doesn't seem to be good enough. He's definitely helped but I feel we need someone better.
                    Hard to know what the impact is with Nurse. Could he do better if Casey value/used his input more? Is Casey relying on him a lot and it's just not making a huge improvement? Don't know. No clue what the internal workings of the coaching staff are like.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Hard to know what the impact is with Nurse. Could he do better if Casey value/used his input more? Is Casey relying on him a lot and it's just not making a huge improvement? Don't know. No clue what the internal workings of the coaching staff are like.
                      That's very true. Knowing how stubborn Casey is there's a good chance he isn't taking the input Nurse might be giving him. Because our offense could honestly be so much better with this personnel

Comment

• I love Jonas, but it can be a frightening adventure watching him operate in the Low Post. If his Footwork doesn't trip him up then his stone hands could fumble the ball at any moment! I agree he needs more touches in the pick and roll.

Liking what I'm seeing from Ross going off the dribble the last few games. His handles look good and with his really soft touch he finishes the floaters and short jumpers very well.
                        Last edited by BigCamB; Mon Feb 24, 2014, 12:55 AM.

Comment

That's very true. Knowing how stubborn Casey is there's a good chance he isn't taking the input Nurse might be giving him. Because our offense could honestly be so much better with this personnel
                          And how exactly do you know how stubborn Casey is, The only good chance is that you have no clue (not that I or any poster on this board have either) how much of Nurse's input is being utilized, But by all means keep making baseless accusations and extrapolations. Us smart, Casey stupid.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Nice to know that the Raptors can not show up and still end up beating the Magic by almost 20 points.

Good time to be a fan.

Comment

• I'm just basing it off of how much Casey continues to do certain things even when it's not working. I'm assuming that's part of him being stubborn but yes you are correct I don't know for sure.

Comment

• Another pedestrian win. It's funny that when the Raps (aka bad team) would hang with teams for the first half, "good teams" would kick their ass in the 3rd qtr, then coast. Now the situation is reversed, and the Raps doing the 3rd qtr ass-kicking is "bad".

lol, yeah, I'd like to see a little more urgency in the 1st half too, but geeez, this young core is producing at a 25-13 clip. There's a ton more to like than not!

Comment

Working...
                                X